Chapter 21: Visitors
1.5k 4 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2011

Asgard, Heimdall's Observatory

One Day Later

 

(Omniscient POV)

Sif and the Warriors Three enter the Observatory hall warily, only to find the intimidating Heimdall standing before the Observatory's controls. He glares at them accusingly.

Volstagg stepped forward in front of the intimidating guardian and tried to plead their case.

"Good Heimdall, less us explain-"

"You would defy the commands of Loki our King, break every oath you have taken as warriors, and commit treason to bring Thor back?" Heimdall interrupted.

The group of four exchange nervous glances.

Sif stepped up this time and tried to explain.

"Yes, but-"

"Good." Heimdall interrupted again as the group looks puzzled by what he just said.

"So you'll help us?" Sif asked.

"I am bound by honor to our King. I cannot open the Bifrost to you." He stated simply.

With those words, Heimdall leaves them alone in the Observatory as the others exchange puzzled looks again.

"Complicated fellow, isn't he?" Fandral joked.

"Now what do we do?" Volstagg asked as Sif glances at the control panel, noticing something.

"Look!" She yelled as the others turn to see Heimdall's sword stuck into the control panel. They exchange a grin, knowing they have an ally.

Sif hits the controls, and the Bifrost apparatus fires up.

***********

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico

A Few Miles Outside of Town

 

Amidst the fury of the Bifrost storm, the Warriors Three and Sif drop to the ground in the New Mexico desert.

They clamber to their feet as the Bifrost quickly recedes, the hole in the sky closing up behind it as Bifrost runes cover the desert sand around them.

"He must have landed nearby. It's time to put our tracking skills to work. Spread out. Check the sand for indentations of his boot prints." Volstagg ordered.

"The winds would have blown them away by now. We should look for signs of a campfire." Fandral countered.

"Or we could just start there," Sif says as she points behind them to the town of Puente Antiguo in the distance, the only visible sign of civilization, and Hogun, who has already started walking towards it.

Volstagg and Fandral trade looks, their egos bruised.

"It's worth a look, I suppose," Volstagg mutters as the small party tromps towards the town.

*************

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico

Main Street

 

Townsfolk stare in wonder as the Warriors Three and Sif, stroll down the street with all their Asgardian armor and weapons.

As they pass the small baseball field the group sees a boy Hit a baseball, which rolls under a parked car. He runs to retrieve it, but can't seem to reach the ball.

Suddenly, the side of the car rises into the air and the boy looks over, his mouth dropping open at what he sees.

Volstagg easily holds the car up with one hand, he then picks up the boy's ball and drops the car.

He hands the ball back to the boy, tousling his hair.

"There you go, lad!" The boy just stares, standing frozen as the Asgardians continue down the road.

"Is it just me, or does Earth look a little different to you?" Fandral questions as they pass by small shops and parked cars.

"It has been a thousand years," Sif responds as the party passes by Smith Motors Labs

"Things change so fast here. You leave for a millennium, and it's like the whole neighborhood's gone." Volstagg says while sniffing the air, smelling something.

"Perhaps we should split up." He says while signaling toward the building across the street.

*****************

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico

Rooftop Across the Street from Smith Motors Lab

 

Jack and Agent Cale spot the strange group of warriors walking down the street.

"Is there a Renaissance Faire in town?" Agent Cale jokes as Jack turns to glare at the guy.

"Call it in to the Captain." He orders as Cale grabs the radio.

"Captain, we have a couple of strange bogies approaching the Lab-" Cale starts to report but is interrupted as Volstagg rises up behind the pair and bashes their heads together.

The world around the two agents fades as unconsciousness takes them.

"Never cared for spies," Volstagg mumbles to himself as he turns to leave the two unconscious men.

He stops as he sees their bag of fast food on the ground. Intrigued, he bends over and pulls out a cheeseburger from the bag, and takes a bite.

"Exquisite."

*************

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico

Bifrost Landing Site

One hour Later

 

A few S.H.I.E.L.D vehicles are parked by the Bifrost site. S.H.I.E.L.D Agents stand guard as scientists take readings with hi-tech scanners.

Coulson kneels and examines the Bifrost Runes, then turns to a nearby Agent.

"Get somebody from Linguistics out here." He orders just as the sky begins to rumble overhead.

A Bifrost storm roars in the sky as Coulson and the other S.H.I.E.L.D Agents scramble for cover.

Their vehicle windshields shatter, as the Bifrost storm grows in strength. Finally, a hole in the sky overhead opens, and a rainbow funnel cloud explodes out of it, touching down onto the desert floor.

Coulson and the Agents shelter their eyes from the maelstrom as wind and dust whip around them.

After a minute the colors and the storm fades like they were never there.

Coulson peeks his head out from behind the SUV and is stunned to see a Giant Silver Suit of Armour standing on the landing site.

All the agents around him begin to aim their weapons at the strange anomaly as the Armour starts to emit a bright orange glow from its eyes.

"Is that one of Stark's? " An Agent turns to ask Coulson as the Armour begins moving forward towards them, its shadow completely engulfing them.

" I don't think so. But the guy doesn't tell me anything." Coulson says as he grabs a megaphone, steps forward, and calls out to the Suit of Armour.

"Hello! You're using unregistered technology weapons. Please identify yourself." He orders, as loud humming sounds, belch from the Armour.

Fiery orange energy can be seen powering up inside the fissures of the Armour.

"Incoming!" Coulson announces and the S.H.I.E.L.D Agents scramble for cover as a beam of energy shoots out from the face plate of the Armour and explodes one of the vehicles.

A few S.H.I.E.L.D agents get hurt but the rest begin to return fire.

*************

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico

Town Center

 

Townspeople fill the streets, staring in horror at the firefight taking place in the distance.

Thor and the other Asgardians can be seen preparing for battle, as Thor turns to Jane.

"Leave this town now. Get yourself and your friends to safety." Thor advises her.

"What about you?" Jane asks worriedly.

"I must stay and fight." The other Asgardians look to Thor in concern, knowing the man is currently powerless.

Thor puffs out his chest and gives them a determined look.

"I'm still a warrior, and I will fight by your side."

"You're but a mortal now. You'll get yourself killed!" Volstagg warns him.

"Or one of us, trying to protect you," Fandral adds.

"The best thing you can do is get the mortals to safety and leave the battle to us," Sif voices, agreeing with the other warriors.

Thor looks at the innocent townsfolk around them, all oblivious to the oncoming threat.

He lets out a defeated sigh and looks back toward Sif.

"You're right," Thor says as Sif looks at him in surprise.

Thor turns to Jane, Erik, and Darcy.

"Help me clear the streets. I'll let none of these people die this day." He says and each of them nods their heads in agreement.

***************

Puente Antiguo, New Mexico

Town Outskirts

 

As Thor, Jane, Erik, and Darcy start to herd the crowd of Townsfolk off the streets, the Warriors Three and Sif head across town towards the Destroyer. None of them notice the emotionless Hazel eyes watching them through binoculars from a rooftop on the borders of the town.

Brock, in full combat gear and mask, puts down the binoculars and takes out a small remote with a flashing red light and a bright red button in the middle.

As he eyes the small remote, his thumb gently caresses the button, and a slight homicidal grin overtakes his face beneath the haunting mask.

"Time to create a little destruction." He mutters to himself as a dark resounding voice chuckles excitedly in his head.

************

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the story so far and thanks for reading!!

73