Chapter 7-Zoller Family Part 1
2.2k 8 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Planet Eoburos, Galactic Year 4520

In this Universe, mana is omnipresent. Stars, planets, nature, animals, humans, everything is built on top of mana.

Planets are generally larger than they would be without mana, stars burn brighter and hotter than usual, plant life can mutate and evolve, and humans can hold enough power to wipe out mountains or even planets.

Planet Eoburos is just one of the trillions of planets in this Universe that was affected by the near-infinite amount of mana.

However, what separates this planet from the rest is that this planet has the largest and most diverse populations of sentient races in the entire Universe.

The differences between Eoburos and Earth are so massive that one might only be able to understand part of the world, even if they spent their whole lives traveling. 

Planet Eoburos is hundreds of times larger than Earth, has an overabundant amount of resources, tens or even hundreds of billions of people live on it, and the gravity is several times higher than what it would be on Earth. 

The only thing that might be similar between the two planets is how fast they rotate. They both take 24 hours to make a full rotation, which became a Universal standard. However, that’s the only similarity the two planets share. 

It would take Planet Eoburos 10 Earth Years to complete a full revolution. 

However, Humans decided not to use that to measure age, as calling someone who has lived 29,000 days (80 Earth Years) 8 years old didn’t flow.

Thus, to keep things simple, Humanity decided that a Year would be 300 days. Meaning most people reach maturity at around 21-22 years of age.

Although there are other livable, uninhabited planets out in the Universe that humans could live on, Eoburos ended up being the base of operations for Humanity. There might be conflicts with other races, but the rewards far outweigh the risks. 

Still, with so many people on the planet and so much territory to conquer and explore, naturally, Humanity divided and formed various Kingdoms and Countries. 

One of those Countries was called Elysium, and the country Mika’s new family is located.

Elysium was one of the first countries to be formed on Planet Eoburos, and its history ran so deep that many people didn’t even know the full extent of it.

The country is separated into three social classes. The King and Queen are at the top, the Nobility is right below them, and the commoners are at the bottom. 

However, the lines between the commoners and Nobles have blurred over time because of mana and Mana Cultivation Techniques. 

So, nowadays, there are only a few differences that come with the higher status in Elysium; all of them ultimately boil down to one’s responsibility towards the Country. 

Nobles are expected to be at the forefront of strength, technology, and knowledge, while Commoners have a bit more freedom but have lower status, limited information, and are generally weaker.

It just so happens that one of these Noble Households will be Mika’s new family, the Zoller Dukedom, one of the Country’s most important factions.

They represent Elysium’s hidden forces and are responsible for the defense of the Country as a whole. 

They also have other responsibilities, but that’s what they’re known for to the public. 

They are by far the most mysterious Noble Household to the public and even to other Nobles as well.

However, the current Zoller Household was anything but the serious, dangerous, and mysterious Household they showed to the public. 

Right now, the direct line of the Zoller Dukedom was celebrating because the Mistress of the Zoller House, Elizabeth Zoller, was pregnant. 

On a large, extravagant bed lay a beautiful woman who didn’t look a day over 30. She had long black hair and brown eyes. She had fair skin, but she didn’t look pale. 

She was wearing casual clothes as she had just finished a check-up with the doctor. 

“Congratulations, Mrs. Elizabeth! It seems you are pregnant. The baby is as healthy as can be. Just be sure to take the proper nutrition and try not to do anything too strenuous. After around nine months, your baby should be born.”

The doctor announced, which caused a large smile to form on Elizabeth’s face and small tears to gather in the corner of her eyes.

“Thank you, doctor. I will be sure to keep that in mind. However, this isn’t my first pregnancy. I have given birth to three other kids, after all.”

“I understand. I was just giving you a friendly reminder. Well, I don’t want to keep you away from your family for too long, so I’ll take my leave now. I’m sure your husband will be happy to hear the good news.”

The doctor smiled at Elizabeth, packed his stuff, and left the room.

Elizabeth got up and made herself a bit more presentable before leaving the room to look for her husband. Naturally, she wanted to let him know of the good news. 

She quickly walked toward his office and gently knocked on the door.

“Come in.”

A deep, masculine voice came from the other side of the room. Elizabeth opened the door and saw her husband sitting at his desk. 

The man in front of her was around 185 Centimeters tall. He had blazing red hair, sharp eyebrows, dark red eyes, and a muscular build. He exuded a fierce but confident aura that would make him a perfect commander on the battlefield.

This man is Elizabeth’s husband and current Head of the Zoller Household, Cain Zoller! 

Elizabeth swayed over to Cain alluringly in hopes of getting his attention, but he was too absorbed in his work to notice her, or it might be correct to say he noticed her, but he was too busy to look up.

Elizabeth didn’t mind this as she knew just how hard her Husband worked for their family. In fact, she would be working almost as hard as him if she didn’t have a check-up with the doctor. 

Soon, she walked behind Cain and wrapped her arms over his shoulders and onto his chest. She moved her face onto his shoulder and whispered, “I bring good news, Dear.”

She said seductively. Cain trembled a bit before controlling himself and finishing up his work. She chuckled lightly and waited for him to respond, but she didn’t have to wait long.

“Really? What news have you brought this time, Honey?”

Cain finally spoke in a deep and somewhat husky voice.

Elizabeth’s smile grew slightly, and she teased him a bit.

“Muu~ I guess my hubby only cares about work now that he’s the head of the Household. Did you already forget what today was?”

She spoke in a somewhat dispirited voice that, although fake, seemed all too real. 

Naturally, she succeeded in teasing her husband as she felt him freeze up for a second before returning to normal.

“Wasn’t the doctor stopping by to check your health? ”

That’s when Elizabeth realized she forgot to inform her husband of the reason for this check-up, but she quickly recovered and continued to tease him a bit before finally revealing the good news.

“That’s not it, Little Cain. You’ve been so wild during our nightly sessions that I had to ensure my hips weren’t out of place. You really are a naughty boy for treating a little lamb like me so roughly~.”

She said while tracing his abs and chest, which caused him to shiver a bit. However, Elizabeth could see the wheels turning in his brain as he put two and two together. 

Good news…

Saw a doctor…

Wild Se-*Ahem* nights…

It didn’t take him long to form a conclusion…

“You’re pregnant?!”

Cain exclaimed as he turned to look at this beloved wife. He saw her nod with a bright smile on her face, and he immediately got up from his chair and hugged his wife as he picked her up and twirled her around in the air.

He was so happy that he completely forgot about his work, unconsciously deciding to spend the rest of the day with his wife. 

‘I’ll have to take care of and protect my wife during this sensitive time period!’ 

Cain’s brain immediately started working on ways he could make things easier for his wife during her pregnancy so that she could give birth to a healthy baby.

Elizabeth knew exactly what he was thinking because this had happened 3 other times as well, but it was not like she disliked it. 

This was his way of showing his love and care for his family, and she didn’t want to undermine his good intentions by saying something like, “I don’t need your help” or “You can just let the maids do it”. 

In fact, this is part of the reason she loves him so much.

“We’ll have to tell the kids when they return home from school!” 

Cain said before he picked her up in a princess carry and brought her to a different room so he could pamper her. 

Elizabeth, on the other hand, had a slightly red face but not out of embarrassment. She always loves it whenever he holds her like this…

88