Chapter 33
75 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grog was an adult Dry Toad. He was known for his ability to combat Lion Bugs without losing a single health point. He was the very Dry Toad Bo had been admiring before his fight with Gil the Coyote.

He wasn't one to wonder, so he wasn't up to date with the news spreading in the Falcon Plains about a certain leveret and his wild adventures. So imagine his surprise when he poked his head out of his burrow and saw a tiny hare running about with a falcon chick in tow.

'None o' ma bus'ness,' he grumbled, pulling himself out of his hole.

He was content to just ignore the duo and head to the last known site of a particularly vicious swarm of Lion Bugs. After walking for some time, he heard...giggling.

Glancing back, he saw the falcon chick was beside herself as she watched the hare mimicking his walk while occasionally shooting out his tongue. Sighing, he continued on his way. Babies and all, they didn't know any better.

Then he heard: 'B-Bo! I-it's n-not g-gonna work like th-that!'

'Tha's how da tow id it!'

'Y-you l-look weird!'

Grog paused when he saw the hare trying to stretch his tongue as far out as he could. His frown deepened. Was he trying to copy a toad skill? That's impossible! His tongue wasn't nearly enough long for it.

'Kid,' he croaked, 'whaddya think yer doin', huh?'

Both hare and chick paused and stared at him. After an uncomfortably long time, Grog decided to just turn around and go hind the Lion Bug swarm. And then the hare shouted: 'Wait! Mr. Toad!'

Grog looked back to see the hare leaping over him and landing face-first in the dirt. Dumbfounded, he looked at the chick and asked: 'Tha's a Leaper Mouse skill! How'd he do it?'

The chick shrugged.

'Is...he gonna be alright?'

The chick glanced at the hare before nodding. 'Yup! B-bo hits h-his head a-all the t-time!'

'Wonder why he's not dead yet,' Grog muttered.

'H-huh?'

'Nuthin'. What're you two doin' 'round these parts, anyway?'

'O-oh. W-we're l-looking for beasts t-to b-become [Kin] with!'

'That safe?'

'I-I think s-so.'

Grog grunted.

The chick scratched her heard with her wing. 'Um...w-would you w-wanna become [Kin] with us?'

'Ah, sure. Why not?'

'Yay!' She hopped over to the hare and started poking him. 'B-bo! W-wake up! M-Mr. Toad's g-gonna b-become kin with u-us!'

The hare snored on. The chick turned and gave Grog an apologetic look. Grog grunted again before gesturing back toward his burrow.

'Y'all can go on an' wait for me there, alright?'

'O-okay!'

With that, she started dragging the hare toward where he had pointed. When he hardly moved, she paused, circled him for a second before pushing his body. Again, the hare barely shifted.

She huffed and spread her wings wide; snapping them down with a whoosh did nothing. She scowled and kicked with all her might. The hare went flying!

She crowed in delight before hopping after him excitedly. Grog chuckled before moving on his way.

0