Chapter 8
153 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Michi looked up from his journal. With a glance at a magical thing called a 'clock', he saw it was getting later and later in the day.

Where was Bo?


The hare saw the small thing that sorta kinda looked like a mouse but sorta kinda different fly past him. He was confused. How was she flying? She didn't have wings! Unless...some animals don't need wings to fly?

He saw the sorta-kinda-not-mouse come down on the ground, look back at him, and provocatively shake her tail. He paused, wondering what she was trying to do, and then started running when a speedy lion bug got a lucky bite on his butt.

The sorta-kinda-not-mouse cackled and slapped her very-big-tail to the ground, launching her into the air. So that was how she flew! With her tail!

Bo idly wondered if his tail was able to do the same thing and he slapped it on the ground. Nothing happened. He thought hard as he ran after the sorta-kinda-not-mouse. How was she using her tail to fly?

What was it Michi always told him when he was trying to figure something out? Oh, yeah, 'Study it and eventually, you'll get it. If not, something'll hit you on the head and then you'll get it.'

The wisdom of the old fox was so profound!

So he ran as fast as he could after the sorta-kinda-not-mouse, desperate to see the secret behind its tail-flying. He strained to see every single detail when it landed and then-

Crash!

He'd tripped over a rock and slammed his head into the ground. Dazed, he sat up, wondering what just happened.

And then it hit him.

What if he tried jumping super high as he used [Tail Whip] to slap the ground as the sorta-kinda-mouse did? Shaking off his dizziness, he bounded off towards the sorta-kinda-not-mouse, who was still in the lead. He would find the secret to her tail-flying eventually!

(He, too, had forgotten about the swarm of lion bugs.)


Meanwhile, a big-brute was watching the whole affair from the sky, his eyes pinned on the little hare and the Lemur Mouse racing across the plains.

Unknown to Bo, he was called a Lesser Griffon and he was on the verge of evolving to a Greater one. The wingless pests would be putting him just over the amount needed to evolve.

His name was Maggard and he was looking for a feast tonight.

1