Chapter 2: Ferun’s a weird dad
1.8k 7 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several Months later.

Location: Thorn Manor, Ferun's Quarters.

 

Ferun Thorn.

 

One of the many Arch Dukes of the whole Demon Race.

 

In the game, he was the most cruel and dangerous villain you'd have to vanquish in order to leave the Demon Realm in pieces.

 

As the father of the first antagonist in the early chapters, people can already guess his motivation against the heroine and hero. It was actually so simple that it would be too stupid if some people didn't get the memo already.

 

And, as everyone suspected, his motivation was vengeance for the death of his lovely daughter, Rosalina Thorn.

 

He was, by all accounts, Rosalina's devoted father. He'd spoiled her rotten and taught her the lessons of being a sociopath like him in public.

 

As a demon, this was suitable training; in the Demon Realm, demons must be vicious or perish. But, from the perspective of humans, or even different races, it was simply lousy parenting.

 

Ferun would not only teach her how to torture anyone in the most painful ways imaginable, but he would also train his child to be arrogant, self-centered, ruthless, egotistical, and crafty... And all that horrible stuff, and so on.

 

And what happened when Rosalina followed her father's instructions word for word? The dude would party like there was no tomorrow. With a proud smile, he gave her whatever she desired.

 

Further pushing Rosalina to follow in the footsteps of the future tyrant.

 

To be honest, it was this vampire that made the humans at the academy miserable. For some inexplicable reason, he has a dislike for humans.

 

And allowing his daughter to rule the academy was just the frosting on the cake.

 

All in all, Ferun Thorn was a nasty piece of work.

 

Though no one can deny that his love for his daughter was true, Ferun wholeheartedly loved his daughter to bits. And, like in the plot, demons instructing their children to be vicious was not unusual for them.

 

It's too bad humans here were favored by the Gods.

 

If humans point out that the methods the demons have used are bad, then everyone will follow suit towards such conviction in pride. 

 

While being a human herself in the past, Rosalina agreed wholeheartedly with the sentiment of it being fucked up, not the entire process, but only some of it.

 

Rosalina was thinking about her dad like that right now in their massive Manor because the man just did something horrible with no hesitation and without even displaying any form of guilt or remorse in return for what he did.

Like an example to this horrible action:

 

He. 

 

Just.

 

Ripped

 

Out.

 

One. 

 

Of. 

 

The. 

 

Servant's. 

 

Eye. 

 

Off.

 

Just because the said servant was looking at her funny when she laughed at nothing.

 

She kid you not, this dude just ripped the eye of a cyclops demon.... And for the record, the servant only has one eye!? So he was now labelled as blind! 

 And that was a bad thing.

Weakness was a sign of death for demons. Basically, a bad omen already, if you're practically blind in the Demon Realm, then it's simply a death sentence for the poor male cyclops.

 

 'Holy cow!' Rosalina thought as she really wished that Melissa was present at this time. At the very least, she would scold this moron for causing her trauma as a damn infant!

 

But that's not going to happen. Rosalina had already concluded, from her observations each month, that Ferun and Melissa do not have a stable relationship - if you can even describe it at that level. They are more akin to a divorced couple, fighting for the right to raise their single child without the other's presence.

 

Sure, they appeared cordial around her, but Rosalina knew they'd fight to the death if she wasn't in their company.

 

How did she know? Thanks to the hundred servants who look after her, if for a miracle that neither of her parents were present. They enjoy gossiping a lot. They literally can't live without it since they'll die of sheer boredom if they don't.

 

Haaa... But if the servants were overheard discussing her parents' current relationship with her... That servant might just disappear.

 

And she'd rather not spend her time with a new can of worms there.

 

Now in her Father's quarters. Rosalina, who looks like a three-year-old (despite being only seven months old), was bawling her eyes out in her baby-made bed, while Ferun panicked, holding the eye out as if he'd forgotten his terrible crimes and sought to comfort his daughter with all his effort.

 

And when the cyclops was whimpering in the corner, Rosalina could see in her blurry vision filled with wet tears that Ferun was growing upset and then he snap, since he moved his way towards the pitiful demon and just kicked him when the demon was crying too much for his liking.

 

"You...! Will you kindly shut up? Are you not a demon? Have some pride, you low-ranking filth!" Ferun uttered with disgust as his red eyes glared down at the poor servant.

 

Rosalina cried loudly as her father cringed at the increasing level of her wails as he kicked the cyclops in the stomach again, full of agitation, while the other servants who was in the background simply looked on in pity.

 

"Rosalina, my little Thorn, are you hurt? Why have you begun to cry so loudly?" The dense man ran worriedly towards his bundle of joy. But when Ferun suddenly grinned, Rosalina could smell trouble a mile away, and her intuition was spot on, as the man had the bright notion to place the severed eye in her arms.

 

"Oh.. do you want to play with his eye? Is that why you're crying? Do not worry, my little Thorn, I'll give it to you. Daddy didn't hog it, promise. "

 

Rosalina: .... (・-・)

 

The other servants in the room: .... (•́ _ •̀ ;)

 

The cyclops who just got his eye taken but can hear everything: ... (ಥ‿ಥ)

 

Is this vampire retarded? Came Rosalina's genuine thought to the universe.

 

And with that, Rosalina simply cried louder, but with a more hysterical tinge in her tone. As she chucked the eye out with all of her baby might.

 

This made Ferun look stunned as they heard banging at the door.

 

"Ferun..! Ferun, you bastard! What did... You... do to my, Rosalina!!" yelled a female voice from the other side, most likely Melissa, who had heard her daughter sobbing.

 

Ferun only hissed in response, turning his attention to another servant, an imp. He simply ordered. "I do not want it in my presence, and you will take it out of my hearing range or else," Ferun said, as the imp servant hurried out of his sight like the servant was being chased by a beast to drive his 'wife' away.

 

"Seriously, does that woman have no sense of contracts? Didn't we agree to have a day simply to spend time with my child without the other messing in our affairs?" He mumbled, then looked towards his wailing daughter, concern written on his face as he thought of Rosalina becoming sick from crying so much.

 

"You! Do you even know why my daughter is crying like that?" He gestured at a female servant with horns, unsure of what to do.

 

The horned servant flinched at the sudden attention and gazed fearfully at their Lord.

 

"I.... I uh..." she stuttered, trembling.

 

"Speak properly, you lowly fool!" Ferun yelled at the pale horned servant.

 

"Yes..! I..uh suppose it's because of Ronaldo's eye that made the mistress sad..? Ah— but that's just my assumption, my Lord." The servant hastily bowed as the man sneered, but decided to do nothing, yet.

 

"And what about you, filthy half-breed? What's your assumption?" Ferun asked condescendingly of a demon with horns and cat characteristics.

 

When the half-demon was mentioned, her tail promptly puffed out in a panic, and her cat ears dug so deep that you couldn't see them from behind her head.

 

"Unnn.!! This inferior self...agrees with Anna's suggestion. "

 

"Tch-! Useless! The lot of you!" their Lord sneered. "Preposterous! How could my darling Rosalina be sad because of the likes of this one-eyed lesser-rated demon!" Ferun yelled, stalking towards the now quiet cyclops, and viciously kicked the demon to the ground to make his point.

 

The servants cowered in dread as Rosalina, who was crying uncontrollably, began sniffling at the unfortunate demon.

 

Clearly, her crying wasn't helping, and just because she was too lazy to deal with something bothersome doesn't mean she has no heart.

 

She deeply pity this demon, and as a former human, she knew...no.... She saw how bullying drastically affects people.

 

In her previous life, she might not have done anything other than call the cops to at least alleviate the burden on future victims, but she would not outright intervene in the conflict.

 

How could she, if she was too weak or better yet, too cowardly? It will just aggravate the situation and prolong it out with no solution in sight.

 

"Just lie low and live your life as comfortably as you can." she would say to herself in the past. Even in this existence, she was still carrying that sentence. But the rules change.

 

If you become Rosalina yourself, then the rules are bound to be changed. Unlike in the past, where she was helpless to the point of becoming a lazy scumbag, this time she could be lazy while simultaneously contributing to the problem.

 

So long as it does not risk living comfortably.

 

Then it's a Go.

 

"Buu... Da... Da.."

 

Ferun then rushes towards Rosalina again in eagerness after hearing her call. The man was so thrilled to be called Dada by her that he honestly forgot about the crying demon on the floor or even his daughter crying just a moment ago.

 

Ferun felt it was unfair when Rosalina swiftly called that bitch 'Mama' while he waited for the day, but when it was finally his turn, hearing the title Dada made him feel so happy that he lost his prior grievance.

 

"Da...da baad man..." But his joy was short-lived as an arrow pierced his heart at such words. "I don't want to... talk... to you."

 

And with the fatal blow, Ferun's heart shattered, along with his fatherly dignity.

 

As one of the Arch Dukes of the Demon Race collapsed like a wet blanket on the floor, in the eyes of his servants, no less, the servants in the room began to fear for their lives due to their Lord's weakened plight.

 

They had no idea what would happen after Ferun Thorn recovered from such a state, but they were aware that his condition might become unpredictable.

 

And they wanted out.

 

They wanted out so desperately that they wanted to flee.

 

But they can't, which is why everyone was terrified to the brink of insanity.

 

On a side note, once everyone had calmed down, Melissa, who had heard about Ferun collapsing, laughed like a hyena, while Rosalina, who was now in the hands of her mother, simply blinked at the unexpected turn of events.

 

She had no idea that her remarks would have such an impact.

 

So on this day, Rosalina had engraved the image of an incompetent father on Ferun's name in her mind.

 

Really... What's up with this ludicrous of a family she was born into?

 

 

53