Part 9 (Unedited) – Domains
174 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I barely noticed as the last two demon lords fought, too caught up in the adrenaline of my own fight. On the surface, it appeared to be a rather even match, speed versus defense, but in all honesty I had held a large advantage. 

For one thing, the large, open plain was perfect for creatures who specialized in mobility, like Avalon. Had there been some way for Viper to back himself up against a wall and keep his bear between us, it would have been a much harder battle. Not to mention, demon lord battles were between armies, not just the lords, and there was no way an army of unicorns would beat an army of venomous bears. Well, maybe the [Fog of War] abilities would even the battlefield more than a thought, but at the very least I would definitely have the disadvantage.

What I needed was a stronger offense. Specifically, some kind of humanoid that can ride my unicorns into battle. If I could just get my hands on a knight role and humanoid body charm, my war potential would sky rocket.

My thoughts were interrupted as the last mock battle ended. The two demon lords went back to their seats, and Ivercel turned to address all of us.

“Hopefully you have all learned a few things from these battles. However, battling is only one part of being a demon lord. In order to be a good demon lord, you will need knowledge, allies, a bit of luck, and of course, a proper castle.”

“I will help you learn the basics of all of those things, that is why I am here after all, however I should mention that this is not actually a school. There will occasionally be lessons, like the ones I have given you today, as well as mandatory activities, like mock battles and other contests, but for the most part, you will be left to your own devices.”

“Use your time wisely, for you are only being given one year to take advantage of the protections and amenities the Grand Demon Lord is providing. Many demon lords die not long after leaving the castle, and it would be quite the disappointment to find those I taught had died the moment they had to deal with the real world.”

“But that’s enough of that! There are two last tasks I have for us today. First, you will finally be working on your domains, and when you are done I shall be giving you a tour of the areas of the castle that you may use. If you would all follow me please.”

With all that said, Ivercel beckoned us to follow him and lead us back into the winding halls of the Grand Demon Lord’s castle. We soon entered a courtyard similar to the one we had been in when summoning our first monsters. Looking around, I noticed demon lords from other groups were here as well, with their own succubi guiding them. A quick estimate told me that not all of the one hundred summoned demon lords were here, so it was probable that not all the succubi were giving their lessons in the same order or pace.

“This is one of the grand courtyards. You can just call it the grand courtyard though, as you will not have access to the others. I have brought you here because it has a spirit gate, which you should recall me mentioning we would need.”

We would finally get to enter a spirit gate huh? Spirit gates were the primary form of travel into and around the spirit world. We had been using a magic circle for the mock battles, but the space the mock battles took place in was actually unique, and magic circles wouldn’t normally be used.

The reason we needed to go into the spirit world now was because that's where our domains are. Every demon lord had a domain, a section of the spirit world that they could control with their [Demon Lord’s Castle] skill. It was an important space where demon lords would live, keep their armies, as well as many other things.

“To reach your domain should be easy. It will be similar to how you were naturally able to create monsters and bond with them, domains are a core part of all demon lords and thus reaching it is instinctual.”

Ivercel lead us over to where most of the other demon lords were going. Attracting the eyes of all was an arch made of stone bricks with intricate runes carved into them. The arch stood on its own, not connected to any walls, and there was no visible indication that it was anything but an arch sitting in the middle of a field. Despite that, I could feel a massive magical force coming off of it. Just how much spirit power was stored in this thing?

“Just walk through now, don’t be shy.” Ivercel egged us on with a grin.

“I don’t need to be told twice!” Scale was the first to enter, striding forward energetically. As he stepped through the arch, there was a ripple like effect in the air around him and his just… disappeared. Not to be outdone, Cleopatra entered next, and soon all the demon lords in our group began to walk through, including me.

6