Ch 37. Meeting of Fated Ones(3)
407 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go to -www.pa_treon.com/mewriter

While typing link, remove the space "_" between "pa" and "treon".

===

"Arthur-sama! Arthur-sama! Its morning. If you don't get up, we will be late for the exam!"

A very nostalgic voice of Violet disturbed Arthur's sleep. He woke up and stretched his hands with the rising sun.

"Hmm… Violet. You're already ready."

Arthur looked at Violet who was full of gleam; soft, shiny and wearing new clothes which they bought before coming to capital.

"Yes. I got up a bit early. So, I took a fresh bath and cleaned up myself."

Violet said as she was settling Arthur's bed. Arthur walked up to the bathroom and brushed and took a clean bath.

"I nearly forgot that I am not in forest anymore."

In forest, he used to play in the river and take a dip in it, but now he used the bathroom which was a bit out of his habit.

"Arthur-sama. Here are the clothes."

Arthur came out of the bathroom and Violet was already in front of him, carrying clothes for him.

"Thanks."

He got dressed up and after a quick meal, both of them in the early morning left the mansion to walk towards the magic academy.

---

Entrance exam. Before the admission, this exam is conducted to give more talented students the chance to read in this academy.

Truthfully, this exam is important mostly for the commoners because of fairness. To give chances to the commoners to become magicians and support the kingdom.

And nobles also take part in it, though they can also enter it by giving donations to the academy illegally.

To put simply, despite the notion it carries of having fairness in the academy, it isn't true. The nobles don't associate much with the commoners nor do the commoners do with the nobles.

And the classes divided, is according to the magic potential. The in most cases, the ones with high magic power are the nobles. Unless, there is an anomaly.

"So, this is the known magic academy."

Arthur came out of the carriage and looked the academy bustling with students. Some of them in casual clothes, probably are the newcomers for entrance exam. And the others of higher class are in the regular blue uniform provided by academy.

Because of his unique white hair and beautiful demeanour, many students looked at him. Labelling him as a noble.

And Violet who was walking behind him like a retainer wasn't making it easier for him. Arthur could read the expressions of the students, but he ignored them and walked ahead to find the testing site.

He walked up the stairs to look the venue for the exams. But to him, there was a big surprise.

"What a coincidence."

He looked and found the boy, he met yesterday. But the situation was a bit…awkward. He was holding down a boy, blonde boy and from his clothing and attitude one could see him as an arrogant noble.

"Are you telling me, as soon I arrive in this academy I have to deal with nobility?"

Out of all things, Nobles are one of the things Arthur hates the most. There might be good nobles, like Count Carlson. But for most time, he has seen the nobles extorting common people, leaving them in dire states.

And its best example is Bluesphere Empire.

"What are you doing? Release me!"

The blonde noble shouted at the boy who was grabbing his hand, locking him down.

"What are you doing? Don't go casually grabbing other people's shoulders."

The boy looked at him and said as he was teaching manners.

"How dare you! I am Kurt Von Ritzburg!"

'There it is… the flaunting of noble status.'

Arthur looked at the noble boringly who was declaring his status to the boy, to show his superiority.

"And? I am Shin."

"…"

"Pfft!"

The students nearby laughed at the noble named Kurt. Who knew all his dramatic declaration and flaunting of name would do no good for him.

"I am the eldest son of the Ritzburg family…!"

"… Yeah, sure you are…"

Even Arthur was taken aback with the attitude of the boy named Shin. Rather than not giving attitude, it's like that Shin…

"It's like he doesn't understand what noble is babbling to him. Did he live in some forest?"

Arthur also lived in forest, but he most of times used to wander different places because of his job. He looked at Shin, and could say this guy doesn't know any common sense. He is aloof of the world around him.

"Y-You! Do you think you can get scot-free after messing with me?"

"Ah."

With an expression of realization, Shin finally understood the situation in front of him.

"Um, Kurt, was it? Using your family's influence inside the school is prohibited… or so I heard. But that's how it is, right?"

"There's no way a mere magic school teacher would even go against me!"

No matter how someone says, it's the truth. The fairness the royal family enforces in the academy… all this is just a joke to let the commoners claim high moral ground.

In reality, nobody goes against it. Even if you go against a noble inside the academy, its inevitable that in society, they are the lawmakers.

Arthur looked with very deep eyes. As a person, gone through all difficulties one couldn't imagine, all he saw in this noble that could be described in one word – Disgust.

"Stop right there."

All students turned back to see who came to stop them. A man giving off more regal feeling, with golden hair came in between to intercept them.

From a glance, one can easily deduce him as a noble.

"Using one's family's power to harm others in this magic school is taken as an act that disserves magic users. Severe punishment will be dealt to those who do it. Its not just a rule regulated by the school, it's a law established by the royal family."

The boy said in a very cold tone. Kurt was trembling all over as soon he saw the golden boy in front of him.

"Y-You are…."

"Or do you dare to challenge the royal family?"

'So, he is the prince.'

From the way of talking and from use of the name of royal family easily, Arthur figured out this particular person.

"No, I wouldn't think of it!"

Kurt bowed down and said quickly to not offend the person in front of him.

"Then I'd like to ask you to stop causing a scene. This is an exam venue. You'll disturb other registrants."

"Y-Yes."

Despite reluctance in his bones, he stood up and left. And then both Shin and the prince started to talk in a very familiar way.

A normal person may can't figure out, but Arthur at the moment knew who Shin was.

'A person who is so aloof. Must have been raised in a very good environment. Speaking with the prince with no hesitation or respect, probably he has enough recognized power or the power backing him is vast. Since first is impossible because he doesn't have common sense, second option is likely truer. Then, someone powerful enough to make royal family come door. As expected, it must be… Sage. That means, this guy…'

"Violet. Let's go."

"Yes, Arthur-sama."

Arthur smiled and with another look at Shin walked away towards his venue.

14