Chapter 6
171 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Bo, let me see your status.'

'Okay.'


Character Sheet

Name: Bo Foxhare | Race: Brown Hare (Leveret) | Sex: Male

Evolution: 0% | Level: 1(0%)

Class: None | Magic Affinity: Mental

Species Traits: Adaptive, Agrarian, Rapid Breeders, Enhanced Memory

Unique Trait: Communal

Titles: Fox Kin

Attributes (0 AP)

Strength: 6 | Constitution: 6

Endurance: 7 | Dexterity: 7

Intelligence: 8 | Wisdom: 8

Perception: 11 | Luck: 11

Health: 60/60 | HP Regen: 7/min

Stamina: 60/60 | Sp Regen: 7/min

Mana: 80/80 | MP Regen: 8/min

Proficiencies

Skills: Hare Boxing (0%); Pounce (0%), Tail Whip (0%), Math: Basic (5%), Language: Foxen (15%)

Spells: Avoid Detection (0%), Mana Manipulation (4%)

(0 PP) Perks: Enhanced Hearing I, Night Eyes I, Panoramic Vision I, Trickery I


Bo had learned some things in the past few days: [Mana Manipulation], [Mental Magic: Projection], [Math: Basic], and [Language: Foxen]. He wanted to do the cool things Michi did with his Spells, but the fox said it would have to wait until he reached 5% Proficiency in [Mana Maniplation].

Unfortunately, 5% was taking a long time to reach. After days of no progress, Michi decided to give him a little break.

'Alright. That's enough for today. I'll let you go out now.'

Bo's ears shot up at the fox's words. 'Really? You never let me do that anymore!'

'Yeah, yeah, I know. But I want you to start getting some Proficiency in your other skills.'

Bo was eager to dart out of the burrow, but the fox stopped him. 'Bo, come back when you reach 1% Proficiency in your combat skills.'

'Okay!'

'Be careful!'

'Okay!'

'Don't stray too far from the hole.'

'Okay!'

Michi sighed and released him, letting Bo run out of the foxhole and into the wide, open world.


Bo was caught in a fierce battle between a small swarm of Lion Bugs. They were the size of his paws and had a very painful bite. As they swarmed him, he could see little red strands of something handing off their bodies, mimicking the mane of the lions he'd seen in Michi's books.

These were certainly tough foes! He was using [Tail Whip] at maximum efficiency; he loved this skill the most because his normally short and stubby tail would shoot out and smack the bugs away from his body. Unfortunately, it only stunned them and caused little to no damage.

He contemplated making a run for it back to the burrow, but what if Michi never let him come back out again? He couldn't lose this privilege because of some dumb bugs!

While he was in deep thought, one of the bugs took a chance and bit his shoulder. Oh, the agony! Bo snarled and used his super-long tail to smash the bug against his shoulder. It worked!

[You have killed 1x Lion Bug. You have gained 1 EXP. 99% remaining until the next level up.]

He let a few more bugs bite and smash them with [Tail Whip], but this method was hurting him more than helping. With each bite, his HP―Michi told him it was the stuff that kept him alive―decreased by 2. He only had 60 and there were dozens of bugs! He'd never make it!

Bo would have to retreat. Smashing just one more bug, he turned and sprint-hopped back to the burrow. He reached it in about 5 minutes and was about to dive in when he heard a familiar buzzing sound.

They had followed him!

Bo thought about his options. He could either go in the burrow and get Michi or he could take them on himself. He didn't think he'd win if he fought by himself, but what if Michi refused to let him back out because he was worried about Bo?

He could not let that happen.

He needed a plan, but what? What could hurt these nigh-invincible cretins? The only offensive skills he had were [Hare Boxing], [Pounce] and Tail Whip] and none of them worked well enough against the swarm.

His perk, [Trickery I], buzzed in the back of his mind. He focused on what it was trying to tell him.

And then he had an idea.

2