Chapter 32
73 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'S-so because I h-have a-an Affinity f-for Air M-Mana, I'll b-be able t-to use it?'

'Um, I think so. When I got two affinities for Earth Magic, I got the skill [Mana Manipulation: Earth]. So you just need two Air affinities!'

'I-I already h-have o-one...'

'You do? Well, that makes things easier. Now, how to get a second one...'

'I-I could m-make you [Falcon Kin] a-and then y-you could m-make m-me [Hare Kin] and i-it should g-give me the A-Air Affinity, r-right?'

'Maybe. Let's do it!'

{Twigs has deemed you [Falcon Kin].}

{You have gained the title [Falcon Kin]! +12 Dexterity, +12 Perception, +2 Endurance, +2 Strength. You have gained the Falcon proficiencies [Keen Eyes], [Dive], [Falcon Taunt], [Screech], [Language: Falconese] and [Talon Slash]. You have gained the Magic Affinity for 'Air'.}

{Falcon Features have been added to your Features list.}

Wow! Bo thought. I could finally get wings with this! It's so cool! I'll be able to fly super high and like Aunt Aris and...oh. Twig can't fly with me...

He chided himself for thinking of only himself before granting Twigs the [Hare Kin] title.

'W-wow! B-bo, i-it gave m-me a trait! I-I got [Adaptive]!'

'Huh?'

'W-well, m-my Unique trait is [Assimulation] a-and it s-says that w-when I b-become [Kin] w-with another s-species, I-I can g-get t-their traits!'

'Twigs, that's super-duper awesome! Guess what?'

'W-what?'

'When I became [Kin] with three species, it gave me the ability to gain their Features! It's why I have big paws like Michi!'

'R-really?' She beamed up at him before her face darkened. 'S-so since y-you became [Falcon Kin], y-you could g-get w-wings...'

An uncomfortable silence passed between the two. Bo didn't know what to say, which was odd because he was always talking. But...he didn't want to say something stupid and make Twigs mad at him. She already wouldn't talk to him for a few days after the Incident. Should he tell a joke to lighten the mood? He didn't know any jokes though...Maybe that one about a Leaper Mouse crossing the gopher mines?

Before he could say something, Twigs cleared her throat and announced: 'I-it's o-okay, Bo. I-I know h-how m-much you w-want to fly. D-don't g-give up j-just b-because of m-me.'

'Yeah, but what's the point of flying if my best friend can join me?'

She blushed. 'I-I'm t-telling you, B-Bo, it's fine...'

Bo slapped his tail on the ground and set his face straight, glaring at Twigs with determination burning in his eyes. 'No way! Unless you find a way to fly, too, I won't get wings! I swear it!'

Twigs eyes widened. 'B-Bo! D-don't s-say things l-like that! Y-you know w-what M-Michi said!'

'O-oh, yeah...'

They fearfully looked around, wondering if anyone had heard his declaration. Luckily, nothing supernatural happened and Bo didn't get a notification turning his oath into reality.

With a sigh of relief, Bo turned to Twigs and said: 'I think it's time for a change of plans.'

'H-huh?'

'Instead of using air magic to walk, you can just get paws!'

'Um...'

'It's a great idea! It won't take long for me to learn how to walk, and you're way smarter than me, so you should learn even faster!'

'D-do you th-think so?'

'I know so!'

As a lovely smile spread on her face, Twigs exclaimed: 'Alright! Let's go find more species to be [Kin] with! Maybe we can find Australia, too, and see some ostriches!'

'Yeah!'

With that, the two best friends were off, in search of more beasts and maybe, just maybe, an ostrich.

1