Booting Up
244 14 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finishing my cereal, I slurped down the remaining milk, leaving a white mustache on my face, of which I swiftly wiped off with my sleeve. Fuck, I forgot that I was wearing my nice suit! Getting off the stool, I grabbed my clothes and went back to my room to change. Now I was wearing black cargo pants and a white T-shirt, I kept my socks and underwear.

Grabbing my suit, I went back downstairs and put it in the washer. Once the whole ordeal was over, I went back to the kitchen to see Ember still reading my book in her robe. Once I saw this, something clicked inside my head, bringing to my attention something I should of thought about when I first saw her. Clothes! She needs her own clothes!

Just a robe is not good enough for an entire lifetime! I had to get her some actual clothes, though, based on past experiences she might not like it. I couldn't just use my spiritual realm, it would just disappear, as I have found out this morning. And I can't just let Ember get her clothes, as she would likely just do something else.

That, and a pair of permanently attached wolf ears would definitely attract some attention. It looked like my only option was to go stealthy and get some clothes for her at the mall, at night. I wasn't planning on stealing anything, i'll just leave some cash on the counter. But I will have to wait until nighttime, which would be a while.

So i'm gonna have to do something till' then. Searching my mind, I remembered that I could get a familiar! The whole Ember thing had distracted me from getting mine, but I might as well do it now. Who knows, it might even help me get clothes for her. "Hey, Ember! I'm gonna need that book back for a second." I called out to her.

"OK!" She replied. With the book in hand, she walked up to me and put it into my open arms. Almost immediately after she did that, she referred to me in another term, "Master..." Wait hold up! Did she just call me master?! Where the hell did she- oh, the book. With a sigh, I asked, "You learned that from the book, didn't you?" She answered with a "Yup! Just give me meat and I'll do whatever, you, want!" She punctuated the last three words with a slight head tilt.

"OK, but just call me Sean." I said to her. She gave me a nod. Turning around, I headed to the living room to get my familiar. Once I reached the room, I opened up the book to be greeted by the step by step guide to perform the familiar ritual.


It was a bit different to bind a familiar than a martial spirit, but similar enough that I felt more comfortable with it. I muttered the final words to the ritual, nothing happened for a couple seconds, but the room was quickly enveloped in a bright, blinding flash. Once I regained my eyesight, in the middle of the room I found...

I almost broke out in dance and song like last time, it was another waifu! Oh thy holy power has blessethed me! AND even better! She wasn't naked! She has snow white hair tied into a bun at the back of her head, her skin is snow white with delicate features. She had crystal blue eyes covered with glasses, and covering the rest of her was a black business dress that stopped right above her knees. On what skin I could see, I found thin lines running down her arms and legs.

For footwear she had a pair of white high heels, and her ears were long and pointy, like an elf. But something was wrong, again, her eyes were blank, her body motionless. I looked back at the book to find out what was wrong.

FAMILIAR BOOTING UP

4 hours and 58 minutes remaining.

Would you like to view stats?

[YES]      [NO]

Wait a minute, is my familiar an AI or something?! Well, it's starting to look like it. Selecting yes, the book then displayed my familiars stats.

Name: Unnamed

Stats;

Strength: 6 

Dexterity: 8
Intelligence: 30
Will Power: 28
Sense: 11
Vitality: 7

Magic Affinities: Digital, Technomancy, Metal, Lightning.

Starter Skills:

Hack: Can hack into systems.

Magical Engineering: Can combine advanced technology with its own magic or the magic of allies.

Bend: Can control metal through telekinesis.

Base Power Rating: Weak Strength, Average Dexterity, Transcended Genius Level Intellect, Endless Will, Normal Senses, Slightly Weak Vitality.

Overall Power Rating: Adamantine

Skill Tree:

Bluetooth: Can connect with devices wirelessly and control their functions.

Scanner: Can scan objects, creatures, etc, and receive data about them.

Greater Bend: Can control metal with greater strength and efficiency, can control heavier, more advanced metals.

...

Three words, yes, YES, and YES!!! I have two Op waifu's now! If George knew about this.... As soon as I thought about it, fear soon enveloped my eyes from the mere thought of it. Oh the horror of what he would do... Ogod....

A worried Embers hand on my shoulder broke me from the trance. "Are you OK? Sean?!" She said worryingly to me. "Yeah, i'm fine. Just thinking about what would happen if George found out about my 'situation.'" I said, reassuring her. This time her ears perked up a bit, and her smile brightened.

OK, gotta find the next thing to do until nighttime. I walked out of the living room, surprisingly deep in thought at what to do next. This time Ember didn't follow me, she was curious at what was happening outside the window. A man, who was walking his dog, stopped for a moment to scratch said dog behind its ear.

Ember saw this, and was curious about what it would feel like, as it seemed to be bringing the dog great pleasure. The dog then proceeded to roll onto its back, the man stopped the ear scratching and proceeded to rub its belly. Ember was also curious about this, too. She continued to watch the man and dog until they started walking again. Once again, Ember was curious about this as well.

An imaginary to-do list appeared in her head.

  1. Get Sean to scratch the behind of ear.
  2. Get Sean to rub belly.
  3. Get Sean to take me on walk.
  4. When so-called familiar wakes up, assume dominance over Sean.
5