Chapter 36: Unstoppable Force pt.3
1.3k 1 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2012

New York City

 

(Loki POV)

The creature leaps and matches the altitude of the hovercraft. It reaches back and sends out an armored fist that smacks against the aircraft like it was a ball, making the bow of the ship dent inward at its power and sending it hurdling downwards.

Our hovercraft shoots out of the sky, crashing into the brick wall of the office building behind it.

The hovercraft collided with the building, landing in a wreck and creating a small crater in the tiled floor of the lobby in the office building.

"Arrraaghh!!" I wail out as a wave of pain washes over me.

A few scraps and small gashes marked my body, but other than that I seemed to have made it out intact. Though I couldn't say the same of my soldiers, who were laying lifelessly next to me.

A cloud of dust and debris fills the air as I try and crawl out of the wrecked hovercraft.

*Cough*

*Cough*

I rasp out as I fall out of the damaged aircraft, landing in a heap on the cracked tiled floor.

The sound of Heavy steps heading towards me rings out as I struggle to get to my feet, waving away the dirty cloud in the air to clear my vision.

The heavy steps reach closer as the tall armored skeleton steps through the hole in the wall, its figure silhouetted by the midday sun behind it.

"Your not dead yet, are you? Was really hoping you'd put up more of a fight." The creature's deep voice called out to me.

It began taking slow, weighted steps toward me as I moved my hand to silently cast a spell behind my back.

"W-what quarrel do you have with me, Creature?" I questioned, my spell finishing as it came closer.

It stopped it's march toward 'me' and tilted it's head to the side, the dark skeletal faceplate twisting unnaturally into a perplexed look.

Suddenly, Its armored right hand snapped up and gripped tightly around the seemingly empty air next to it.

"Gaghhrgh!"I choked out as my projected body faded from existence and my real body shimmered into reality, the scepter in my hand clattering to the floor.

The creature held its hand firmly around my throat, making me gasp for air at its powerful grip.

I weakly tried to free myself from its hand even as I could feel my blood beginning to rush to my face and I struggled to take in a breath.

"This is just sad." It's deep, modulated voice remarked as it turned its head towards me.

"Will I gain anything from his death?" It questioned seemingly to itself.

A disappointed look overtook the faceplate as if it received an answer to its question.

"Pity. Was hoping to at least get some new power if I couldn't get a worthy fight."

The Creature holds me up to its skeletal face and I felt the heat that was coming from the crimson energy that pulsed within like a furnace.

It bends down and takes my scepter in its other hand before looking down at my choking form and releasing its grip a bit but still held me by my throat.

Air filled my lungs as I took in deep ragged breaths.

"Might as well try and have some fun, then." It declared as it held my limp body in front of itself and began charging toward the opposite wall of the building.

"W-what are you-aaaaaaaaa!" I tried to question its action, but was interrupted as a faint crimson barrier began to emit from the armor, giving me a burning sensation that I felt in my very being.

The Creature's momentum began to pick up as it burst through the brick wall easily, using my body like a shield.

More pain poured down on me and I screamed for it to stop but the Creature didn't listen, continuing its march through the buildings next to it.

**************

New York City

A Few Miles Away

 

(Captain America POV)

My shield returns to my hand as the group of attacking Chitauri warriors fall to the ground.

Two Chitauri aircrafts come for me above and fire their turrets as I swerve to avoid them, holding my shield out in front of me.

Suddenly the aircrafts both explode in the air as I look up to see Iron Man, flying above and sending tiny missiles at the wave of enemies.

Iron Man takes a turn and comes up on the overpass, where he knocks a few Chitauri aliens over and lands next to me.

Another wave of enemies comes toward us as we both trade knowing looks.

I raise my shield to Iron Man, who raises his hand and reflects a repulsor blast off the shield, taking out the surrounding warriors.

The troop falls down, their grotesque bodies smoking from the laser fire.

A shadow overtakes the streets and I look up to see one of the many giant armored worms flying overhead. On top of it, I see the Hulk fighting off a unit of Chitauri warriors.

Thor then lands atop the same creature and begins to take on the warriors with Hulk.

The two make quick work of the unit and Hulk breaks a piece of the worm's armor off as Thor summons lightning and drives the piece of metal into its head with his hammer.

The creature begins to fall from the sky and crashes to the ground, landing in a few feet away from us.

Army Tanks, and American soldiers begin to arrive at the chaotic scene, and they begin firing at the seemingly endless wave of enemies.

"Just got a call from Fury, they have a missile headed straight for the city. We have maybe three minutes to stop this madness before they wipe it off the map." Tony informs me as he continues to fire at the aliens.

"Those cowards!" I exclaim in anger. "Any ideas on how to stop it?"

Stark doesn't answer for a second, then nods his head.

"I'll handle the missile. You get that portal closed. You need something that's strong enough to pierce the barrier around the Tessaract." Tony advises before he takes off in the air.

"No, wait Tony!!" I call out but the man is already gone.

A Chitauri moves to attack my back but I quickly bash my shield into its head, making it fall to the ground.

Thor leaps over toward me and smashes his hammer on the ground, sending arcs of electricity at the enemies.

The surrounding Chitauri fall and I move over toward Thor.

"We need to close that portal, now." I inform him.

Thor nods his head and we begin to move toward Stark Tower, but pause as we hear the echoing sound of fast and heavy footsteps.

*Boom*

The wall of the building near us collapses and a dark crimson ball of energy barrels its way toward our direction!

**************

A/n: Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the story and as always thanks for reading!

60