Chapter 35: Unstoppable Force pt.2
1.3k 4 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2012

New York City

 

(Omniscient POV)

The Chitauri warriors, that were marching through the streets, look back to see what had just crash-landed near them.

A cloud of dust fills the air, and through the cloud, a pair of glowing crimson eyes stares back at them. Like a predator that just spotted its prey.

Sensing the aura of danger the eyes gave off, the Chitauri begin to fire at the figure through the dust. Hundreds of bright blue laser blasts fly through the air, passing through the cloud and hitting the figure.

A glowing dark metal skull, wearing a brutal smile that leaked crimson energy, peeks its head out of the dust as Brock, ignoring the onslaught of laser fire, emerges fully armored from the cloud.

Slowly, he began to march towards the army, his feet sinking a little into the gravel of the street with each heavy step.

The Chitauri keep firing upon him but Brock still doesn't drop, the lasers evaporating as soon as they touch the dark metal of his armor.

Seeing that their guns weren't working the Chitauri warriors stopped firing, and those who held melee weapons stepped up and charged forward to confront the armored man.

Using short spear-like energy staves that held a bright blue tip, they began to surround Brock and wildly beat against his armor, some even crawling up on his back to try and penetrate under his helmet.

Like savage beasts, they slashed, clawed, and stabbed but the attacks just landed dully on the dark armor as Brock still seemed to ignore them, his slow marching pace unchanged.

As his momentum slowly started to build, a faint dark crimson force-field began to emit from the armor.

"Eeeewwaawwwghh!!" The Chatauri warriors, that were on top of Brock, screeched out in pain as they fell off his body like stunned bugs, their skin shriveling and turning a musky black color.

Those who were in front of Brock, hitting him with their staves, looked down in horror as their weapons began to shatter on contact with the eerie force field.

The Chitauri, seeing that their attacks were futile, turned around to try and get away from the strange creature.

"[In Chitauran] Retreat!!Retreat!!" They screeched out to their comrades, trying to warn them of the danger that was now in their midst.

Brock's pace began to pick up as he charged after the running Chitauri, steamrolling over the few that were too slow to keep up with the troop.

Sounds of bones crunching following wet pops rang out as Brock stepped over their bodies.

Brock gained speed as he moved forward into the wave of the Chitauri army, and the dark crimson field that surrounded him began to expand out into a 3 feet dome enwrapping him.

Blue Blood, Blackened flesh, bits of bone, and stray laser fire began to rain down upon his armored figure, which was beginning to blur into the image of a grounded comet ripping through the city.

As we look down upon the battlefield, we could see a path began to form as Brock moved through the congested streets, mounds of broken bodies left behind in his wake.

**************

New York City

Stark Tower

A Few Minutes Later

 

(Loki POV)

Thor grabs me by my throat and holds me down on the glass floor of the balcony. He gestures over the rail and out to the chaotic scene of my army wreaking havoc over the city below us.

"Look at this! Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?!" He yells, angrily, as he looks down at me with utter contempt and pity in his eyes.

The fool was still trying to 'save' me!

Putting on my 'troubled brother' act, I weakly reached out to his hand that was holding my throat.

"T-This isn't what I wanted! But...It's too late to stop it." I cried.

Thor look down at me with surprise, his eyes turning soft as his grip released a little.

"No. It's not too late. We can stop it, together." The fool said, heroically.

I let a gentle look come to my face as if I was considering his words, as I conjure a knife into my other hand and stab out at Thor.

"Useless Sentiment!" I growl as the knife sinks into his arm.

Thor grunts at the pain as blood seeps from his arm. He lets go of me for a second and I use the chance to get back to my feet.

Thor recovers quickly and, reaching back, he throws Mjolnir at my retreating form.

"Arrgh!" I groan out as the hammer strikes me hard, sending me rolling off the edge of the building.

Wind rushes through my hair as I fall through the sky, only to land on one of the many Chitauri hovercrafts that were soaring through the air.

Smiling smugly at my luck, I get up and send a mocking wave back to my dear Brother, who was staring down angrily from the tower.

Thor summons his hammer back to his hand and begins to twirl it around to follow me but is quickly attacked by my other forces.

"Ha ha ha, maybe I'll see you later at my coronation, Dear Brother!" I yell back at the fool as a take the command seat in the middle of the hovercraft.

Glancing down at the battlefield below, my smile spreads further as I see Fury's 'Captain America' cowered down behind a yellow vehicle. My Chitauri forces raining laser fire down upon him as he tries to protect himself, a group of wounded civilians, and Barton, who was laid out unconscious next to him.

We fly over them and I see the Captain look up at me, an angry grimace overtaking his tired face.

I wave down playfully at him as a delicious thought forms inside my head.

Facing forward, I give the command for the pilot to begin firing down at the many civilians.

The turret lets out a soft purr as it spits down lasers at the mortals, who try to run for their lives.

Bodies drop around the Captain, who is busy blocking the fire from the attacking forces at his front with his shield. A look of horror comes to his face as he glances back, helplessly.

"Ha ha ha ha ha!!" I laugh down madly at his suffering and we continued our path soaring above the battlefield.

Turning the corner, my laughter fades as I give the order for the pilot to stop the hovercraft.

Below, the crushed and broken corpses of my army litter the streets as what looks like a large ball of dark crimson energy hurdled toward our direction.

As it comes closer, the ball of energy begins to slow down, leaving two foot-sized furrows imprinted into the pavement.

I peek down from my seat, curious about what this thing, that was killing my troops, was.

The ball slows to a stop and the energy begins to fade, revealing a figure wearing a sleek dark-plated armor that pulsed with crimson power. The helm of the armor formed into the shape of a skull and two glowing red eyes looked up at me from the streets.

The mouth of the skull twists into a familiar sadistic grin.

"W-what is thi-" I try to speak but a deep, modulated voice interrupts me.

"I've been looking for you." The armored skull voiced before crouching down like it was going to attack.

"Kill that thing!" I order and the turret hums to life.

Blue laser fire showers the thing but it just dismisses it as it leaps toward us from below, the ground breaking away under its legs from the force of the jump.

"Back u-" I try to order but was too slow.

The creature matches our altitude and swats at the hovercraft like it was a ball, the bow of the ship denting inward at its power.

Our hovercraft shoots out of the sky and crashes into the wall of the building behind it.

***************

A/n: Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far and as always, thanks for reading!

If you like my work and want to support it, send a tip. Anything is appreciated.

Shoutout to my fellow Travelers on Patreon:
- Iceinferno      - Devon Bolwaire

69