Chapter 16: Second Step
1.8k 8 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2010

Seoul, South Korea

Temple of Cyttorak

 

(Brock POV)

As the Gem was completely absorbed into me, the real world snapped back into view. The crimson glow around me starts to fade and I find myself back at the temple.

Checking myself over I was surprised to find that my leg and arm had entirely healed, but that wasn't the only change as inky black tribal markings now branded both my arms. Turning them over, I studied the detailed markings and noted that I could feel a faint pulse of power coming from them.

With each vibration of power I felt more strength enter my body, my senses became clearer as my muscles filled out a little more.

After a minute the markings stopped pulsing and the feeling of getting stronger stopped.

Flexing while examining my new modifications, I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

This wasn't the worse side effect that could have happened, at least I didn't become a bulky giant like Cain had.

Admiring myself, I punched out towards the stone wall near me and was elated to see a few cracks form from my force.

I wasn't at The Hulk's level of strength... at least not yet.

"You will get even stronger with time, child." A familiar deep voice sounded out in my head.

Startled, I scan around the room but find no one else there but me.

"Are you in my head right now? That wasn't part of the deal!" I called out the air.

"Fear not child, I am not intruding on your thoughts. I am merely speaking to you through the totem you now have inside you." Cyttorak answered.

"It is a two-way connection, so you can close it if you wish for privacy." He said.

Closing my eyes I could feel that he wasn't lying. The connection felt like a window I could open or close anytime I want.

Leaving it open, I began to question the being on more info about my current abilities.

"Since you have only just made the pact, you will only have access to a small amount of the Gem's power," Cyttorak explained.

"Currently the Gem has given you what I believe is peak human level strength, durability, and stamina. As you continue to walk down the path of the Domain of Destruction your power will continue to soar to astronomical levels."

"Domain of Destruction? You mentioned that before too, what is it?" I questioned.

"It is my Principality child. The thing my very being was created for." Cyttorak answered.

"So you're a God of Destruction?"

"I am no God, child."

"Then a Demon or Devil?"

"I am no Demon either. At one time I was worshiped on Earth as these things but that was until I was banished to the Crimson Cosmos due to....circumstances." Cyttorak answered and I could tell the guy didn't want to talk about that yet.

"So you're saying that in order to get stronger I just have to do actions that align with your..domain of Destruction?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yes, Child. It matters not to me what or who you decided to unleash the power on. As long as it's within my Domain."

Nodding, I thought over how generalized a Domain like Destruction was. It was kinda ethereal, like would destroying something like a relationship count, or did the action have to contain some form of battle?

Mind racing with different thoughts, I take a look around the abandoned temple as I recognized a current problem I was facing.

"How do I get out of here?"

***********

Seoul, South Korea

Gotjawal Forest, Jeju Island

One hour later

 

"Armor?" I questioned Cyttorak while digging handholds out of the stone wall and climbing over the edge.

It seems that there wasn't another entrance to the Temple so using my newfound strength I was able to climb back up towards the stream before making it back to land.

"Yes child, armor. It is not only my main symbol of power but was the only weapon I wielded while in battle. You will need to find a strong adaptive material to forge your armor from. Only when you've done that can you call yourself a true Exemplar of Cyttorak." The cosmic entities explained as I tried to find my way back to civilization from the forest.

"Ok, what kind of-"

A loud growl interrupted me as a large spotted leopard jumped out from the thick bushes. Studying the beast I noticed a single deep gash along the underside of its belly.

"Oh, it's you again," I said recognizing the animal in front of me.

The Leopard let out another angry snarl as it slowly stalked around me, seems it remembered me too.

A predatory smile came to my lips as a murderous gleam shined through my eyes.

"You came at the right time. I needed something to test on and I already owe you a few licks."

The leopard snarled again and crouched low before pouncing on me. It's large canines aiming to rip my face off.

Moving faster than I ever have, I avoided the attack and moved behind the leopard before wrapping both my arms around the beast's throat and slamming it hard to the ground.

The leopard let out a pained yelp as it hit the ground. It tried to free itself from my hold, its claws scraping against my skin. I noted that while the scratches did hurt a bit they weren't breaking the skin.

Smiling, I increased the strength in my arms increased as I twisted the leopard's head in the opposite direction. Snaping its neck as easily as twisting off a bottle cap.

As the beast fell limply in my arms I saw my markings pulse with crimson energy for a second before returning to normal.

Releasing the now dead leopard I opened the connection to Cyttorak.

"Why did my markings pulse for a second," I questioned.

"Because you were committing actions that reside within my domain, the gem provided you more power," Cyttorak explained.

I nodded.

"Was it the act of killing or the fight?" I asked, trying to get a handle on what I did to cause the small power-up.

"Both, child," Cyttorak stated simply, not elaborating.

Sighing I closed the connection as I continued to make my way back to the city.

"Time to go home."

*********

A/N: Hey guys! I know, a lot of exposition, but it is important to know a little about Cyttorak and how the MC powers will work. Let me know what you thought and thanks for reading!!

P.S: Small time skip next chapter as we move into 2011 and the MC returns to the wider MCU story.

81