I just sleep, but … I woke up very far from home (Part 1)
95 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day was cloudy which made Wen Liang want to stay in his big bed for a while, but his daily trained biological clock didn't care about its owner's thoughts. His beautiful fox eyes slowly opened, he was already groping the bedside table for his cell phone, his long slender fingers tugging on the charger cord, bringing the cell phone into Wen Liang's callused hands.

At seven o'clock in the morning, Wen Liang was ready to leave his apartment on the tenth floor, downstairs he mingled in the large crowd and went to Ling Ping University, one of Hong Kong's major teaching centers. The place where he lived was relatively close, only 30 minutes walk, people continued their mundane lives, despite tensions between the rulers, there was a slight tension between people, China was not happy with the Hong Kong government. 

Of course, Wen Liang didn't care that much, as he had not yet reached the point of no return, and many other countries were watching over the situation in Hong Kong, many wanting to take advantage of the situation to be heroes and garner another ally. consumers in the internal market.

Wen Liang began his work as every day punctually at 8:00 am, as soon as the students began to circulate inside the library, but he saw none of it as he worked as a library manager and stayed in an office at the third floor. There he read various papers and e-mails about book shipments, teachers' requests, student requests, and also saw the news about teaching materials.

On the other hand, Wen Liang was searching his cell phone for forensic articles and the recent excavations somewhere in China, plus a tomb dating back two thousand years ago, should have been from some uncataloged dynasty so far. His passion was for archaeological excavations and forensic investigations. 

However, due to an injury to his spine two years ago he had to retire from the field of archeology, and could no longer provide services to the police forensic department. He still made some consultations seeing through photos and other analysis, but it wasn't the same feeling of being in the field, so Wen Liang retired from the two careers he loved the most. 

Wen Liang got a job as a teacher, but soon managed to be a little steward of this wonderful library, he didn't want to work as a teacher, as that would only remind him of everything he was missing outside, so it was better to sink into work that doesn't remind him himself from his good times as a forensic archaeologist. 

Yet the irrational part of him was still searching his eyes and the internet for articles, books, and news about his passion, even though Wen Liang had his expressionless face and flat voice full of indifference, he was still human and couldn't help but be. tempted to look a little more. 

Wen Liang's colleagues were two men and two women, the men were still single and were between the ages of 30 and 35, the women were married and between the ages of 40 and 45, they even had small children. These people thought Wen Liang was a stern person, but they could not complain, even though he was much younger than them, for this young manager was actually very stern with himself as well. 

Wen Liang at 27 was a man of rare beauty, not feminine, but not very masculine, he had an angular face and fox eyes, his skin was a healthy bronze color for years to come. in archaeological excavations. His eyes were the color of honey, soft and handsome, his lashes shaped seductively and his lips were dark pink, his mouth was wide, and if he smiled he would really look like a 1,000-year-old fox. of legends and ancient tales.

Unfortunately for these colleagues of Wen Liang, this little boss had a strange facial paralysis, he did not sketch much emotion, the closest they saw to emotions in this young person was when he was bored or angry, yet these colleagues thought it was some kind of collective illusion, for it was so fast that in the blink of an eye Wen Liang's handsome face was once again like cold wood again.

At 20:00 Wen Liang finally finishes his work, would soon begin the shift of his colleagues at night, in addition to the five who stay with him until 17:00, there are three more people, two women 25 and 30 years respectively and a 40-year-old man who is responsible for managing this large library overnight until the following day. 

Yes, this is one of those libraries that is available 24 hours a day, as it was located inside a university campus so the neighborhood was very safe and perfect for those who need to study at night because they have work or classes in the morning.

At 21:00 he arrived at his apartment, in his hands were some bags containing bread and other things, like the food of his favorite restaurant, today was a day of Friday, so Wen Liang always bought the food from the old man's restaurant Jiang Lin, just minutes from the university campus, the food was delicious and cheap, but most importantly old Jiang Lin was a former police detective and it was always nice to listen when the old man talked about his detective time years ago. behind. 

Back in old Jiang's restaurant, Wen Liang felt comfortable and always had a peaceful expression, as if he had found his place in the world, which made men and women gasp at the beauty of this fox-eyed young man. Of course, Wen Liang, he didn't realize any of this, he was in his little world where there was only him and old Jiang with their cop stories. 

By 22:00 Wen Liang had already showered and was ready to go to sleep, but like every night he checked his messages, before putting the phone in silent. After that, he was going to read one of the diaries left by his grandfather, who had been a very famous archaeologist of his day and who had traveled the whole world. 

However, he lingered longer on his cell phone than he had originally thought, as there were some messages from one of his friends across the world, specifically from England. There was a mysterious case that Western media was avidly covering, where some young people had disappeared and only one of them was found; obviously he was dead. What was interesting was the way it had died, because it looked as if it had been killed by some very large animal, perhaps some kind of mutated wolf or a bear, but that didn't make much sense, because the body was found in London. Which led to speculation that this young man had been killed elsewhere and the killer very boldly brought the body to the English capital city.

This friend of Wen Liang shared some information by phone and asked for some help, because the case had no more clues, and other young people in the same group had not yet been found. 

His friend even joked at the end of the message:

"Do they all transmigrate somewhere?" This friend's message was clearly a joke. For Webnovel's novels were increasingly famous around the world, especially for their cliché transmigration plots.  

 

I'm so sorry for the grammatical errors.
Thanks for reading!

The publications will be Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

3