Chapter 27-Emergency Mission Part 5
1.7k 8 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back to where the King and the other nobles were, the battle between them and the voidlings peaked.

Not long after Elizabeth left to find the kids, the number of humanoid voidlings that appeared started decreasing, and with how quickly the Nobles were killing them, it wouldn’t be long before there were no more voidlings in the castle.

Unfortunately for them, the destruction to the city caused by the voidlings had already reached a critical level as more and more citizens were dying. The City Guards, Castle Knights, Law Enforcers, and others who were stationed around the city tried to prevent as many people from dying as possible, but that was easier said than done.

The voidlings attacked with no intentions in mind, just needless destruction. Something that the protectors of the city weren’t trained for. However, that didn’t mean they were useless. They still banded together to create safe zones while slowly whittling down the enemy’s numbers in a more structured manner.

Thousands of voidlings continued to fall from the sky every second, wreaking havoc in the city. As much as the protectors helped add some order to the chaos, they weren’t nearly as strong as the nobles and, thus, couldn’t kill the enemies fast enough. 

Luckily, the battle between the Nobles and the voidlings was swiftly coming to an end, or who knows what kind of damage the voidlings might be able to cause to the City.

A few minutes later, the King swung his spear and decapitated the last voidling in the vicinity, but he was far from happy. The deep frown on his face and the intimidating aura he released made it evident that he was angry.

The King looked up at the sky and noticed that it was clear. No spatial rift, no voidlings, nothing. It’s like nothing ever happened. 

However, despite that, he could see millions of voidlings running around on the ground, slaughtering his citizens and destroying his city!

Watching this scene made him grip his spear tighter as he trembled in rage!

The King stood looking over his city, watching it get ravaged by monsters, and took a deep breath before he released his booming voice!

"My fellow warriors, today we face a great threat, an invasion of monsters that seek to destroy our kingdom and everything we hold dear! But know this, we will not go down quietly! The might of Elysium is not something that a few monsters can tramble upon!”

For generations, our kingdom has stood strong against all threats, and we will continue to do so! We have faced challenges much more difficult than this before and have emerged victorious! We have faced foes that seemed unbeatable and defeated them! Today, we stand on the brink of another challenge, one that will end in our victory yet again!

Our enemies may be strong, but we are stronger. They may be fierce, but we are fiercer. They may have the advantage of numbers, but we have the advantage of intelligence and camaraderie! Do not let fear or doubt cloud your mind. These are nothing more than mindless beasts who destroy without reason! Fight with all of your hearts, and emerge victorious!

So let us rally together, my fellow warriors. Let us stand shoulder to shoulder and show our enemies what it means to face the might of the greatest kingdom in the world!

Let us march into the heat of battle with our heads held high and hearts aflame. Let us show our enemies what it means to be a warrior of our kingdom. And let us emerge victorious, not just for ourselves, but for all that we hold dear."The King’s voice boomed for all to hear, reaching the ends of the city.

“YES, YOUR MAJESTY!”

“YES, YOUR MAJESTY!”

“YES, YOUR MAJESTY!”

The whole city cried out with overflowing determination as their king finally made his appearance! 

As soon as they accepted the King finished his speech, the Nobles immediately left the room they were in to help out the people of Avalon. Some people ran and jumped straight off the floating island and flew down, while others used a special portal in the Palace.

This portal had no other functions than to bring the people on the floating island down to the ground and vice versa.

Meanwhile, the people in the city heard their King’s voice, and their morale was immediately boosted.

“It’s the King!! The King is finally coming down!”

“Hold on for just a few more minutes, brothers!! The King and the other Nobles are coming down to give us a hand! As long as we can hang on for a few more minutes, we’ll be saved!”

“Long live, His Majesty!!”

“Long live, His Majesty!!”

The people of Avalon began fighting with more fervor as it seemed that not all hope was lost.

They knew their King and the other Nobles were more than capable enough of turning the situation around. It’s not like this was Elysium’s first war, yet Elysium still stood tall.

The main reason for this is the King and the Noble families.

They are the Country’s strongest fighters, and if they were to group up, they could slaughter armies by themselves. The Knights and Mages under them were equally important as they made up most of the fighting force in the Kingdom, but everyone knew that the nobles were the backbone.

By this point, most citizens knew that although the voidlings were tough and pretty much impervious to magical attacks, they weren’t too strong individually.

It was the voidling’s numbers and the surprise element that caught Avalon off guard and allowed them to kill and destroy a good chunk of the city.

As long as the people in the city could organize under someone’s command and know how to deal with the enemy, they’d be able to fight back against the invaders.

That’s where the nobles came in. 

While everyone else had jumped down to the city, including the King, one person stayed behind. This person was Cain.

Normally, the man would make his way toward the city along with the other Nobles, but he had another job.

Part of the reason he stayed behind even in a time like this is that it was not time for the Zoller Family to make their official appearance to the world. Right now, the world was watching them. It was impossible for Elysium to hide the invasion of its capital city from the eyes of the world. 

So, whatever he did would be shown to the Kingdom’s enemies, something he couldn’t accept!

Who knows what kind of rumors might spread or if any spies in the country are trying to use the chaos to gather information?

The Zoller Family had always been mysterious, not only to the people of Elysium but to outsiders as well, and it was best they keep it that way for as long as possible. The King noticed that Cain stayed behind, but he didn’t say anything. 

They both knew that he wouldn't make much of a difference, even if he were down there, helping the citizens. All the other nobles could handle the rest of the voidlings just fine.

He couldn’t even use his magical abilities, which he was so proud of, and could only resort to his commanding and leadership skills!

However, plenty of people among the nobles have great commanding skills and also use cold weapons.

There was simply no need for him to be there.

Cain had a separate job to do, and this was the perfect time to complete it!

“Tell Elizabeth to take the children to a safe house until this whole thing blows over,” The King said to Cain, “Also, be sure to weed out as many rats as you can during this invasion.”

Cain bowed, “Yes, Your Majesty.” Then, he turned around and left to find Elizabeth.

He could sense that Elizabeth was still in the castle and swiftly made his way to her. 

Only a few seconds passed before he appeared right in front of her and his kids, but as one of the strongest beings in the Country, he knew something was wrong as soon as he showed up.

Disregarding the terrified children and the dead voidlings around them, he looked around as if searching for something. However, no matter how hard he looked, he couldn’t find it, causing him to frown deeply.

“Father!”

“Father!”

“Cain!!”

Elizabeth, carrying Olivia and Akira, Adam, and Nathan, shouted and immediately appeared by his side. 

Cain immediately noticed that someone was missing, but before he could speak, Elizabeth grabbed his hands and looked directly into his eyes. Her eyelids trembled as tears threatened to fall, but she held them back and quickly explained to her husband what he needed to know.

“Dear, Mika isn’t here right now. I don’t know where she is currently. All I know is what Mika told me. Here are her exact words [Mom! Please save Akira Raven! I don’t know where I’m teleporting to, but I love you, and we’ll see each other again!]. She vanished right after saying that.” Elizabeth tried to explain, but her body trembled with every word. She then went on to explain the rest of the situation as well.

Her heart clenched as she watched her husband's expression sink as she felt his unending worry for his daughter.

Cain took a few deep breaths to calm his nerves as he didn’t want to get too emotional in front of his family and the other kids around them. He can save that for when he’s alone…

Right now, he needs to be his wife’s pillar of support. Only he knew just how much she loved her children, and seeing her daughter disappear right before her eyes probably caused her unimaginable pain and guilt.

“I promise we will find her when this is all over, but we'll discuss this in more detail after everything settles down. For now, all we can do is trust in Mika," Cain hugged his wife and whispered. 

"We’ll have to see the Raven family and inform them about their child. I also have a message from the King for you. He said to bring the children to the safe house during this invasion. As for me, I have another job to do, so I’m afraid I can’t go with you.” Cain said slowly as he reigned in his emotions. 

Elizabeth nodded, returned the hug, and kissed him on the cheek before taking the children to their next destination.

Cain's expression crumpled as soon as she left, and his eyes glistened. He refused to let his wife and family see him in such a vulnerable state, as he needed to be their rock in these turbulent times. However, he'd be lying if he said he was fine.

He wanted nothing more than to rush out of this castle and begin searching for her, but doing that would be nothing more than searching for a needle in a planet-sized haystack.

Although he didn’t know where Mika was ‘teleported’ to, he couldn’t sense her anywhere in the castle or near the city. So, either she died or was teleported somewhere far away. His instincts told him that it was the latter.

Knowing that Mika said she was fine did bring some comfort to him, though, as he didn’t even entertain the possibility of her being dead. 

Searching for her, especially in chaotic times like this, was nothing more than wishful thinking. He needed to wait until things had settled down before he could start scouring the planet for traces of his children.

He just needed to finish his mission and reunite with his wife and sons. Then he could start searching for his daughter.

Thinking about his mission, his eyes turned cold and vanished.

62