Chapter 39: Armistice pt.2
1.2k 2 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2012

New York City

 

(Thor POV)

"WHY WON'T YOU JUST GO DOWN!!" I roared at my opponent as I sent another lightning strike straight toward the skeletal face charging at me.

The bright blue lightning surged through the air, but weakly dissipated when it struck against that same damn red barrier surrounding its armored form.

Not phased at all by my attack, the Monster closes the distance between us as I pull back with all the strength I had left and send out a powerful strike to bash it from the side with my hammer.

"Just DIE!!" I cursed as Mjolnir struck against the crimson-red barrier.

A small shockwave resonated from the contact and my arm shook with strain as I felt the barrier trying to resist the hit and push me back.

But I powered through with all my force and, eventually, the shield lost out as my strike shattered it into small translucent ruby-like shards that scattered in the air before fading away.

"Yes!!!" I exclaim in joy at finally breaking through that damn barrier.

My victory was cut short however as the Monster, ignoring the fact that its shield was now broken, swiftly swerved past Mjolnir and got in close to send a decisive blow to my chest.

As the powerful blow struck me, my armor cracked under the pressure and my breath caught in my lungs as I felt the bones of my ribs indenting under the Monster's metal fist.

The force behind the punch sent me flying back, my body rebounding off of the pavement, and crashing through two small buildings before smashing into a brick wall of a narrow alleyway and landing in a heap on the dirty ground

"Aaarrrgh!!" I gasp out in extreme pain as I try to take air into my damaged lungs. A copper taste filled my mouth as blood leaked from my lips and my eyes felt heavy as I sensed the comforting pull of unconsciousness try to take me.

The sound of fast and heavy footsteps coming towards me rang out through the area and I forced myself to stay alert.

Feebly lifting my head, I saw the figure of the armored monster approaching me from the path I created through the buildings.

With great effort, I pulled myself to my feet to meet my opponent head-on. Pain filled my lungs with every breath and my legs shook from the strain, but I pushed all that away and readied Mjolnir at my side.

The slowly approaching Monster let a brutal smirk come to its skeletal face as it saw my bloody, beaten, and exhausted stance.

I gritted my teeth as anger, frustration, and indignation filled me at seeing that creepy smirk.

Why did it feel like this thing was getting stronger the more we fight?

"You look a little worse for wear. This could stop now if you want it to." The monster's deep, modulated voice remarked mockingly.

"I will never admit defeat! Especially not to some piddling Draugr!" I exclaimed as I steeled my resolve to continue this seemingly hopeless battle.

*******************

New York City

A Few Minutes Later

 

(Brock POV)

Exhilaration.

That was the only word I could use to describe my current mindset as the bloodied and exhausted Thor tried blocking the glowing armored uppercut I sent his way.

Pure and utter Exhilaration.

My fist breaks through Thor's block and strikes him under his chin, the force of the blow launching him a few feet in the air. I jump to follow him before clasping my hands together and slapping him back to the ground like a volleyball.

Thor barrels to the ground, his body cracking through the pavement and creating a small crater.

Landing a foot away, I move over to the crater to see an unconscious Thor laying in the middle of the rubble.

Pity... I was just starting to have fun and I didn't even get a chance to try-

"Captain Rumlow..*Static*...S.H.I.E.L.D...*Static*....ordered....*Static*...capture the Monster... *Static*... do you copy?" A familiar voice interrupted my thoughts, as it rang out from the commlink I was still wearing under my helmet.

Jack was obviously trying to relay orders back to me but something must be interfering with the connection.

But from what I could gather, unless there was some other unknown superpowered monster roaming the streets, seems like S.H.I.E.L.D was trying to make me their next priority.

As much as I was tempted to stick around and cause more destruction than what I already had, I knew I'd be pushing my luck.

I may have beaten him, but the fight with Thor clued me in on the fact that I still had a lot of work to do.

If he wasn't already tired from the battle with the Chituari army and I wasn't able to recoup the destructive energy I used, I don't think I would be the one walking away today.

Especially if the other avengers decided to join in.

"Seems it's time to go," I mutter quietly to myself as I take one last look at Thor's passed-out form before turning around to make my escape.

But my steps halt as I suddenly feel a strange sensation begin to overtake me.

My heart beats faster and my blood begins to boil as I franticly look around to try to find the source of the strange feeling.

"You're a hard guy to track down, you know that." A resounding voice calls out to me.

My head snaps up to where the voice came from and I saw a...homeless man? crouched down atop a building.

The homeless guy was a short burly man with a long mane of messy black hair that reached his back and a full straggly beard on his face. His clothes were tattered and dirty, and he seemed in dire need of a long shower.

"Who the fuck are you 'posed to be?" I question as I brace myself for any sudden attacks.

The homeless man doesn't answer as he swiftly leaps off the rooftop like an animal and lands a few feet away from my position.

As he got closer, time seemed to slow in the surroundings as the world around us begins to fade from my vision and I abruptly find myself in a pure white void.

"Hope you are ready, Child." A familiar deep booming voice remarks from behind me and I turn around to see Cyttorak's giant figure seated on his throne in the white void.

I open my lips to question what was going on, when that same strange feeling struck out in my mind.

I snap my head back to see the homeless man's figure begin to form in the white void, but all my attention was captured by the giant horned beast with raven black fur that materialized behind him!

****************

A/n: Hey guys, hope you are enjoying the story so far and as always thanks for reading!

If you like my work and want to support it, send a tip. Anything is appreciated. Shoutout to my fellow Travelers on Patreon:
- Iceinferno
- Devon Bolwaire
- Cbnr2336

56