Chapter 10: Romantic? Encounter
11.9k 22 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilith’s POV

I wake up as usual, get freshened up and say the usual prayers before heading to the kitchen. Mom is already cooking, she wakes up before everyone despite being the highest ranked member of the orphanage. She takes her job as head sister very seriously.

“Good morning Lily, looking a bit muddled today, aren’t you?”

“Mwoning mommy, juzt a bit on mind today” I tiredly reply.

I stand beside her and start helping with the cooking, our little mother daughter bonding time in the morning. When I was measuring the amount of spices I needed to add, she took my hand and said, “Sometimes it’s better to go with your gut feeling instead of following the recipe to the word. Not all ingredients taste the same.”

She added the rest of the spices and stirred it and let me taste it.

Hmm, perfect. Mother’s cooking really is the best.

Skill Cooking is now level 5

 

I’m almost as skilled as her at cooking, hehe.

A good way to start the day.

 

I was sitting in my usual seat, listening to Reina talk about what she was going to do in today’s training when I noticed something very interesting.

The reason I always take this seat is because I am able to have a complete view of the village with my Evil Eyes of Clairvoyance from here. Anything that happened in the night, including the secrets people wish to hide are revealed to my eyes.

I can see Billy trying to hide from Sarah’s husband after he returned home earlier than usual from the night shift. I can see the wanted thief going to bed in his safe house after a night of hard work, and also, I can see a crown prince and his to-be-fiancé along with 3 other men engaging in a session of very passionate morning sex in the suite of our local high class inn. And I can see that Ed dirtied his pants because of another wet dream…

A pretty normal morning.

AS IF!!!

They are obviously here for Leena.

There was no announcement of a royalty’s arrival; so it must mean they are here incognito.

I was thinking about how to approach Leena about the training. This five’s presence may give me an opportunity.

Ignoring the feeling of dancing on the palm of someone (Mr. ‘Administrator’) I eat the delicious breakfast with renewed vigor. Today is going to be a very good day.

After breakfast everyone went on their separate ways. Leena was assigned to buy groceries and was heading to the market, alone as usual. And judging from the path the other 5 visitors are following they would meet up in the market, the most crowded place in the morning. The prince’s guards have already spread out disguised as passing adventurers.

My stealth skill is not high enough to sneak up on them, so I only have the choice of accompanying Leena out in the open.

“What are you doing here?” She asked glaring at me.

Another stupid choice of action again; if someone sees you glaring at me like that your favorability with villagers would decrease further you know?

“Helping you, besides with me around, we will even get a cuteness discount.” I said winking cutely at her.

She sighed exasperatedly before ignoring me and going on ahead.

Yep, confirmed it again, this girl’s social capabilities are zero.

I followed her letting out a giggle.

Walking along for a minute we had the encounter I was waiting for.

“!!! Y-your highness! W-what are you doing here?”

“Leena, we came to check up on you. Mary was worried about you after you got banished. Be grateful for her kindness towards you despite everything you have done to her.”  The crown prince declared haughtily.

“Coming to this shit hole of a village just to check up on her. Honestly wasting my precious time for a bitch like her.” One of the men behind him, the prodigy of magic-research complained. He looks like a proud royal magician, blue hair and black eyes and looks more fitting to an elegant noble than a researcher, a sense of superiority ingrained deep into his psyche. Judging from first impressions, he is not as much of a genius as everyone claims him to be.

Plus, his ‘prodigious’ achievement was merely discovering the new level of Appraise magic, a magic I introduced centuries ago, now making it possible for people to cast Level 7 Appraisal. I already have it at max level.

I remember giving out false information about appraisal magic when the Nobles demanded it from me during the time I was a hero. Are they still chasing after it? Idiots.

“Don’t be so grumpy Jean, I heard there is a hot spring resort in this village, we can enjoy some commoner’s fun time with Mary.” placated the buffed up handsome man, the knight commander’s son, he had dark red hair and blue eyes and kept one hand on Mary’s shoulder affectionately. He looks like the stereotypical musclehead character.

“You say that Brad, but aren’t you just aiming for the mixed bath? Your perverted intentions are written all over your face.” The grey haired grey eyed Claude, the son of prime minister said while pulling Mary closer to him by her waist.

While the insides are questionable, this Mary does know how to choose a handsome faces. They were all gathered protectively around a smaller cute woman. She had looks which would make men want to protect her.

Her black eyes and medium length black hair contrasting quite beautifully against her pale skin. Her short stature with large breasts and slim waist makes people want to protect her, while at the same time showering her seductive body with kisses and tainting her by yourself. She had an expression of concern on her face. Only someone skilled in deception like me could see the hidden triumph and contempt in her eyes.

Anger, disgust and frustration flashed on Leena’s face before bowing to them. Not a noble’s bow but a commoner’s.

“I humbly thank Lady Mary, his highness and his companions for their concern, but my life here has been without difficulties. Please don’t concern yourselves with this humble subject.” She intoned, each word seemingly a struggle.

Haaah. This girl has a high pride too. She will be high maintenance indeed.

Hearing the words she had spoken as sarcasm, frowns spread on the four men’s face. Before they could open their mouths, the main character Mary takes the lead.

“Please don’t talk like that Lady Leena, I still consider you as my friend. This wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t talked to Julian without knowing that he was betrothed to you.” Tears start to well up in her face, painting a very pitiful picture.

She is obviously provoking Leena, even her casual mention of the crown prince by his name to show that the prince is already her possession.

I get it now. How simple minded.

Mary wants Leena to lash out in this crowded place, while she plays the innocent victim. Leena would be seen as villain and be about to be punished. Mary would jump out in protest, pleading mercy for Leena.

She would make the villagers see her as a kind and pure girl, spreading her good name among the commoners, who would be unknowingly supporting her, thus her chance being accepted by the King and Queen increases, at the same time Leena’s remaining stay at the village would be… best left unsaid.

It would have worked out well too if I was not here.

The village chief’s grandson who is an Arch Mage and a recognized Tower-researcher returning home from the Magical city Aera for holidays is also near. I have nothing to fear now.

I throw my cup of fruit juice I got from a kind street vendor along the way to Mary’s face. Since no one cared for my presence till now, it successful hit her spilling the drink on her face and white dress.

While everyone is still surprised by what happened, I yell out with tears in my eyes.

“STOP BULLYING SISTER LEENA! LEAVE HER ALONE!!!”

When the surprise wore off, the prince reached out to catch me, rage coloring his face; I immediately pulled the key on my personal alarm given to me by the village chief when he noticed some unsavory people staring at me in the past.

The sound from alarm immediately silenced everything, turning all faces towards us.

There the villagers saw an angry blonde haired, blue eyed man reaching for their beloved little angel.

 

 

Announcement

Sorry for the delay. Exams. I will be uploading the already written chapters and a few new chaps in the near future, but I can't give any fixed schedule... Hope you enjoy

170