Part 12 (Unedited) – The Tournament
155 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It seems you have all been settling in nicely.” The Grand Demon Lord addressed all of us with a somewhat sardonic smile. “I just wanted to say a few things that I didn’t mention during my opening speech.”

“As you know, I have granted you all many protections and various forms of help for the sake of helping you begin your journeys as demon lords. You will be able to partake of them as you please for exactly one year, at which time you will be given a final ‘graduation’ gift and sent off into the world. Of course, my extreme generosity will not be forced upon you, as at any time you may accept your graduation gift early and leave.”

“But for the majority of you who I imagine will be staying, there will be some mandatory events during your time here. Nothing troublesome, I can assure you. In fact, they will be quite fun! The first event will be occurring in one month and a day, which just so happens to be the day after you will be able to produce your own charms. It will be a group battle royale, where you will form teams of five and attempt to take out all opposing demon lords. I expect you build your forces up carefully and forge alliances so that you are ready when the event begins.”

“Oh and of course the winners will be rewarded. In fact, each member of the last team standing will receive a true charm of a type I will reveal later, whether or not each member survived until the end of the contest, so work hard to become the best demon lords of this generation!” Spreading his arms grandly, the Grand Demon Lord shouted, and many of the demon lords in the hall cheered.

Scale and Cleopatra whooped with joy while the rest of us at the table clapped. It did sound fun, and who would pass up a chance for a new true charm. There were already five of us here so perhaps we could be a team, but I didn’t want to bring it up if they might be against the idea…

“Hey, hey! There are like five of us here so we should all totally form up a team!” Scale stood up and shouted to us.

“I’d be willing to team up with the rest of these guys, but I’m not so sure you would be a great teammate.” Cleopatra said, smirking.

“Says the only person here who actually lost a battle.”

“A draw isn’t much better! Besides, who here could really take on Muld’s golem.” Cleopatra looked to the rest of as.

“Not me.” I said. Silver shook her head as well, and Scale seemed to grudgingly accept that Muld was just an unreasonable opponent to be paired with. On the other hand, Muld was blushing from all the praise.

“I’d like to form a team with everyone as well.” Seeing that no one seemed terribly offended by the idea when Scale said it, I decided to put my vote in as well.

“I think we could make a great team!” Muld agreed, happy for a chance to have everyone get along.

“Me too.” Silver said through a mouthful of potato.

“Eh, I guess I don’t mind being in a team with you if all the others are here as well.” Cleopatra said, being her normal oh so kind self.

“Hell yeah! Welcome everyone to team Scale!” Immediately after he said that, three cold glares fell on Scale.

“Ugh, name is work in progress?” He added in diplomatically.

“We can come up with something later, but first let's actually finish up this meal before clean everything up.” Cleopatra said.

With that, we continued our meal in relative peace. They were a strange bunch, but oddly enough I found myself slowly feeling more and more comfortable around them. It was a team formed on a whim between people who had only just met, but I had the feeling we could accomplish a lot. 

Looks like my goal for the time being is to learn to work with these clowns and win the battle royale in a month. Not like I had anything better to do, right?

Sorry about how short this part is!

I write my parts in scenes, so like when a scene ends I will end the part. Ill throw in another scene if the part is tooooo short but in this case I think it would have ruined the feel of the part. I'll do my best to write lots more and get out more chapters so you all have lots to read though so don't worry!

8