Magical Integration
192 8 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well... Fuck." I thought to myself. Staring at the floating text above the ancient book. I knew this was going to happen eventually, but now?! Right after T.R.A.I booted up! I went to the book to inspect it closer; I would like to see if there's more to behold.

WARNING!

MAGICAL INTEGRATION HAS INCREASED TO LVL. 2!

Magic has reached the next level of integration in this world! Magical integration speed has increased! Low level monsters now spawn naturally! Individuals can now gain access to their mana without outside assistance! Pure magic beings have an increased likely-hood of survival!

[Learn More]

 

There was more to behold. Selecting "[Learn More]" I gained access to more information about this predicament.

Magical bonds gain increased strength and stability! Great items, or Objects Of Power, have now been activated and are ready to bond with a host! Supernatural events happen more often! Holy connection between divine beings and mortals has been restored, though it is very weak. List of nearby G.I's, or O.O.P's, may be accessed through a familiar. List of monsters that can now spawn may be accessed through a familiar. 

Estimated time before next magical integration level up: 1,460 Hours and 40 seconds.

The hell are Great Items?! Supernatural events?! God's real?! Wait, I should calm down and take this slowly. Don't want to be too crazy about this unless I have to. OK, first I should start with Objects Of Power. First question, why is it called Great Items? Objects Of Power sound way better!

OK, serious questions. What are Objects Of Power? Like before, the book seemed to sense what I wished to know, and acted accordingly.

OBJECTS OF POWER

O.P's are objects, items, or any man made thing imbued with supernatural powers. O.P's are created when a man made thing with significant emotional value is brought to a lay-line. The more emotional value it has, the more powerful it will become. A lay-line is an area of significant magical and supernatural energy, often shaped like cracks. Though, an item with significant emotional value will not always form when brought to a lay-line. It is, in fact, quite rare for an O.P to be formed in the first place.

Thank you for thy info ancient book of knowledge. Judging from the information the book granted me, there should be very little O.P's, if there is any at all, as Earth probably didn't have magic for a millennium. But O.P's should become more common in the future, once magic becomes more comfy.

Now, the monsters. Twisting my body to face T.R.A.I, I asked for the list of monsters, seeing that the book itself said to ask my familiar instead of itself. After I asked for the list, T.R.A.I gave a small smile, and an iPad of sorts appeared in her arms. She swiped and tapped on it for a couple of seconds, Ember curiously looking over her shoulder, and held the iPad to me. "I believe that the results should be satisfactory." She said with a hint of confidence.

I thanked her and retrieved the iPad, which was currently displaying all of the monsters that ca now spawn naturally in this world.

Monsters;

Lvl. 1;

Horned Rabbit: Attacks with horn attached to forehead. Aggressiveness: Neutral. Tamable.

Nipper: Bites anything and everything that moves. Aggressiveness: Hostile. Tamable.

...

Really? That was it? Well I guess T.R.A.I was right, it was 'satisfactory.' These monsters should pose no threat to civilization at all, besides making the scientific community go "The fuck's this?!" I saw that there was an option to display the monsters pictures, and my god they seem even more weak now!

The horned rabbit was literally a rabbit with a horn. The 'Nipper' as it was called, looked like an enlarged, bald weasel with purple skin. These monsters looked so weak that I almost laughed. Though I was curious why there wasn't more monsters to be had. This time, instead of asking the book, I thought it might be a good idea to consult with T.R.A.I instead. Seeing that she comes with more knowledge than Ember.

"Um, T.R.A.I? Can you please tell me why there's so little monsters? I expected that there would've been much more variety." I asked my robotic familiar. She adjusted her glasses while she explained the answer to me. "The reason why there isn't as many monsters as you would have expected is because of the ecosystem." I gave a slightly confused look at her. "Piranhas, tigers, wolves, sharks, etc. Apparently, these creatures are powerful enough to take the places of some monsters in the eyes of magic. So while they are classified as animals, they took some spots away from monsters, and will probably continue doing so until the monsters become more powerful than existing animals."

OK, that cleared some stuff up. Though, it has me curious about something else. "T.R.A.I, what's the difference between animals and monsters?" Currently, it seemed as if monsters were just strange variants of existing animals. "The difference between animals and monsters is quite simple. Animals can't use magic, while monsters can." Again, I was confused, nowhere did it say that the monsters that now spawn can use magic.

T.R.A.I sensed my confusion, and continued the explanation. "The monsters that now spawn do have magic. Though it's as small as the amount of hormones in milk. To give you an example, to get the same amount of hormones in a pill by drinking milk, you would have to drink around 6.7 billion cups of milk."

First of all, DAMN!! That's extremely small! And second, how the hell does she know about the freaking amount of hormones in milk?! Maybe when she was created, she got the necessary knowledge first, and then got some random shit afterwards. Ah, it doesn't matter. But what does matter is that now there's monsters, and from what I know from video games, it's that monsters give exp.

So if that same law applied in this world, then I'll be able to get Ember and T.R.A.I some new skills. After all it is a good idea to get even more O.P before the monsters that actually pose a threat start popping up. "But that's for later, it's time to get Ember some actual clothes." I thought to myself while looking at the clock on the wall...

4