Chapter 2: Deal!
1.1k 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Arendelle. 

The name gave off a feeling of something fresh and heartwarming. You had a hunch that you definitely knew how the place looks, but all attempts to visualize it were futile.

The only thing you were certain of is that the place is somewhat familiar. More than others at least. So that's why you've chosen this path. 

The path itself was indistinguishable from the others. Though, over time, scenery started to change. More and more trees. Before you knew it, you ended up in a dense forest. 

...

Hours have passed. Up to this moment, you haven't met a single living creature. Up until now you had no clue whether there were any. But your doubts cleared as you heard a familiar, human voice.

“Wait, I'll comply! ... GKHAA?!” 

The sound was nearby and you figured that coming any closer will most likely lead to something bad. You saw 3 armed men staying near fancy looking carriage. Each of them had a sword and you could swear that they were bloodied. Seeing bodies(corpses) of people lying on the ground it was clear what exactly had happened.

But before you could flee or at least hide, one of the men saw you. He said something to the other two and leisurely headed towards your direction.

You weren't sure what to do cause it would be hard to escape. The distance wasn't that big. And taking into account the horses, which were tied to the carriage, you had very low chance of running away. 

Feigning composure, you waited for the inevitable conversation. You hoped they would at least talk to you.

The distance between you and them shortened in a blink of an eye. The one who noticed you before, the man with the most picturesque appearance among the three examined you from head to toe and then spoke.

“Paulo I presume?”

The moment you heard what he said a sparkle of hope lit up within you. You pulled on a sly smile and answered.

“Depends on who is asking.”

The man grinned, nodded his head, then gave your clothes another glance. 

“Is that how nobles dress nowadays? Too bizarre for my taste.” He said, pointing at my tad bit worn out suit.

You shrugged.

“What the peacock has too little on his head, he has too much on his tail.” You blurted out.

“Pha! Pretty accurate definition.” The man agreed, “Whatever, as long as you do your part of a deal.” 

He turned around then waved toward the carriage.

“Everything is ready. Take us to the coronation and after we are done you'll have your share.”

“Sure thing.” You smiled while following behind, cold sweat running down your back. 

As you approached the carriage you saw a man and a knight(?) lying on their own pool of blood. Seeing their clothes a greedy thought creeps into your head.

“Why didn't you take their clothes?” You ask, genuinely confused.

“They are of no use. And after this affair ends we won't have to worry about sustenance anymore.” One of the man replied.

“Ha ... Then if you guys don't mind ...” You joyfully approach the corpse of most likely a noble man and start undressing him. You wondered who you were before losing your memories – a scumbag? Looking at how things that should have bothered you do not affect you in any way it's not hard to make a conclusion.

The three men didn’t pay much attention to you, well maybe except giggling. Two of them sat on the front side of the carriage, managing the horses, while the man you spoke to first entered the carriage and invited you with his hand.

But as you stepped forward you saw yet another unexpected thing.

==

[You quickly dealt with sudden adversity using savvy.]

[Acting+]

[People are more likely to believe in your acting.]

==

==

[Choose your reward]:

1)[Physical Enhancement+]

2)[Magic Enhancement+]

3)[Appearance Enhancement++(Survival Rate-)]

==

Reward
  • Physical Enhancement+
  • Magic Enhancement+
  • Appearance Enhancement++(Survival Rate-)
Total voters: 13 · This poll was closed on Oct 12, 2019 08:25 AM.
8