Chapter 10-Making Preparations Part 2
2.1k 3 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life returned to normal after Elizabeth’s discovery. However, if someone really wanted to analyze their behavior, they would find a few things that might be considered unusual. 

First, Elizabeth stopped seeing the doctor. 

Second, Elizabeth stopped meeting, talking, or even video chatting with people other than her immediate family. 

Lastly, Elizabeth and Cain spent more time in their private workshop than anywhere else in the house. 

Sometimes the two of them might even disappear for a few days at a time whenever they entered the workshop. Nobody knew what they were doing there, not even Adam, Nathan, or Olivia.

All they knew was that they weren’t supposed to enter there until further notice, but they weren’t too bothered by this. 

To everyone else, these actions didn’t mean anything. Cultivators at Cain and Elizabeth's level didn’t need to see a doctor to understand the condition of their bodies and, in Elizabeth’s case, the state of her baby. 

Elizabeth not talking to anyone other than her immediate family can just be said as Cain being too overprotective, or maybe she just wasn’t feeling well. Anyways, there could be several reasons for this. 

As for the two of them spending excessive time in the workshop? 

Everyone will think they want to make something special for their upcoming baby. 

In fact, that’s what the other kids thought as well because the three of them received handmade gifts from their parents the day they were born.

These actions seemed perfectly normal to the outside world, but only Cain and Elizabeth knew the real reason for this. 

They didn’t want to take any chances of having their unborn baby’s talent discovered. 

Although it would be extremely difficult to discover such a thing, the two of them can easily prevent most people in the country from spying on them. One can never be too careful. 

Who knows who’s hiding in the shadows, looking for any potential weakness to exploit? 

The Zoller Household may be a relatively recluse and mysterious Noble Household, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have their fair share of enemies, both in and out of the country. 

That being said, Cain and Elizabeth were really overreacting quite a bit. 

Sure, they have a number of enemies that are most likely keeping track of their movements. Hell, they are sure their allies are keeping track of them as well, but that doesn’t mean they are watching and analyzing their every move or peeking in on Elizabeth’s unborn baby. 

Not only would that alert Elizabeth that someone is watching her, but what would even be the point of doing so? 

Nobody would ever do such a thing because it’s already hard enough for someone to peak at another person’s Mana Pathways and Core at a distance. 

However, trying to examine a baby that’s still in the womb, especially since the owner of that womb is a relatively powerful person, is nothing more than foolish!

But it’s not like all of this secrecy was worthless. 

By being this cautious, they can prevent any possible leaks until they’ve prepared the necessary items to hide their child’s talent, which in and of itself isn’t bad. 

What neither Elizabeth, Cain, nor Mika knew was that this was all designed by the System. 

Not only is the Zoller Family full of strong people, but they all feel a strong sense of kinship. 

The chances of Mika just being born in this family are higher than in average families. Not to mention that because of the Zoller’s extreme belief in familial bonds, Mika can have a safe place for her talent to blossom.

Although the System can’t predict everything and certainly can’t predict the future, it can make highly accurate assumptions based on past experiences. Thus, the System has deemed this route the most beneficial to Mika, giving her the highest chances of survival in her early years.

Without knowing the actual reason behind Mika’s birth, Cain and Elizabeth went about their days like normal.

***

Almost four months passed in the blink of an eye for Cain and Elizabeth as they both spent most of their time preparing for the birth of their ultra-talented baby.

Cain had spent countless days in his workshop and produced several devices to hide her cultivation and talent, from hair clips to necklaces to dresses and even diapers. 

He made many items that could be used to conceal her cultivation and Mana Circuit. 

The strongest is actually a necklace he’ll have his child wear all the time. 

This necklace is not only an artifact that can prevent someone’s consciousness from searching her body, but it also contains a large number of nanobots that can wrap around the child’s clothes and make it look like she doesn’t have Mana Pathways or a Mana Core.

When she gets a bit older and shows off some of her talents, the device will only reveal a relatively normal Mana Circuit.

Needless to say, the man has been busy, and because of this, his child will have an entire wardrobe worth of clothes and accessories until she gets a bit older. 

Also, he may have *Ahem* taken a sneak peek at the gender of his unborn baby and found out he’s going to have another daughter! 

What? You can’t blame the guy! Although he’s a loving and overprotective Husband and Father, that doesn’t mean he wants to spend all day and night producing items for both genders! 

Unfortunately for him, Elizabeth found out as soon as she noticed him making only female accessories and clothes.

Luckily, she wasn’t too upset. He just had to relinquish his right to name the child, but he wasn’t too sad about this. Elizabeth has always been the one to come up with the names, and he’s had no complaints so far. 

On the other hand, Elizabeth was busy doing three things these last four months, eating, meditating, and sleeping. 

In fact, she barely had any time for anything else other than those three things. 

It wasn’t so bad in the first or second month, but during the third and fourth months, her baby was consuming mana and nutrients like a black hole! 

Some days she’d be forced to eat 10-15 meals daily to sustain her unborn child’s appetite. 

Meditating also became necessary since her child was sucking more and more mana from her as time passed. 

This was already weird, as none of her other children ever took her mana from her when growing in her belly, but it wasn’t the strangest thing she’s seen over the last four months.

She’s been observing her baby every day for the last four months, trying to figure out where all of this mana and nutrients were going, and while she knew that it was making her baby stronger, she knew that was just part of it. 

However, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t figure out what else was happening. 

She guessed it was changing her bone and muscle structure and maybe even going so far as to change her child’s body on a genetic level, improving its strength and potential, but it’s impossible to confirm those conjectures. 

Well, not exactly impossible, but she’d definitely have to see an experienced doctor or go to a lab that can confirm her suspicions. 

However, she would never do something like that as it could potentially harm her child in the future.

All she knew was that whatever was happening was good, but that didn’t stop her from worrying. 

At least she could tell her baby was alive and well with all the kicking and squirming it’s been doing over the last four months. It’s just… sometimes she found her child’s movements a bit odd. 

Believe it or not, she had a sinking suspicion that her child was trying to swing a sword, knife, or something along those lines. 

She could be wrong and felt like she was most likely projecting her expectations of her child’s talent onto the unborn baby. 

Still, Elizabeth saw her child making similar movements at specific intervals, almost like her child was on a clock. But it was still a baby and would basically perform these kicks or hits once or twice and then get tired before doing it again a few hours later.

Elizabeth could only shrug off these thoughts as she knew it was almost time for her to give birth.

A few more days passed by quickly, and on this particular day, it had been exactly four months since Mika formed her Mana Pathways and Mana Core and lost consciousness. 

Almost immediately, Mika’s consciousness returned to her body, and she heard the familiar sound of her System. While at the same time, Elizabeth’s water broke, and she knew it was finally time to give birth to her fourth child!

95