Oneshot
1.2k 14 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cold wind blew gently in the night sky of the Gemerrio Empire. Thousands of its inhabitant has already went to Lalalaland as the light of the lantern in their home was lit off. However, there are still some people who still awake this late at night.

A man in his thirties walked in the streets, accompanied by a girl behind him. Her pink long hair was messed up, and she wears something like a dirty rag to cover her petite body.

The girl, Reiren was quite an unfortunate child, a month ago she was sold by her parents as a slave. Her family's house shouldered a huge debt and her parents had no choice but to sell their daughter to a slave trader for 30 golds, just to continue living.

Her master, the man who walked in front of him, was the one who bought her just not too long ago. He wears fancy dresses and looked like a noble with a prestigious house. However, if that so, why he had to walk by foot to the slave market? Alone, without any bodyguard or even riding a carriage?

She remembered a scene in the adult book at her childhood friend, Plerr's secret stash.

'Perhaps, he was captivated to my beauty and bought me as a sex slave to satisfy his lust? Oh, no!'

Reiren's imagination went wild, various scenario flashed inside her mind. This man in front of him will strip her naked and then put a collar on her neck, then she will be forced to walk in the middle of the street. Lots of dirty men will be ogling her naked body with undisguised libido. And then she would definitely be forced to various humiliation!

Yes, according to her mother's story, nobles are such unreasonable people. It's not rare for nobles to have very lecherous nature and ordinary peasant can only grit their teeth, enduring their tyranny.

Reiren could only steel her heart to prepare herself, perhaps tonight she will be *nyan nyan* all night and her *funyan funyan* expression would be recorded by Magic Crystal and sold in the nearby adult store.

'Calm down, Reiren! Calm down! This is still not definite. If he only wants sex, he didn't have to buy a slave. Why he didn't visit a brothel instead? Yes, he should have another purpose, other than *BEEP* or *BEEP* or *BEEP*!'

Reiren sighed in relief with that realization and stroke her not so existent breast with her hand.

Not long after, they arrived at some dubious chapel. They entered and the man speaks with the bishop inside.

"Priest, the usual."

"Ah yes, I've found your reservation, Mr. Walter. We welcome you to your stay here at Saint Lyn Graveyard."

Huh? Eh? Eh? WHAT?

Reiren didn't comprehend the conversation between the priest and the man. The man dragged Reiren to the back of the chapel and stopped in front of a gravel pit.

"Enter." The man commanded.

Reiren instantly understood, her face paled like a sheet of paper.

SYIEETT!!

It turns out this noble is a Necromancer!

It makes sense he didn't bring his bodyguard, visiting a slave trader in the dead night. It turns out this Necromancer didn't buy her as a sex slave, but as a sacrifice!

"Mommy... Daddy..."

Reiren trembled, she didn't expect a fate worse than her *funyan funyan* imagination would befall her. However, she still entered the pit as the master's order is absolute to a slave. Defying it will cause the crest in her soul to shook, tormenting her in the process.

The next moment, the man used his magic to shove the dirt, burying Reiren alive. She held back her tears while dirt started to cover her face.

At first, she had prepared herself to win over her master's heart with a honey trap strategy to make her life easier. With her lovely appearance, she confident could bewitch her master. But now, it seems she was too naive.

After this, would she turn into a zombie with rotten flesh? Or perhaps her almost flat breasts will further shrink as she became a skeleton? Heheh, forget about the honey trap. Even she herself won't dare to stand in front of the mirror if this were to happen.

GAME OVER!

'No! This is so wrong!' Reiren screamed in her heart.

Suddenly, a mysterious phenomenon happened. Black energy in the surrounding graveyard changed the flow and entered Reiren's grave, absorbed into her body. She could tell something were happened within her body but she didn't know what is happened.

Mr. Walter observed this phenomenon with a glee. He laughed uncontrollably.

"HAHAHAHA! MY EYES WERE NOT WRONG! AT LEAST... AT LEAST!! I HAVE FOUND MY SUCCESSOR!"

His voice reverberated in the graveyard.

♦♦♦

 

Three months passed.

Now Reiren has become apprentice Necromancer. That night, she was adopted into Walter household, and her name changed into Reiren Walter.

With Walter household's power, she got the best of private tutors. She grows from illiterate to knowledgeable in just a month. And every night, Mr. Walter would tutor her personally about Magick and Necromancy.

Every sentient being has mana in their body. However, those who could control it and causes a phenomenon called magic is only a small few. The study of this phenomenon is called Magick, and Necromancy is one of the thousands of branch studies derived from Magick.

Necromancy is actually a study related to controlling souls, not just summoning undead to do your bidding, or performing life sacrifices in a dubious altar. Unfortunately, because of its nature, some find this branch of Magick as blasphemy. And the organization called Holy Order hunted all of the Necromancer.

Mr. Walter extremely warns her to not use this Magick in the open even if her life is in danger. But if she does, she must kill all the witnesses so the Necromancy would remain as a secret.

Reiren listened to this explanation with a serious face. Even without Mr. Walter's warning, she understood the consequences.

"Father, then what about normal magic? If I can't use Necromancy, then teach me normal magic!"

Mr. Walter shakes his head with a wry smile,

"Unfortunately, your aptitude towards other Magick was disastrous. The mana conversion was horrible. In short, you're no different than those muggles in the streets."

STAB!

His words pierced her heart. Reiren wants to cry but no tears appeared.

"Then, if I'm unable to use magic, how come I could use Necromancy?"

"Necromancy is mainly using spiritual power, not mana. It's a different system altogether."

'Well, I expected it though... If my bloodline was capable of using magic, my family won't be a peasant with reek in debt. Even if not noble, at least my family could become a retainer of one.'

Fortunately for her, Mr. Walter's next words give her hope.

"There is still a way for you to use normal magic."

"Really?"

"Yes, coincidentally, it aligns with what we will doing next."

Reiren's eyes glittered. Wielding magic is like unattainable dreams for her, now she suddenly told she could use it. Of course, she was excited. She jumped happily,

"Eh, what? What will we do next?"

'This adopted Father of mine is so kind. Not only he gives me shelter, but he also will make me could use magic. I'm sorry Father, for accusing you a few months ago as a pervert.'

Mr.Walter chuckles, he put his finger to Reiren's mouth, revealing her decaying back teeth. It is understandable as she was a commoner until a few months ago, she clearly didn't manage her teeth sanitation that well.

"We can't let a Walter have this kind of defect, so we will have to play dentist for a bit."

Huh? Something feels off.

"And your limbs, isn't this full of scar? This won't do."

Reiren is alarmed, her instinct told her something bad to happen.

"So, Reiren, strip off... Everything!"

Master Command!

Eh? Wha... Whaaat?

What are you doing, dear Father? In the end, you want to *nyan nyan* with me?

This is wrong, you already adopt me as a daughter. You can't do this!!

Unfortunately, Reiren can't disobey the Master Command. Her body moved by itself without her consent, removing all her clothes all the way to her underwear. The next moment she realizes, she already in her birthday suit.

"Fa... Father?!"

Reiren holds back her embarrassment and closed her eyes, she already prepared herself. Did she already make up her mind long ago? It's just delayed for three months, that's all. But, Mr. Walter's next words were not she had expected.

He showed her something resembling human skin, a set of teeth, and a pair of red eyes.

"We will do skin grafting to replace your entire skin with this one. This is made from a Succubus skin, it's has been cut carefully and patterned with Troll skin for its regenerative ability and chicken (Cockatrice) skin for magical resistance. The pattern itself is a reinforce rune so you will get physical defense as well. This one took me a whole month to make."

Eh? Eeeeeeh?

"Thankfully your breast is nonexistent, so I didn't have any trouble to sculpt it."

STAB!

Father, do you have any grudge with me?  (ಥ﹏ಥ)

"And then, for your teeth, I used Dragon's white bone and engraved it with a reinforce rune as well. You can crunch even the hardest steel with it. But remember that your tongue is still flesh, you must not do that. This one is a Magic Eye of Mana, extracted from a certain criminal. With it, you could see the flow of mana and spirit power easily. And lastly, this..."

He showed her a glowing crystal orb.

"This is a Magic Tool to absorbs the surrounding mana and convert it to ready usable mana. You will be able to use magic with this tool."

Reiren was left speechless.

'I take back my words, this person is not good!'

"Explanation is enough, and so... let's start."

With that said, he took a scalpel out of his pocket. Reiren couldn't help but trembled.

 'I feel my body is in danger, literally!'

♠♠♠

 

And thus, 3 days have been passed. Reiren's entire body was filled with bandages, lying on her bed. Mr. Walter refuses to give her anesthesia except for the surgery. She had to endure unbearable pain for the entire three days. The servants in Walter's mansion could hear her scream from time to time and couldn't be helped but terrified. However, they didn't dare to ask anything.

'What happened to the little miss?' 

Reiren also didn't say anything to the servants. The deal about her being adopted and unable to use magic was kept a secret. They only know she was Mr.Walter's long lost daughter, and of course, able to do magic.

But unbeknownst for them, the "real daughter" of Mr.Walter is currently sitting next to Reiren's bed.

"How ironic, Father was never there for me and my Mother, but when I was killed, he actually adopted a new daughter to fill my seat. I wish he would give that love when I was alive, though."

The daughter, Leila sighed. Her brown hair resembling Mr. Walter's, gracefully flowed gently stroking her beautiful face.

Reiren looked at her direction and asked, "Jealous?"

Leila smiled wryly, "Nope!"

She stands up from the bed and started to dance. The morning sun shines from the window, bathing her with its light and creates a beautiful sight. Unfortunately, nobody except Reiren can see this sight with her newly Magic Eyes. Not even Mr. Walter himself.

"He is so devoted to his Magick research, so much that he forgets he has a wife and daughter. For him, we are just moving statues in his home." Leila continued to dance.

"Ironically though, he actually cried at my funeral, more than my Mother. Only after my death, he started to look at me as his daughter. He even started dealing with Necromancy and trying to resurrect me. Idiotic, isn't it?"

Reiren listened to Leila's grumble silently.

Apparently, Mr. Walter is Gemerrio Empire's Magick Researcher, his house was raided while he was away in magic research. The mother survived the attack but Leila got stabbed and died instantly. After this incident, her mother divorced him and moved back to her parents' home and he himself started to study the Necromancy.

Unfortunately, his efforts resulted in nothing. His study of Necromancy didn't progress further and he suffered bottleneck that he was unable to overcome. Although his secret research resulted in many groundbreaking inventions, he still unable to resurrect his daughter. Realizing his limit, he decided to make a disciple to help him continue his research. After all, two people are definitely better than one.

"And that's where I came for..."

"Precisely, but I think it's still not quite correct."

"Hmm, what do you mean?"

Leila stopped her dance. Reiren observes her reaction. But, even after she waited for a while, Leila didn't answer. Instead, she asked.

"Hey, Reiren... Do you like my Father?"

Wha!?

Leila's question gave Reiren in shock. She even forgets her pain as she moved her body, only to be jolted with agony.

"You don't have so shocked, I watched you for a long time, you know?"

"...Yeah, I do. So what?"

Reiren glared at Leila begrudgingly, her eyes filled with tears as she desperately endures the pain within her body. Leila laughed after seeing Reiren's cute emotion.

"Father complex."

STAB!

Reiren, "...Shut up!"

"Pervert."

STAB! STAB!

Reiren,"...Sh...Shut up!"

"Masochist."

STAB! STAB! STAB!

Reiren, "...Uuu.." ⊙﹏⊙

Leila giggled, watching Reiren's reaction turned out to be fun. Before leaving, she says, 

"Reiren, I think we will get along well. Please take care of me in the future."

Reiren, "..."

Go away, ghost!

I'll have to sprinkle salt after this pain is gone!

♣♣♣

 

Time passed and after 2 days, it was time for Reiren to remove all the bandages in her body. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. It was the same lovely face as she remembers. Except, clean without even any speck of scar, as if she was a newborn baby. Her teeth were perfect without any sign of decay. However, her eye color was changed to red. If one were to carefully look at it, there is something like sigils engraved near her iris.

She tested by pricking her skin with a pin. The result is there is no damage to her skin but the pin is totally bent. As she hasn't learned the normal magic yet, she wasn't sure about the magic resistance thing.

The minor problem is, Reiren was too much to get used to naked except the bandages. She had developed resistance to wearing clothes.

'Oh crap! Does this make me a pervert? No! No! No! Leila would tease me endlessly if she knows!'

With that thought, she quickly wears her clothes.

As she was able to use other magic, Reiren spent her days learning various branches of Magick, and in the night, Necromancy. Learning the theories about the Magick was actually quite fun for her.

Leila grimaced in her mind,

'As if a muggle could change into a mage that easily. If others were to know about this, there will be a riot as there is no need for the noble system to exist!'

Reiren also got to know, the dubious chapel, Saint Lyn Graveyard, is like a gathering place for Necromancer, like Adventurer Guild for adventurers.

She got permission to come to the graveyard to trade few Necromancy ingredients, only if she wears a cape and a mask.

 

And then, 4 years passed.

Reiren turned 16 this year and has to enroll in the Academy.

As for what she learned during these 4 years, she managed to learn Fire and Wind magic, Strengthening magic, Rune Enchanting, all intermediate grade. As for Necromancy, she was able to summon 100 ghouls and 70 skeletons.

Leila whispered,

"Are you excited, Reiren?"

Reiren glanced at Leila, she didn't change at all since 4 years ago. She still looks like a girl in her mid-teens. As for her, she had grown up a few centimeters, but as usual, flat-chested.

Reiren sighed with her chest, she was already given up about it.

[Well, perhaps. I'm quite curious about how is my life in the academy.]

She had learned how to communicate with Leila in her mind telepathically. Learned from the servants' strange look when she talked with Leila, she developed this trick.

"I'm actually quite envious with you, I didn't manage to finish my academy before I died."

[Is that why you wearing that uniform?]

"Yup, did it suit me?" Leila giggled.

Reiren sighed, she didn't bother to use telepathy this time,

"Yeah, yeah... sure."

She quickly packed her stuff and started walking, while Leila chased her from behind.

 

 

44