Chapter 12-Family Time Part 1
2.1k 9 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A/N: Let me differentiate my use of quotes before going any further. 

“*...*”= Mika doesn’t know what they are saying

‘...’= Someone’s inner thoughts

“...”= Either Mika isn’t there to listen in, or Mika understands what they’re saying.

Thank you for reading.]

A few hours went by until Mika eventually woke up. The first thing she noticed was that she was starving! 

She didn’t even need to think about why she was so hungry. 

One, she’s a newborn baby. Two, she’s a baby that has reached the First Realm of Body Cultivation. 

Her body not only needs plenty of energy and nutrients to grow, but it needs even more because she’s much stronger than other human babies.

She looked around to see if she could find her new Mother to let her know that she was hungry, but what she found instead was the most beautiful person she’s ever seen! 

Mika realized this face looked familiar, and almost instantly, she remembered that this person had been there right after she was born. 

Putting two and two together, Mika knew that this beautiful woman must be her new Mother, but she still couldn’t believe how pretty she looked!

Mika can’t be blamed for being stunned by her Mother’s beauty, though. 

She lived in a world without Mana and cultivation. Sure, there was makeup and various other cosmetics, but back in her time, these things could only alter one’s appearance so much. 

An ugly person would still be an ugly person, even with makeup.

As for most of the men she encountered, they were warriors who weren’t overly concerned with their appearance since they lived in a time of war and death.

What would she even know about beauty? Not only did she barely care about her appearance, but most of the people she interacted with didn’t either. 

However, her new Mother was different. She clearly wasn’t wearing any makeup, and Mika understood that even if she was wearing makeup, her new Mother was still a goddess-level beauty.

Mika couldn’t continue following this train of thought as she soon felt her stomach screaming at her to eat something. 

At this point, Mika felt uncomfortable and wasn’t sure what to do. 

She could see that her new Mother was still sleeping, but that wasn’t exactly the problem. 

The problem was she really didn’t want to start crying to get her new Mother’s attention! 

She still has the mentality of a 45-year-old woman who has lived a life full of hardships. How can she possibly allow herself to cry so that she can get some food?!

Impossible!

She still has her pride not only as a swordsman but as a mature woman as well, even if she is in the form of a newborn baby right now.

She might have cried right after coming out of the womb, but that was just a fluke! She didn’t have complete control over her body yet. 

She’s spent the last 9 months in someone else's body as a fetus and couldn’t use her vocal cords during this time. 

However, now that she’s fully awake and has some control over her body, she can naturally prevent her bodily instincts from forcing her to cry for food.

Okay, maybe these were excuses, but she still refused to cry for food!

So, instead of crying, Mika decided to poke her new Mother’s face until she woke up and fed her. She can only hope that her new Mother understands her intentions.

Mika lifted her chubby baby arm until it reached her Mother’s cheek and then poked it. 

She patiently looked at her new Mother to see if that was enough to wake her up, but clearly, it didn’t, as her eyes stayed shut. 

So, with some hesitation, Mika repeatedly poked her Mother in the face.

Elizabeth slowly woke up and instantly realized that she must have fallen asleep after giving birth to her daughter, Mika. She was about to get up when she felt something poking her cheek. 

She looked down and noticed that it was her now wide-awake newborn daughter doing the poking. 

At this point, Elizabeth was slightly confused. Why was her daughter poking her? Aren’t babies supposed to cry when they need something?

Mika noticed her Mother was finally awake and was now looking at her, so she stopped poking her cheek. 

She stared back at her Mother in hopes that she understood that she needed something, but seeing her Mother looking at her in confusion, Mika knew that her Mother clearly didn’t know what to do. So, she did the only thing she could do in this situation.

She began poking her cheek again!

Elizabeth snapped out of her confusion when she felt her daughter poking her again, except this time, she saw a trace of hunger in her daughter’s eyes. 

Now, she understood! Her daughter was hungry! However, she was still confused about why she was poking her instead of crying.

In the end, she decided not to think about it too much. She just chuckled and pulled down one of the shoulders of her already loose robe.

“*Are you hungry, my dear?*”

Mika had no idea what she had just said, but it seemed like her Mother finally understood that she needed something, and seeing her Mother pull down a side of her robe to reveal one of her breasts, she knew her Mother finally understood her intention!

Although she felt a bit reluctant to suckle on her Mother’s breast as a mentally 45-year-old woman, she’s done worse things to survive. 

Seeing her daughter had finally stopped poking her and was now looking at her breast, Elizabeth chuckled lightly and brought Mika’s mouth to her nipple. 

“*There you go, sweetie. Drink as much as you want.*”

After mulling it over for a few moments, Mika finally let go of her inhibitions and just let her baby instincts take over as she began to suckle on her Mother. 

The two stayed like this for almost 2 hours, which wasn’t too shocking to Elizabeth since she knew that her child would require more nutrients. It still surprised her as she thought her milk would be nutritious enough that her baby would only need to feed for around 30 minutes. 

Elizabeth almost thought she might need to buy milk from the store, so she didn’t have to spend many hours per day breastfeeding, but she immediately rejected that idea. 

In the end, she just resigned to being a milk machine for at least the next 6 months. 

How can she allow her precious baby to drink anything other than her milk? To Elizabeth, this is one of her greatest joys as a Mother. 

Elizabeth then noticed that her baby had finally stopped drinking her milk and had fallen asleep. She lifted her robes so she was no longer half-naked and carried Mika with her to see the rest of the family.

It didn’t take her long to find her family eating dinner together. She let out a smile and decided to join them. 

She thought about putting Mika in a different room and letting her sleep, but she dismissed that idea as she wasn’t ready to part with her baby just yet. She also knew her family wouldn’t be too loud so as not to wake up the baby.

When she entered the dining room, her family immediately noticed her and stopped whatever they were doing to get a closer look at the baby.

“This is your new Little Sister, Mika Zoller. I just finished feeding her, so she should be knocked out for a while, but try to keep your voices down just in case.”

Adam, Nathan, and Olivia looked at Mika with stars in their eyes as they wondered how it was possible for a baby to be so cute!

Olivia was the first to speak up and looked at her Mother with pleading eyes.

“Can I hold her? Please, Mom! She’s just so cute that I don’t think I can contain myself any longer. I promise I won’t drop her.”

Elizabeth stared at her daughter before revealing a gentle smile and nodding. 

“Sure, just be careful.”

Elizabeth carefully and reluctantly passed Mika into Olivia’s arms as the latter gently cradled the newborn baby.

“Wow~ She’s a lot heavier than I thought she would be, but she’s so soft and squishy.”

“Well, from what I could tell, she should weigh around 7 to 8 kilograms, maybe more.”

Elizabeth chimed in, which shocked the rest of her family.

“That much!? Is Mika really okay? Isn’t that, like, over twice the weight of a normal baby? No, isn’t that twice the weight of a baby already on the heavier side? What the heck did you feed her, Mom?”

Olivia asked back with shock and concern written all over her face. Elizabeth chuckled at her daughter since she knew that Olivia had spent quite a bit reading about newborns and young children over the last 9 months.

“Fufufu~ You’re correct that she is definitely quite a bit overweight, but she is, in fact, quite healthy. Actually, that would be an understatement. She probably couldn’t be any healthier. Your Little Sister has quite a strong body, you see. Her current body might almost be as strong as yours, Olivia,” Elizabeth chuckled as she found the changing expressions on Olivia’s face quite comical.

She might’ve exaggerated a bit, but that was for a good reason. This was a little test she wanted to give Olivia and also a warning. 

She not only wanted to see how this playful daughter of hers would handle having a sibling more talented than her. 

She also wanted to let her know that if she doesn’t start taking things a bit more seriously, she’ll fall behind her little sister, who is almost 12 years younger than her.

She was pleasantly surprised to see that Olivia had no emotions like jealousy, anger, envy, greed, or anything like that towards her little sister and was just shocked by what her mother said. 

Elizabeth could even see a trace of happiness flash across her eyes, probably at the thought of finally having someone to play with that could match her strength and talent. 

Although, unlike her other siblings, Olivia hasn’t started cultivating her body or created her Mana Pathways just yet; she’s not the daughter of a Duke for nothing. She has a constant supply of highly nutritious food that can elevate one’s strength without having to cultivate. 

Thus, even without any cultivation, she’s much stronger than an average kid her age.

It’s only natural that no other children her age, or even those older than her who have yet to begin cultivating, can’t face her in battle, nor can they enjoy any sort of physical activity with her. 

Though Olivia knows she’s not the most talented person that humanity has to offer, she’s definitely one of the most talented people in her generation.

Why would she be mad that she has a talented younger sibling when all of her siblings are talented? To her, it’s only natural that her younger sister is also extremely talented. 

Though it seems she might have to train hard so that when she can finally play with Mika, she won’t be the one being bullied when the time comes.

What she didn’t know and what Elizabeth left out on purpose was that Mika’s current body is definitely stronger than Olivia’s. If the two were the same age right now, Olivia would find it exceedingly difficult to scratch Mika, even if Mika just stood there without trying to defend herself.

Adam and Nathan were even more stunned when they heard their Mother’s high appraisal of Mika, but when they saw the look in her eyes, they understood that she was most likely exaggerating most of it. 

They let out a simultaneous sigh of relief, knowing that their new Little Sister isn’t that much of a monster right out of the womb. While they wouldn’t be upset if Mika were more talented than them, it would still leave a bitter taste in their mouths, knowing how large of a gap in talent there is between them and her.

However, Cain knew why Mika weighed so much more than a normal baby, as he and Elizabeth had discussed this issue for the last 4 months. 

He knew Mika was probably a never-before-seen talent in both Mana Cultivation and Body Cultivation. 

He had a bit more of an understanding of physiques, bone structures, genetic enhancements, and things of that nature compared to his wife, and when he did a quick inspection of Mika right after she was born, he knew right then and there that her body was exceptional. 

To what extent, exactly? He wasn’t sure, but if her body talent were anything like her Mana Cultivation talent, then she would basically be invincible against those in the same Realm as her as long as she learns how to fight and gets some experience under her belt.

The family quickly moved on from this conversation as Mika ended up being passed around to the rest of her family. A few hours went by just like that, and Mika woke up again as she felt her stomach screaming at her telling her that she needed to eat something. 

She looked around, hoping to find her Mother but was stunned once again by the number of overly attractive people looking at her! 

Before, Mika only thought that maybe it was just her Mother who was crazy attractive, but apparently, she was wrong! The whole damn family was attractive. 

She knew it was her family because everyone around her looked the same. She could see the man she assumed to be her Father while sitting next to him were 2 teenage boys and an adolescent girl who looked almost exactly like him.

When she first woke up, she just wanted to find her Mother so she could feed her, but now she decided to put that on hold for a few minutes to officially meet her new family. 

Mika then noticed something was off about the three children. Hell, even her Father looked a bit off. They were all staring at her with wide eyes, bright smiles, and expressions that basically screamed, ‘Oh my god! She’s so cute! I want to hold her!’. 

Well, she wasn’t wrong because that’s exactly what they were thinking.

“*Oh my god!*”

“*She’s so cute!*”

“*Look at her pitch-black eyes! They contrast amazingly with her bright red hair!*”

“*I know, right? But why are her eyes black? I don’t remember anyone in our family having black eyes.*”

“*Who cares? It could be a genetic mutation, or maybe she just inherited something that goes way back in our family history.*”

“*That’s true. Well, it’s not like I’m complaining. She looks more adorable this way.*”

“*She’s looking at me! Ahhh! I just want to pick her up and hold her!*”

“*Hey, Mom? Why isn’t she crying? Aren’t babies supposed to cry when they wake up or need something?*”

“*This… I’m not sure, but when she woke up earlier, she also didn’t cry when she was hungry and just kept poking me in the face. Maybe she’s not much of a crier? So long as she’s healthy, does it really matter?*”

“*I… I guess not. You’re right, Mom. As long as she’s healthy, then who cares if she doesn’t cry? I also read that some babies don’t cry unless they really need something. Maybe Mika is more of a silent type?*”

“*Fufu~ It’ll be a nice change of pace if that really is the case. I remember a certain daughter of mine always crying and screaming about every little thing when they were little. Hehe~*”

“*Mom!! Is it really necessary to bring that up?!*”

“Hahaha!”

Listening to her new family chatting with each other like this gave Mika the impression that her new family might be very similar to her past life’s family. One full of love and care toward one another. 

Although she can tell that her new family is much higher on the social ladder than her previous family, it seems her new family didn’t lose their values and understands that no matter what, blood runs thicker than water.

Mika wanted to continue observing her family, but when she felt the familiar sensation in her stomach, she knew she couldn’t wait much longer before her body started to cry. 

She looked over at her Mother and raised her arms while looking at her with the same expression she had given her a few hours ago.

Elizabeth saw this scene and wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry since it seemed like her little girl really only thought of her as nothing more than a milk machine. She shook her head and chuckled to herself at such a silly thought before walking over to Mika, picking her up, and taking her to another room to feed.

The rest of the family laughed at this scene while also feeling a bit of pity for Elizabeth since they knew she’d be occupied with feeding the baby for the next few hours.

They all said their goodbyes to one Elizabeth as they’ll probably be busy doing other things by the time she’s done feeding the baby, and they were right. 

Mika drank her Mother’s milk for almost 2 straight hours before falling back asleep. Elizabeth gave a gentle smile before she chose to do the same. She was still exhausted after being pregnant and giving birth to such a voracious baby.

88