Chapter 32 – Escorts
1.2k 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  "...YOU!"

Right now a green-haired girl is angrily charging at me for who knows what...

What did I do to deserve this?

"Uhhh... Can I help you?" I speak with obvious confusion.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STOLE HER FROM ME AT THE AUCTION!" The girl points over at Neri.

At the auction... right. Now that I think about it, I think there're was someone back at the auction who bid for Neri at the room near mine with green hair.

And I'm a thief now apparently? But I won her fair and square...

What do I even say to this stupidity to defuse the situation? In the first place why in the hell did her group have to employ me of all people...

"I believe we have a misunderstanding, I won Neri in the auction fair and square," I say while meeting the girl's eyes.

"I DON'T CARE HOW YOU WORD IT, SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MINE! YOU---"

"SERA! DO YOU HAVE TO HARASS EVERY ADVENTURER IN-SIGHT TO BE SATISFIED?" Mr.Lensly's voice boom out from behind the girl, having noticed her starting another commotion.

"..."

With a frustrated and wronged expression, the green-haired girl, Sera, storms off into one of the carriages, slamming the door behind her.

What am I supposed to do now? We exchange awkward glances between ourselves.

"I'm sorry about that, I hope to don't let it get to you. What she said doesn't represent the views of the fourth nature mage division, we welcome you with open arms." Mr.Lensly tries to reassure as he draws near.

"Ah, we don't mind at all, it is our pleasure to be of service to your group... but will she be okay?" I question while looking back over at the carriage where the green-haired girl, Sera, stormed into.

I hope she won't remain a pain in the ass while we're on our journey, we are going to be traveling together for quite some time after all.

"Don't worry about her, she'll be fine after some time. She's just a little stubborn and her vision may sometimes be too tunneled on some matters, she'll come to it sooner or later."

You call that just a little stubborn? She seems way more like a self-entitled bitch, an arrogant brat to me. Though I better keep that to myself.

"Anyways, we should prepare to depart so why don't you make arrangements with the Relentless Waves on how you will position yourselves. In the meantime, I'll finish up the final preparation for my caravan so you guys should have half an hour or so before we set off." The old man points over to the group of adventurers behind him.

The young man in leather armor who previously had been knocked down is now standing with the help of his party. Judging from their attire from here, they consist of four mages and two strength enhancers.

I wonder how much they're being paid with a full party of six compared to us, it's probably more than us seeing how they seem to be a stronger force just from the number of bodies their party fields. I doubt I'll ever find out though, it's in our contract to keep those details to ourselves.

Having directed us to what we should be doing, Mr.Lensly quietly moves away from us and towards the other group of people gathered nearby.

Seeing how it's time for us to get to work, we move over towards the adventurer party, Relentless Waves. From first impressions, they don't look too impressive or too hard to approach seeing how one of them had been knocked down by that green-haired bit--- girl.

Having noticed us heading towards them, the Relentless Waves puts their attention to us as the young man with light brown hair who had been knocked over earlier steps forward.

I guess that means he's the leader of their party? They're all humans so I don't have to be mindful of committing something taboo from their culture.

Once I reached them, the young man extends his hand out for a handshake to which I swiftly respond.

"Greetings, I'm Vorn, leader of the rank 3 party, Relentless Waves."

"Nice to meet you, I'm the leader of our party, Aster, these are my companions, Faris and Neri."

Feeling that it's too weird to declare myself the leader of Aster's party or Estrea's party, I default to introducing ourselves individually. I should come up with a party name too but that will be for later.

I make use of the time during our introductions to get a better feel of who we'll be working with.

 

Human Male
Age: 23

Magic Level:

  Water Lv. 30
  Fire Lv. 26
  Electric Lv. 1
  Light Lv. 1
  Earth Lv. 1
  Wind Lv. 1
  Healing Lv. 1
  Dark Lv. 1
  Nature Lv. 1

Unique Magic:

 

He doesn't seem weak at all, did he let the green-haired girl knock him down on purpose?

I also use identify on his party members too, which all came up as either water mages or strength enhancers of similar levels. Another piece of information I noticed not from my identify spell is that the two enhancers are slaves.

Is that a party of water mages who bought slaves to be their frontline? I guess we have more in common than I had thought.

"So Aster, seeing your party only consists of three people, is there any particular position your party would like to take up? Our party is versatile enough to take on any role so feel free to play to your strengths." Vorn's voice speaks out, drawing my attention back to him.

Positions... I pretty much have no idea what's the norm and what's good from the bad. Vorn sounds like he's experienced at taking on requests and knows what he's doing so I should just let him take charge, it's better than me trying to wing it.

"To be honest, we're inexperienced in missions like this so I'm fine with you taking charge."

"I see... why don't you guys take the vanguard role at the front then, it's the most suitable position if you're unfamiliar with guarding the flanks."

Suitable huh? I guess he's trying to word it nicely that it's the easiest position and he wants us there as he doesn't trust us with covering the flanks. It might also be the more tiresome role too, being the first to make contact with enemies who come at us head-on but I'm fine with that.

"We will take on the vanguard role then, is your party fine covering the flanks by yourselves?"

"I'm sure we'll be fine, I don't mean to brag but we are pretty experienced with escort requests."

We stay to discuss the minor details entailing our roles and responsibilities, how we should react in different circumstances until someone sent by Mr.Lensly came to inquire if we are ready.

It should be fine, having a preliminary modus operandi in place. We'll work out the chinks as we go.

---

We are now preparing to set up camp as the sun is about to fully set.

What a boring day it has been!

There was nothing to see but endless roads surrounded by trees and grass. Maybe my expectations are corrupted by TV and movies where they get straight to the action but it's boring as hell traveling at snail's pace with nothing to do.

I really miss all the convenient forms of transportation I took for granted before.

I used the excuse of scouting ahead with Blacky as we raced forward as they were nothing better to do. And now, I even let my Faris and Neri do most of the work with setting up the camp as they insisted.

Was I always this useless?

I'm just standing there thinking about useless things while I watch my two girls work.

Before long, our tent is set up and we start a fire nearby. We didn't encounter any animals on our way to hunt as we stuck to the road, with all the noise our caravan makes, I doubt any would wounder near us.

I really would like to have some fresh game being roasted right about now but instead, we have to eat the dried rations we prepared.

"Is our entire journey going to be so boring?" I can't help but complain, seeing there isn't anyone nearby but my slaves.

"Don't fret master, we're still near the influence of the city and nearby villages so it's a given that there aren't many monsters or animals nearby. I'm sure we'll have plenty to do soon or else escort requests wouldn't be so common."

Maybe I'm really just being impatient like a brat... Speaking of which, I haven't seen that green-haired brat since she retreated into her tent after continuing to grumble about how we're a waste of money.

Well, it's not like we've been talking to a lot of other people anyway. There have been some distances between the different parties and we only communicate with the liaison that is occasionally sent over to keep us updated.

The Relentless waves are circled around their own campfire near their tents while the nature mages are doing the same except positioned in the middle of our two parties. It's been decided that each party will send out one person to stand guard for about three hours to act as sentries throughout the night.

Man, I really need to enlarge my party, having to tent out is bad enough for a modern person like me but having to do that continuously without sufficient sleep is pure torture.

The girls seeming to have read my expression insisted I take the first guard, that way I can sleep in without having my sleep interrupted. Faris volunteers to take the second shift leaving Neri with the third shift.

I spend the rest of the night sitting back to back with one of the strength enhancers from the Relentless Waves. I'm not sure if it's because he's a slave so he doesn't dare to strike up a casual conversation with me or he's been ordered to keep quiet but didn't speak the entire time.

Thankfully, Faris relived my shift a bit early, allowing me to head to bed slightly early, prompting me to give her a loving kiss.

It sucks we'll have to sleep in our armor in case of attacks but I'm still going to sleep while holding onto you Neri!

---

19th day of the third month.

I wake up to the familiar warm sensation enveloping my lips.

Having become a habit, I open my mouth to the invasion and seek to wrestle with the intruder. Once my body is heated, my arms reach forward to wrap around the familiar warm body, seeking the warmth and softness that I have left ingrained into my brain.

Finally hugging my prey, the stark contrast between what I feel to what I expect instantly awaken my mind. My hands barely feel any warmth or softness and are only met with a dull sense that tells me I am indeed holding something.

I snap back and open my eyes wide and see the familiar sight of blue eyes and silver-grey hair, the face of my beloved Faris. She is showing a slightly surprised expression at my sudden retreat but what struck me is how she is fully geared up.

That's right, we aren't at our place anymore, we're doing an escort request from the guild while we travel south toward the Dwarven kingdom.

My memory is finally working as a soft voice wakes me from my daze.

"Good morning master, is it slightly before dawn so there is still some time left until we have to prepare to set off." Faris gently greets me having realized the reason for my confusion.

"Good morning Faris... Are you sure you've rested enough? You took the mid-shift so it must be exhausting having to split your sleep up so why don't you rest a bit more until it's time, I can take care of the packing." I ask worriedly, having drawn closer to Faris to inspect her condition.

"I'm fine master, I've rested enough. In fact, I'm so well rested that I decided to wake up a little early to have time to serve you."

Immediately after her line, Faris connects her lips with mine as our tongues start to tangle, both desperately trying to be the one in control.

To assert my usual dominance, I toss her below me and start to run my hand over her.

Damn it, this damn armor is in the way, there are no gaps for me to enter...

Frustrated, I double down my attacks and decide to redirect my efforts to ravage the inside of her mouth instead.

As if sensing my frustrations, Faris obediently allows me to have my way while her hands slide down toward my thighs and the sound of something being unbuckled is heard.

I completely ignore everything and solely focus on taking in Faris's scent while my tongue runs through everything part of her that is exposed, which pretty much only consists of her face.

After who knows how long, I suddenly feel my little brother that is constantly trying to break free of the armor somehow succeeds. The split second of thinking I somehow broke my armor is washed away the moment I feel those familiar pair of soft hands tending to my member.

This little vixen managed to unequip my armor to the point where my little brother is free, though it isn't that hard considering it is designed with ease of washroom business in mind.

Taking the moment where I back off to confirm the situation of my penis with my own eyes, Faris manages to break free from my mount and position herself on all fours in front of me who is on my knees with my exposed member.

Without the need to speak further, Faris inches closer while staring into my eyes the whole way before plunging my member into her mouth.

In a practiced manner, she starts pleasuring me as I sit back to enjoy the views.

After a while, Faris stops her movements while I am still entirely in her. Having known each other for long enough, I understand what she is conveying, for me to start moving instead.

Just as I'm about to start thrusting, the sound of the flaps of the tent being opened sounds out and a ray of sunlight pierces into our dwelling.

"It's about ti---" The dwarf with long blue straight hair shining in the sunlight pauses midway through her sentence as she takes in what's in her view, instantly reddening up.

I look over to see Neri there in her signature heavy-looking metal armor that fits her small figure to a T, except she is holding her helmet to her side instead of wearing it.

"...Ouch... Come here, Neri."

Being a little frozen up, Faris's pinch wakes me up and urges me to continue.

That's right, it's just Neri, my slave. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

I start thrusting into Faris while holding the back of her skull while I look over at Neri, urging her to come.

"I...I'll...wait... out---" An embarrassed Neri tries to sneak back.

"Come here, Neri," I ask again, this time with more confidence and authority in my voice.

Having met my gaze, Neri swallows hard before slowly moving near us, trying to steer her gaze away from what is happening.

A shy Neri is a cute Neri.

Once she is within reach, I instantly pull her into my embrace with my free hand and seal her lips with mine.

She lightly reciprocates at first but slowly eases into it as she gets into the mood, reciprocating my kiss with ferocity near my own.

Not having relented with my thrusts the entire time, I feel myself drawing near, prompting me to break out into the final sprint to reach the peak.

Reaching the peak, I let out everything without holding back as I greedily devour Neri's saliva while my waist is drawn forward by Faris's hands that are wrapped around my waist.

A minute or so while I am enjoying the afterglow, I finally release Neri from my tight grasp as I look over her pretty face with a blush.

"Good morning Neri."

"...Good morning master."

Faris has a special place in my heart as my first in this world but damn, Neri is too cute for me, if there was more time she'd definitely be next.

6