Interlude: A Perspective of a Golem
1.3k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily's Pov.

Hi, I am Lily. A loyal golem that serves Rosalina Thorn, my young Mistress, I was only made a month ago, and if I may brag, I feel like I understand my mistress's personality quite well now.

After all, that is the sole purpose of my creation. What kind of servant or friend am I if I am unable to perform something as simple as realizing my Mistress's mood?

Though speaking of that....

I am currently standing in the office of the Duke, not in the chambers of my new Mistress, where the Duke and the lesser Duchess appeared to be having an important conversation.

An important problem, perhaps that concerns my Mistress I wonder.

"Look, Ferun, if I reduce my contact with Rosalina so she can grow normally, then you should do the same." The lesser Duchess says with an impatient look.

But the Duke only made a disgusted face.

".... And why would I fully cooperate with your wishes, filth? I have already offered my precious Thorn a friend, and the book made no mention of a parent lessening their bonding time with their daughter."

Or not..... I do believe that this issue is counterproductive for me, even as a Golem.

I was created to be my mistress's servant and friend. That is my purpose. If they asked me to participate in something I did not even have a part in, I would not be able to properly perform my duties.

If I may be direct in my thoughts. These two appears to believe that if they can not spend time with my mistress, then no one else will either.

Including me. So they left someone unimportant to attend with my Mistress. Which made me feel irritated.

Honestly, they are blatantly childish and petty. I am Rosalina's personal golem. And as a result, I have the right to follow only her instructions. Not even if they paid for or made me to exist. If helping them is what I want to do, then I will. However, I was only intended for Rosalina and her alone.

Nevertheless, if I speak my thoughts out loud, it will only become a convoluted mess.

As is customary. I will not say anything more.

But... The Duke may have a point there, I believe. But even so, having some understanding of my Mistress, she seems to find it annoying at times.

While not all the time, but still felt annoyed. So I am a bit torn, on who's right and who's wrong.

They were both overly attached. They were both so clingy that they prevented me from completing my task.

And suggesting to give Mistress a breather seems alright.

Both for me and Mistress.

"Then....you, Golem." Oh, I am being ordered. Though I would have preferred that the Duke address me by my given name rather than my race. "Who do you think is correct in their assumption? You were created and programmed to have vast knowledge, and I even took the liberty of purchasing a core that will make you more adaptable and bare emotions. Mayhaps you would have an answer?"

.... I have no idea. Is what I wanted to say but opted with the save route instead. "I think both are excellent ideas, your Duke," I bowed, unwilling to see his enraged expression. "You see, being too clingy with Mistress may do more harm than good, while being too indifferent may make her feel insecure." Instead, I just want the two of you to act normal.

"While I apologize in advance for overstepping my boundaries as a servant, I just find it hard to believe that you both can not find a simple solution, could you not just make a simple schedule? (Discreetly implying that they're both morons.) A schedule where you plan to have a day with Mistress and a day where she can be independent?"

Ah.. The Duke's brow furrowed into an angry expression clouding his face with an ugly glare. Was he aware of my jab? Was it too late to take back what I just said?

But thankfully, before he could even start to threaten me, the lesser Duchess appears to have missed it entirely, so she intervenes before things get too out of hand.

I now get why Mistress is so fond of lesser Duchess.

"That is a fantastic idea, Lily!" What radiance... It was almost painful to see her smile. She boldly holds both of my hands tight, her face flushed with excitement, as if I just solved a complicated problem.

Which, sadly, was not complicated at all.

"Then, since it is Monday, let us make three independence day for Rosalina: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for independence, and four... Divided into two will be our time to bond with her!"

"I did not agree to any of th—!!!" I am honestly taken aback. With a dark smile, the lesser Duchess stabbed her elbow into the Duke's stomach. Her radiant smile has vanished, replaced by what appears to be death.

"Before you continue with your death penalty speeches, your grace, I will stop you right there. If you lay a single hand on me, Rosalina will know, and if I do something to you... Well, just remember, Rosalina clearly loooooves me more than you." she boasted rather smugly, making the Duke to glower at her like a mad dog ready to pounce. "So, if you really do something awful to me, remember, that you will regret it for the rest of your life."

"So just give up, and Lily?" I admit, I was surprised to be addressed in that tone. It was scary.

"Yes?" I replied quickly, not wanting to become a target of her ire.

"Since neither I nor this retard are going, could you please make sure Rosalina has a good time with you?"

"As you wish," I said quickly as I approached the front door. When I heard the Duke erupted like a volcano, I did not even bother turning my head back.

She clearly didn't hear anything. As a result, she will do nothing (like mistress, like servant.)

______________

Location Change: Rosalina's Chambers.

Returning to my Mistress's room at last, I sighed as I steadied my frail Mistress (who now looks like a 4 year old). While the three of us were away, the servant who was taking care of her already returned to her post.

"Mistress, in the future... While I know you will be smart enough to understand, you should be thankful for what I have done for you. My answer might change your future for the better," I say monotonely, but my grip perfectly conveyed my feelings.

While not to the point that it hurt but strong enough to be felt.

"Wuatt..??" My Mistress seems to reply to my confusing babbling. Amusing.

"Hmmm... I have read about your biology, Mistress. Did you know? The growth of a Vampire depends on one's knowledge. If you are smart enough, you will age rapidly. Of course, it will stop when you are a teen, but it will resume for another 100 years into adulthood until it stops completely."

"That means you will grow up quickly, and when you do, we will finally be able to play and talk with each other without limits."

"Gooohh..." My Mistress babbles back. I find this tedious way of interacting quite amusing, even with her baby babbling.

I am not sure I understand why people are upset about it.

But for me, I love interacting with my Mistress in any shape or form.

I just wish everyone around us would be normal though.

"Li...li.." 

"..." Oh?

"Li..ly...?" My, Mistress seems to be calling my name.

"Lily... Luv Yu..."

Mistress... You're such a saint! It seems you'll be growing rapidly, not just being smart but also kindhearted, which is a rare trait for a Demonic Vampire.

But... Please don't grow up too fast and leave me behind.

I'm just a month old. Please let me have the pleasure of being your trusted friend and servant that may capture all your development in a slow pace.

38