Part 11 (Unedited) – Cafeteria Conversations
174 9 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip to the Grand Demon Lord’s castle was thankfully just as uneventful as the trip to my domain. We had been given some general instructions on what to do if we found ourselves suddenly in the wilderness of the spirit world, but considering the main point of the advice revolved around running for our lives, I decided I didn’t want to have to put it in action.

Seeing me return, Ivercel approached me. “Welcome back Gemstone. Not all of your fellow demon lords have returned yet and it is nearly dinner so I have decided to have wisps guide you to the dining hall. This way you will not need to wait for the others and we can simply do the tour after everyone has returned to the lounge after eating.” 

I nodded and a floating blue ball of flame appeared next to me. Curiously, I used [Analyze] on it. Part of the reason might also have been that I still hadn’t forgotten my mistake with that bear...

 

1 Star

Wisp Body - Lesser

Guide Role - Lesser

Spatial Affinity - Lesser

 

Interesting. On one hand, it was only a one star monster, but on the other hand, its traits were too perfectly picked out for any of them to have been gotten by chance. Then again, if anyone had enough charms to waste three on just a one star monster, it would be the Grand Demon Lord.

I followed the wisp as it led me to the dining hall. Apparently meals would be provided three times a day in the hall, though if you missed the meal times you were out of luck. That being said, the food wouldn’t be cleared away until an hour after it had been set out, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to not miss any meals.

The food was in the middle of being laid out when I entered the hall. Guess I could thank my impeccable timing yet again. Wait, had anything come up yet in my lifetime that required punctuality? Being a day old is weird…

I spotted a few lords from my group and decided to sit near them. Sitting with strangers would have been too weird, and sitting alone just didn’t feel right.

“I’m telling ya, your gnoll’s wouldn’t last five minutes against my hrogons!” Scale was in a passionate discussion with Cleopatra as I arrived at the table.

“In your dreams. Those scaly idiots would be burnt to a crisp.” Cleopatra radiated smugness as she speared a bit of fish with her fork and ate.

“You’re blind- oh hey Gem, you seemed to have a pretty good eye for strategy judging from your battle. Tell this idiot how useless her gnolls are compared to my creatures!” Scale, noticing me sit down, immediately dragged me into his argument.

Grabbing a plate from a stack nearby, I began to get my food. I decided to grab a large helping of the fish Cleopatra was eating, it looked amazing!

“Hah, looks like you got ignored! Obviously he doesn’t want to answer cause he knows you’re wrong.”

“Shut up, obviously he just needs some food first. I can respect those priorities.”

“Really, is that why Silver and Muld haven’t agreed with you either?”

“Well… not like they said my hrogons weren’t better!”

I looked over at Muld who was sitting between the two battle maniacs and regretting his choice of seating. I got the feeling that his lack of opinion was simply due to him not wanting to get on anyone’s bad side.

Looking over to my left, I noticed Silver fully concentrated on her food. I doubted she cared about who was stronger at all, more concerned about the important things in life, like the delicious food piled in front of us. 

“Your lizard freaks didn’t cast a single spell during your battle, are they even capable of magic?”

“What’s the point in magic if you can’t even harm your opponent.”

“That’s rich coming from the guy who lost to a fox. Need I remind you, my opponent was a massive golem.”

Silver glanced up at the two who were still arguing, then at me, and gestured her chin towards the potatoes. We both grabbed one and I mimicked her as she added a variety of toppings. When the masterpiece was complete, we both took a bite of our fried potatoes, and experienced bliss. I nodded at her, and she gave a nod back. It was good to see someone at this table was sane.

“That’s it, why don’t we settle this with a mock battle. Monsters versus monsters, no demon lord interference.”

“Why, scared little old me would tip the scales too much.” Cleopatra grinned viciously.

“This entire debate has been about who had the better monsters, so obviously it should be monsters only. So are you gonna battle or not?” Scale raised his posture challengingly.

“Oh, you are so on!”

“Maybe you two should eat so you are ready for your battle…?” Muld spoke out, hoping to finally put a stop to the arguing.

“Great idea, I gotta be in top form if I am gonna be fighting!” Scale slapped Muld on the back and started to dig into a large steak.

“I wonder what’s taking the other lords so long in their domains.” Cleopatra leaned on her elbow.

“I saw them go to another table earlier.” Muld pointed at where a large group of demon lords were gathered.

Looking over, I noticed Viper was there. The second I saw him his eyes met mine and he glared at me. What an unpleasant guy.

“Creepy.” Silver mumbled as she noticed his glare too.

“Yeah.” I turned away and reached for a bread roll.

“That oily guy over there, the one glaring at you, that’s the guy you fought right? Viper or whatever.” Scale asked, and I nodded to him.

“Some people just feel the need to make enemies for no reason. He is probably one of those guys who starts fights over stupid things I bet.” Cleopatra said.

“Ugh, people like that are the worst!” Scale banged his fist on the table, apparently angry on my behalf.

“Seriously!” Cleopatra nodded, just as passionate on the subject. Judging by the looks on Muld’s and Silver’s faces, I wasn’t the only one seeing the irony here…

A silence suddenly fell over the room as a familiar figure addressed the hall. Standing behind the main table that none of the newborn demon lords could sit at was the Grand Demon Lord. Apparently he was going to give another speech.

Favorite Character?
  • Gemstone Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleopatra Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Silver Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Scale Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Muld Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Ivercel Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The Grand Demon Lord Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Avalon Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Viper Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 12
6