Chapter 3: Father-Mother-Child Bonding?
1.8k 7 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Location: Thorn Manor

 

 

After the whole fainting fiasco.... It was sad to say that everything became worse.

 

 

Well, worse for both Melissa and Rosalina.

 

 

For the servants? It was basically paradise. Ferun mellowing out was a sentence they thought was impossible to utter or even imagine.

 

But he actually did, and they're overjoyed. The cyclops that got his eye gouged out was now in the care of a famous Demon Sage, a powerful high-class mage that could help retain his sight back, and it was all thanks to the man who did the act.

 

It didn't seem to matter to Ronaldo who was to blame. So long as he regains his sight, everything will be fine. Sure, his pride was shattered, but who cares? (Of course, there's pain; can't forget about that.)

 

But having an actual Demon Sage assisting him, then Ferun bribing him with all the gold he could ask for and for the small price of having his eye ripped out and then repaired, was nothing short of a miracle to him.

 

 

He was now filthy rich! while keeping his life. How lucky!

 

And the servants may guess that it got something to do with their little Mistress, Rosalina, outing her father for being a 'bad' man, which really struck a nerve.

 

The servants all secretly wished that it was them that got lucky in the end, but everything had already happened.

 

And they're content now, somewhat, but they doubtfully guess that Ferun was now trying to create a positive image for his daughter.

 

So long as Ferun was doing that, then they were okay with it.

 

And that was actually the point where it became worse for both Melissa and Rosalina.

 

To Melissa, Ferun was mucking up her time with her precious daughter.

 

Whenever she played with Rosalina, somehow Ferun would always be there with them.... Being incredibly annoying

 

It was so annoying to see man during her fun time with her daughter.

 

And to Rosalina's perspective, however... He was clingy, excessively so.

 

She couldn't even find the time to enjoy her somewhat fast childhood when the man kept bothering her with useless things that weren't even important, much less needed her attention.

 

 

He was just there and it was annoying as fuck in her opinion.

 

She had previously been a NEET, and tragically, she was still living at her parent's house at the time.

 

But, at the very least, her parents weren't overly invested in her life...! It was sad to see her as an adult living with her parents. Sad, but at least she was able to make a life while being a hermit.

 

 

Just thank technology for that.

 

But let's get back to the point. Ferun was simply too vexing for both of the female vampires to handle.

 

'Haaaa... Oh, how I missed searching for entertainment when I was alone.' Rosalina moaned, currently being carried by her stone-faced Mother, who was standing a decent distance away from her scarily joyful Father.

 

"Oh Rosalina, are you eager for tonight? Daddy built a lovely lake just for you!" he shouted proudly as Melissa hid a snort at his dopey grin.

 

He did notice Melissa's caustic expression but pretended not to notice so he wouldn't blow a fuse and squander his efforts.

 

"Baa... Ba... don't...want to..." Rosalina's face was full of reluctance as she babbled. But it did nothing but just soften her Father's look as he cooed at her expression, making her scrunched up her chubby face more.

 

"Give it up, Ferun; if you continue to act needy, Rosalina may develop unfavorable feelings instead."

 

"I don't need your opinion." he replied swiftly, but did not shift his attention away from Rosalina.

 

And, without further ado, the man led them (with Melissa grudgingly following) to a massive corridor within the Manor.

 

Of course, as Vampires, the two adults weren't all that fatigued, and given the size of the Manor, Melissa's ability to walk without tiring was a wonder back then when she was human. However, because some of the servants were different species and weren't nocturnal, several maids and bodyguards that were appointed was swiftly abandoned by them.

 

Despite finally arriving, Melissa gave Ferun an uneasy expression after only 30 minutes of walking and seeing an unfamiliar giant door (that's how big Thorn Manor is). She just felt wrong all of a sudden.

 

"What the..? I don't remember seeing a door like this?"

 

"Of course you wouldn't. Given that you've been cooped up inside your quarters with no servants to speak of, it's not strange that you're unaware of what's going on in my Manor."

 

 

Her eyes twitched as she heard his response.

 

 

"Was that a jab?" she questioned, her face indifferent.

 

 

Ferun simply casts an owlish glance towards the woman. Making Melissa to believe that the jerk in front of her was mocking her.

 

"Hmm... I don't think I understand what you mean?" Ferun continued his act, pretending to be perplexed. "I'm just presenting facts; I don't understand the pleasure in constantly misinterpreting my remarks; what would Rosalina say if her Mother was such a petty woman?"

 

'Damn...' Rosalina exclaimed in astonishment. While Ferun was a giant hypocrite, it was amusing to see her Mother and Father get into each other's skins like this.

 

"Ferun.... You... Bastard..!!" Melissa snarled as Ferun just gave her a look.

 

"Hmmph- What a vulgar thing you are. For the life of me, I don't understand why Rosalina loves you so much when your personality is so err.." Ferun intentionally didn't finish his sentence as he gave her a disgusting look, causing Melissa to glare hatefully at him in turn.

 

 

"Now.. Rosalina, I know you're too young to grasp what I'm going to say, but... If I kept repeating big strings of words, maybe you'd learn to speak more clearly and concisely." Smoothly changing the subject, he then spoke slowly but clearly towards his child with a smile.

 

"I don't think that's how it works." Melissa, hearing such words, said doubtfully to herself. While she was still angry at Ferun, she would not resist his approach if he was acting as a father figure to her cherished little Rose. But she was wary of his teaching methods.

 

 

Rosalina needed both of her parents to grow up happy, however.... Is Ferun really a good Father?

 

Or even her for that matter?

 

 

'He, like me, is new to the entire parenting thing. But can I claim with certainty that Ferun is good at looking after his kin? What if his parenting is incorrect...? I should really go to the library for Demons. *Sigh... And that man is far too obstinate. He wouldn't allow servants to look after their daughter, even if the man and she appeared to be ignorant.'

 

Rosalina, oblivious to Melissa's concerns, was doing everything she could to avoid doing anything dumb.

 

It was hard. It was quite hard. She truly wants to make a snarky remark to her Father, she does indeed. But if she did, her Father might start becoming irritating again.

 

And that was not a scene she wanted to see.

 

"Hmm, how about we talk about our weaknesses?" Ferun pondered aloud. "It is a good strategy for a young vampire to learn such facts, and as... the mother of my daughter, you should learn as well, lest Rosalina become a motherless demon."

 

The NEET pondered at that. 'Huh... That does sound like useful information.'

 

"Then, Melissa, I take your look as a silent acceptance of my imperative lesson," Melissa hissed at his smug tone. "Then let's start with the sunlight. As we are pure-blooded vampires, the sunlight does not kill us outright, but only weakens us to some extent."

 

Then Ferun took a dagger from his pockets and casually slashed his hand off, not even batting an eye at his injury.

 

"See here, Rosalina?" he said, motioning his severed arm. "While my arm is chopped clean, I could just wait for it to regenerate as such." His severed hand slowly began to regenerate as blood suddenly coated the stump. Inch by inch, the blood around his stump reconstituted until his arm became whole again.

 

"Good as new, right? But if we were basked in the sun, regeneration may take longer to finish-" But before he could continue, Melissa dashed towards him and smacked his head hard with her fist. Rosalina seeing this, cowered, hiding her face beneath her mother's clothes.

 

She will never get used to her father's casual approach to violence. She was already traumatized by seeing an eye ripped out, but could the dude just give her some warning signs before slashing his arm up as well!?

 

It's scary!

 

"You.. Dare..—!" But before he could threaten Melissa, he felt a hand land sharply on his head yet again, much to his growing annoyance, forcing him to stop talking when the enraged woman began shouting.

 

"Oh I dare alright, you retarded vampire! Can't you see how your stunt scared My Rosalina to death? Of course you won't. As an insensitive himbo like you, it would take about a million years for you to see!" She yelled, her face flushed with rage, as she softly hugged her trembling baby, Ferun's eyes widening at the sight of his daughter's trembling form."Now, since being with you might irritate Rosalina further, I'll go to this so-called lake with my baby alone, without you tagging along and ruining our precious happy time together!"

 

Having spoken her mind, Melissa walked forward with a huff, avoiding the vampire as she placed her hand on the door and pushed it open.

 

...

 

..

..

..

 

..

 

Only to stop as she saw the lake that he kept bragging along the way in disbelief.

 

Her mouth closed and opened like a gaping fish as Ferun, who had become depressed, only gave her a despondent yet perplexed look at her grim expression.

 

"What's the matter?" He inquired... He was losing his confidence fast as he kept looking at his daughter's trembling form.

 

She didn't respond as she walked backwards. Then she turned to Ferun with an unfriendly expression.

 

"No." she simply stated before beginning to walk back to the way they had come. Rosalina, who was still cowering and silently processing everything, was... understandably dumbfounded by her mother's abrupt change of tone, so she became curious and peered through the wide open doors behind her mother's back... only to be astounded like Melissa when she saw the lake.

 

..... It was, indeed, a lake. A massive lake, an artificial lake on a room no-less! Not to mention... the water was blood red...!! Was it actual blood?

 

A lake full of blood!

 

 

Like what the fuck!?

 

 

Why would this insane man construct something like this? He's a moron! A complete idiot!?

 

 

 

She slowly lowered her head back to her mother's soothing shoulder and covered her face again.

 

 

She saw nothing.

 

 

 

 

This girl saw nothing.

 

 

 

 

This man, who was reincarnated as an ojou-sama vampire, saw nothing. And she'll never speak of this freak of a scene to anyone.

 

 

 

Then they (Melissa) indifferently walk away, leaving the sad but puzzled man behind.

 

 

Wondering to his lonesome, what had he done this time.

_____________

Extra: What about Me?

During their walk...

Melissa shot a curious look towards Ferun. She just couldn't help herself and asked.

"Then... What about me? As you have said many times. I'm not a pure blooded vampire right?"

"Oh" he uttered disinterestedly, but quickly corrected himself when he noticed Melissa glowering at him like a rabid dog. "Yes. You are not a pure-blooded vampire, so if you were directly exposed to the sunlight, then you'll die a painful death."

He added unhelpfully with a vicious grin, "I heard it was like dying while being burned alive."

Melissa, on the other hand, ignored his stare and looked longingly out one of the windows.

"Pity," she muttered, frowning. Hugging Rosalina tightly as she laments the fact that she couldn't go outside during the day anymore.

"Yes.... A pity." He sorrowfully supplied but his look was anything but pity.

"...Da...Da.. you bully.."

That quickly silenced Ferun up.

 

45