Prologue
3.7k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Waking up, I opened my eyes and was immediately bewildered, there was nothing around me, everywhere I looked was pure white, but it strangely wasn't too bright where I would have to squint my eyes. The only thing I can see is myself; my hands, my legs, and my slightly protruding belly.

I had stopped exercising many years back when I realized I would probably never get a girlfriend that fit my unrealistic standards. I mean why else would I workout, I can live healthily just by eating properly and can save myself the hassle of having to dedicated a few hours a week to travel to the gym, workout, travel back home, clean myself, and repeat this every other day just to have a fit body which would have no practical use in modern society and no girlfriend to care.

As I try to clear my mind, I start assessing the situation I am in now.

"...Am I in a coma..... or worse, dead?"

I try to think back to the last thing I did, which I'm pretty sure it was just another night where I finished gaming and watching anime on the PC and went to bed after reading some web novels on my iPad.

"...FUCK, does this mean I will never get to see the end of One Piece?!"

I pray that I was just having a dream, hoping that I'm still alive as there are so many games, anime, and novels that I still have to finish! As I'm praying a voice suddenly resounds within my mind.

"Well, I am sorry to tell that this is not a dream, and you sir have unfortunately passed away."

It was a voice that sounded like a kind gentle old man despite the grave news he delivered to me.

"What... How did I die? Is this the afterlife? Then are you God?!"

I couldn't help but panic a bit as I was told that I was indeed dead, and the fact a God existed as I thought myself as sort of an atheist, believing religion was just comfort for the mentally weak, like fire warming up the physically cold, with religion being the mental support for the mentally weak in order for them to live without worries.

"You died at peace in your sleep, a simple heart failure. This place is like a transition to the afterlife. And I guess I am a God in your eyes, but I am just me to myself. I am not omnipotent and I too do not know if a higher being to myself exists. Anyways, time is precious so I would be jumping into the topic straight away. You are supposed to have died, but I plan on sending you to another world, a world of sword and magic, would saying you will be getting isekai'd like the stories you have read so much about be easier for you to understand?"

I dumbly nodded as this so-called "God" quickly answered my questions as fast as I had asked. I quickly recollect myself in an attempt to accept the truth presented to me and prepare for what is to come.

"Well worry not, I will not send you there completely unprepared, I will give you an isekai starter kit, the bare minimum you will need to quickly adjust yourself to this new world."

What the fuck, this God got an isekai starter kit? Is this supposed to happen often for him?

"The starter kit will give you the ability to speak the common tongue there, clothes that will fit in, a weapon, and living expenses for 10 days if you spend wisely."

"Wait, I've got so many questions, why did you chose to isekai me? I didn't even get hit by a truck or anything. And please tell me more about this world I will be going to, at least the common sense knowledge I will need to know. I..."

I was cut off as I tried to fire off as many questions I could as I seem to feel that this "God" is preparing to send off and waste no more time with me.

"Sigh..., you just need to know that this world will have many dungeons where risk comes with reward. Live how you want, learn what you need to survive, this world will not have the same morals or ethics you were once bound by. In a way, you can live more freely. Off you go now, this time try to live life to the fullest."

I can almost hear him wink at me in that last line as I feel my consciousness slowly slip away from me.

30