Part 13 (Unedited) – Tour and Preparation
133 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the meal, we went back to the lounge and it wasn’t long until everyone returned.

“Hopefully you all didn’t eat so much you can’t move around as I still have to take you all on your tour of the castle. Please follow me as this will be the last thing you are forced to do today.” With that, Ivercel set off.

The castle was huge, though I was hardly surprised. My inherited memories didn’t actually tell me much about the Grand Demon Lord as a person, but it seemed that every intelligent creature in the universe knew that he had a ton of power. It was strange though, cause also from what I could tell from my memories, the Grand Demon Lord didn’t actually do much. After his new summoned demon lords finished their one year of training, he sort of just… went silent. As much as my curiosity demanded that I figure out what the old fart did with all his time, there wasn’t much I could do to figure him out at the moment so I pushed those thoughts to the side.

At least I thought so until we came to the library. It was huge. Huger than huge even. Was huger even a word? Whatever, that didn’t matter. What did matter was the rows upon rows of bookcases that stretched all the way up to the ceiling of the cathedral sized room. Since some of the books were obviously way out of reach, there were floating platforms that you could use to travel around the bookcases. Not only that, but there were gargoyles stationed around the room that would tell you where you could find certain subjects or authors. It really was the paradise of scholars and readers…

There were a few other rooms, like a room that could host multiple mock battles at once, but none that I thought would be too immediately useful. Also, I finally realized that I should be able to [Analyze] Ivercel, he was a monster after all.

 

4 Stars - Bonded

Succubus Body - Lesser

Executioner Role - True

Fire Affinity - Lesser

 

...That executioner role was kind of scary, but what surprised me more was that Ivercel was bonded. I would expect that the Grand Demon Lord would have a lot of bonded creatures, but any that he would bond with must be insanely powerful right? I could already guess that Ivercel would easily be able to beat all, but that was considering that we were newborn demon lords. After all, he didn’t exactly give off a scary impression… or is that what he wanted?

I decided to never get on Ivercel’s bad side, at least, for as long as I wanted to live.

The tour ended with us all back at the main courtyard with the spirit gate. There were a few demon lords milling about, as well as one other group that had apparently just finished their tour. I wondered if the succubi ever got competitive about who could teach the better demon lords?

“You are all free to do as you wish now, however please make sure you get some sleep as we will be having another lesson tomorrow. This is a rather important one that I am sure you will all be able to enjoy, so I expect everyone to meet me in the lounge after breakfast. Take care demon lords and good night.” With that said, he left.

It was still light out and I wasn’t tired so I decided I would visit the library and do some research before bed. However, just as I was about to leave the group, Scale and Cleopatra grabbed me, as well as Muld and Silver, and dragged us to a room where demon lords could have mock battles.

It was pretty easy to have a battle prepared All you had to do was talk to a gargoyle that was permanently stationed in the room and tell it what the battle’s rules would be, what the victory conditions were, and any bets that would be placed. The bets could be pretty much anything a demon lord could offer, including monsters, charms, and spirit energy. The winner would get whatever the loser bet. Spectators could not bet however.

Also, apparently the grassy field we had used with Ivercel was not the default for mock battles. Instead, copies of each demon lords domain would be placed next to each other. This could be modified to have some land in between the domains and even for the domains to have the same fog wall things that real domains had, making it like a true battle between demon lords. Of course, Scale and Cleopatra didn’t need anything that fancy, and just kept the default of having each of their domains sitting besides each other.

The only rule was demon lords could not participate in the fighting, and the victory conditions were the complete annihilation of the enemy force, not including the enemy demon lord of course. They had both apparently summoned more monsters while in their domain so they would be bringing them all in while fighting. They decided against having it be a simple one versus one as if one monster was cheap enough that more of it could be bought then that should be considered a part of the test to see which was better.

Like the lounge, there was a screen where the battle could be watched if the battlers allowed it, which of course they did, though the seats for watching were much less comfortable, being only a simple wooden bench.

There were actually a bunch of screens paired with benches in the room and magic circles, allowing a grand total of fifty different battles to go on at once. That being said, it seemed like we were the only ones using the room for now. Probably for the best, as we wouldn’t want others to be able to see our monsters in battle and get ideas for counter strategies. Perhaps in the future it would be better to actually enter into the battles all together so that we wouldn’t have to use the screens.

“Gem.” A clear voice brought me out of my thoughts.

Silver had a determined look on her face, and judging by her body language it was obvious she wanted to have a battle as well. Come to think of it, where Cleopatra and Scale were similar in that they both had more offensive style, Silver and I were both much more mobile. That being said, in a battle that included demon lords, I would have the advantage as I could simply spear her through with my glaive, whereas if no demon lord intervention was allowed she would have the advantage as my unicorns lacked offensive capability. 

“Same rules?” I asked, indicating to the screen where Scale and Cleopatra were hurling insults at each other as their monsters got ready to fight.

“No, we will fight too.” Silver said. Interesting, did she have a counter to my glaive? Come to think of it, she likely bought more foxes while in her domain, and she would get a bigger combat bonus from having more creatures than I would since each of her foxes represented a bigger threat than each of my unicorns. Suddenly I was much less certain that I had an advantage.

The setup for our fight was simple. There were no rules and the victory condition was to kill the other demon lord to win and either escape or kill all enemy creatures. We kept the world at its default setting and decided to have the screen be off. Muld wasn’t that much interested in watching any fighting anyways, having at some point found the chance to grab a book, and we didn’t want people seeing our skills if anyone came in. 

Silver and I each stepped onto the magic for the battle we had configured, and were sent into the spirit world once again.

Hey again! Thanks for continuing to read my rough and amateur writing!
I kind of want to address the very unscheduled nature of my releases. Releasing new parts on a set schedule is something I really want to do, as at the moment all you guys get is a random short chapter at random intervals of time. Sadly, putting myself on a schedule will make writing more stressful as a large part of what keeps me writing is the fact that I purely do it for fun.

Currently I have other things going on in my life, like school and a my very first job, not to mention an alchemy simulator game that I have been lazy about working on, so for the time being I am just not ready to commit myself to scheduled updates. That being said, I am working on trying to build up a habit of writing everyday, and once I hit a point where I can regularly and comfortably work on a consistent amount of writing a day, I will begin scheduled updates! I have no clue how long this could take but don't expect it happening too soon.

All that being said, just because I don't have a set schedule doesn't mean I wont release as many updates as I can. You can probably expect at least one part per week, though I realize that might not be super satisfying for all us speed readers who will get through a 1k chapter in a matter of minutes.

EDIT: Somehow I forgot Silver owned foxes not wolves, and ended up writing down that she had wolves in this chapter... well now ive fixed that! Better keep a better track of things in the future...

8