Prologue
14.4k 36 177
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We underestimated the enemy.

It isn’t to say that our smooth journey into the heart of the demon’s territory had made us conceited, on the contrary knowing that the demon king would be waiting for us in his castle confident about his victory had only served to raise our caution to strategize and prepare enough trump cards to ensure our flawless victory… and yet, 30 minutes into the final battle our tank, the stout dwarf named Bhelkam capable of taking a breath attack from a fire dragon and coming out unharmed is lying on the floor unconscious and covered in blood with multiple fractures and an arm twisted into a spiral with bone fragments sticking out of it. The scout Jack, assassin and ex-underworld boss’s right hand and our prideful arch mage Diana were the second to go out of battle. Feeling the exhaustion catching up to him in a high pace fight such as this, our scout/assassin who once terrorized the corrupted nobles and denizens of the underworld with his stealth and assassination skills was plucked out of his hiding space and thrown at our arch mage, destroying­­­­­­ her magic shield and sending both of them flying across nearly 100 meters... not exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted them to become closer…haaah…

*Splash*

Shit! There goes Almeira, our elven archer, a great marksman in terms of skills and the woman responsible for foiling all my peeping attempts on the girls bath. Getting hit by a viscous acid bolt to the face melted her skin and eyes out… uwaahhh… I dodged the dark bolt he tried to surprise me with and collected the unconscious archer and put her behind cover so that our healer and priestess could take care of her. Celia our healer and angel who cures my emotional scars has already overworked herself to total mana exhaustion and is already struggling to keep everyone alive. Ah! Did I say I had a crush on her and was planning to marry her?

I guess there really is no other choice is there?

“HAHAHAHAHA!!! HERO!!!! It’s been a while since I went all out! Come! and taste DESPAIR!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

Well at least one of us is excited.

If I had known I was going to go out like this I would have atleast gotten rid of my virginity. No medicine for regret I guess, hope next life is better.

I gather the rest of my mana within me and focus all of it on breaking the aether shell keeping my soul tied to this mortal body, leading to all my stats skyrocketing and enormous amount of mana rippling out of me to cause fissures in the air.

“WHAT!?”

Haha, I guess even the Demon king would be shocked by what I did now; The superior version of limit break, an original spell made by me known only to me-

“Raymond! NOOOOO!!!!!”

-and Celia, I suppose… I wish I could have told her how much I loved her when I had the chance.

The rest of the fight was a blur, it all happened too fast. With me already destroying myself faster than the Demon king could harm me, I neglected all defence and focused on destroying the enemy in front of me. And before either of us could catch up being able to react to my sudden increase in strength, I had already thrust my holy sword through his heart. With the healing negation of my holy sword, his fate is sealed.

“*cough**cough*… haha, as expected of the mad hero… I should give thee a reward…”

A sudden surge of unidentifiable mana shot out from him and went inside me. My death was set in stone the moment I activated my final trump card, yet as creeping feeling of dread causes me to ask

“WHA! What did you do!?”

“Rejoice hero! For thou shall become the next demon lord!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHahahaaaa…..”

He passes away wearing the same maniac grin he had for the entire duration of the fight. The meaning of his last words completely lost on me.

A moment of silence passes before I am suddenly hugged from behind.

“Raymond! No please no! Don’t leave meeee!!!”

Aaah, Celia, your crying face is beautiful too. How wonderful would it have been if I could stay here… it’s no use, I can already feel my body breaking down and crumbling away.

God, if you are out there, please bless me with a life of luxuries and free from burdens in my next life.

[Notification: Soul collected and ready for forced reincarnation]

...what?


Spring, year 1048

The hero Raymond with a few of his trusted companions assault the Demon king's castle and succeded in defeating the evil Demon lord, bring a close to near 100 years of war and hope of everlasting peace.

The news spread out to every corners of the young world Nova, people singing praises for the hero who sacrifised himself to bring peace to the world. Stories were told and retold passed down from generation to generation.


Summer year 1605

Inside the orphanage connected to the church in a small village near the border town of Torena a middle aged nun with a stern face could be seen reading a storybook to a silver haired child lying on the bed.

"... and that is how the valiant hero defeated the evil Demon king and brought peace and prosperity to our world."

zzzzZZZZzzzz

A warm smile spreads along her normally stern face as she notices the little girl had already fallen asleep, she bends over to give the girl a soft kiss on her forehead before whispering

"Goodnight, Lily"

Shortly after the sister leaves the room, the girl's eyes shot open.

You can't really expect me to sleep while listening to a story based on my past life now can you? Especially when it has been glorified to such a horrifying degree.

Yes, yes as you have already expected, it is I the hero Raymond REBORN!!!

Though I said that, I have no intention of being the hero character again, also it is pretty impossible considering I'm a demon now, a greater succubus no less. I'm only 12 and already more than half of the men in the village have turned into pedophiles. No surprise considering my appearence even while disguised as human is enough to stroke the flames of lust in any man. Getting turned on while seeing my own reflection in the mirror is certainly not normal I guess.

On to more serious matters.

To the god writing my story and the readers who give him power.

"Thank you. For granting my wish and gifting me with this wonderful life free from burdens and responsibilities. I promise to live my life living selfishly seeking all the fun and pleasure this world has to offer... world domination seems like a good idea...nah..."

177