Ch 34. Arrival in the Capital
403 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

"So, this Earlshide Kingdom's Capital."

Arthur was sitting on a carraige, looking the walls outside the city. Violet was the same, was looking out of curiousity.

Till now, Arthur has gone to different places, but this time is his first visit to the Earlshide's Capital.

"Driver-san, have we reached the capital?"

Violet who was looking outside feeling the wind sat down and asked the driver riding the horses.

"Yeah, my young lady!"

Thee driver laughed looking at her and then sped up a bit making the ride more fast.

"Those enchantments..."

Arthur looked at the red jewels like belt on the horse's head. 

"Those reduce the fatigue.... Hmm, the one made this must be a good enchanter."

The belts on the top of the head, reduces the fatigue which can help the horse to travel long distances easily.

This enchantment can help most people from all courses of life which is quite amazing.

"No wonder, all call her Guru."

The carraige stopped and the guards for the security came near to them to ask for identification.

Normally, most cities don't have that strict checking but because of it being a capital, the methods are a bit strict than usual.

But Arthur and Violet didn't had any problem with this. Both of them gave their identification card from Els, and the guard then after checking it's authenticity allowed them to enter.

The carraige entered the city, and what came to sight was the colourful houses all around in lines.

'The people unlike the ones in Empire are more happy.'

Violet looked the people walking all around with smiles. The capital was full of joy.

The people are genuinely happy. Violet smiled looking a boy playing with his sister.

Arthur looked at her and then smiled. He was worried if she remembered her memories of Empire, but from her smile he was relieved that she overcame it.

"Thank you for giving us a ride."

"No it's okay. After all, giving rides is our job."

Arthur gave him money for the ride and the driver to with smile returned to his job giving them a farewell.

"He is a good man, isn't he?"

"Yes."

---

"So, this is our house."

Arthur looked at the mansion the Count prepared for him.

"Isn't it too big?"

The mansion was just too big and too luxurious for two people. Arthur never expected the Count to prepare such a place for him to stay in this capital.

Both of them entered the house only to greeted by a number of maids and butlers. 

"Waah!"

While Violet was elated with the treatment she never recieved, Arthur just felt very uncomfortable.

'Violet! Where is your usual self?!'

He, the lone wolf of the pack was now in the place full of people.

How could he face many people at once? Not to mention how introvert he is. Violet is more social than him even in Els.

It's probably because she never fears someone's opinion on her. But Arthur is totally different.

Even though he is strong, he is very much mentally weak. Not in fights, but in social interactions.

Till now, he can only talk to Violet, the Guildmaster, the Count probably because he was a bit different from the arrogant ones and finally is probably Yuri. He can also talk to the ones for work like the shop keepers.

But now the maids and butlers?! He could see them shining in from of him. There is no way for him to go exist with maids and butlers.

'I have to tell the Count to remove them.'

While Violet was in full throttle with the rest of them, Arthur slipped away from the rest and came out of the mansion for a walk.

*Sigh!*

He sighed and then sat on the bench just outside the mansion.

Maybe because for liking him, the Count gave him the mansion situated in an elevated land.

Arthur was sitting, a bit relaxed under the shed of the tree.

"It's been a while since I felt so relaxed."

He remembers all his journey till now. How he was beaten at first and then how he lived.

His meeting with Violet and he recalled all his missions.

Every time, he had an urgency of becoming strong to not die. But now... He looked at the people down running happily.

And now... For the first time, he felt his feeling of urgency vanishing away.

"I haven't talked with Rengoku for long time."

He took out his katana from storage and placed it on the bench.

As he expected, Rengoku started scolding him as soon she came out.

"My Lord! I have told you many times, to not keep in the storage. I don't like it! Are you listening to me? My lord---"

And Rengoku saw him smiling at her. Being bonded with him, she could feel the emotions, Arthur emitted.

"My lord."

Rengoku said very softly.

"Hmm?"

"You have changed from the time we first met."

"You think so?"

"Yes."

"Then isn't it a good thing?"

Arthur looked at the people and smiled. He himself didn't knew when he changed so much.

"Yes... It's a good thing."

16