Chapter 3: Escape
885 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It looked too futuristic. A screen floating in the mid air, following your sight. It wasn't transparent, but you could easily see through it, ignoring it's existence if you wanted. You were taken aback. But it took only a second for you to regain peace of mind. 

You entered the carriage and sat down near the man, gang leader it seems, showing no signs of fluster. You peeked at him wondering if he saw the screen too. But the man just smiled and looked back out the window.

Carriage set off and you leaned on your shoulder, deciding what to choose. The concept was pretty easy to comprehend. Successfully went through hardship – earned your prize. 

What was the most important at the moment? Strength? Looks? Or Magic?!

Let's start with magic, which actually is very tempting. The only problem is, will you be able to use it? And if yes, to what extent?

Will it help to escape from three armed men, who were obviously more physically prepared for combat than you were? You weren't sure.

Though, you also weren't sure whether [Physical Enhancement+] will make you strong enough. Still, it was safe route to choose. 

And of course [Appearance Enhancement++(Survival Rate-)]. You wanted to laugh reading this third option. Despite double pluses being present, there also were two other words with a minus at the end which gave a straight hint on why it is not the best option. A sudden change may frighten the guy next to you. That's a danger route you didn't want to choose.

So you tapped on the first option and the screen disappeared. You felt the changes shortly after. 

You weren't particularly fat, but your body wasn't fit either. But now your skin thinned, muscles become more distinct. You even became a little taller, your spine and neck straightened. Overall, you felt more healthy and it was nice. 

Though there wasn't any spectacular muscle growth you were sure your strength increased significantly.

...

It was getting dark. The group decided to stop for a rest. As you found out, Arendelle was just a few hours from where you were, just follow the path and you are there. 

You also found out a little bit more about the kingdom where you apparently were heading to. 

Arendelle, isolated from the world for a few years. The king and the queen went for a trip but never came back. The only heirs left were two little girls. Elsa and Anna. And again, some obscure memories surfaced. They were too unclear to rely on. At the level of instincts you had good impression of them.

‘I'll see them sooner or later’ you thought. 

Then you remembered the group you were traveling with. After eating, they decided to sleep leaving one man on a watch. 

That was a great chance. Though you had to deal with at least one man. How, that was a question. Sneak out? Three men sleeping in the carriage, two at the sides and one on the floor. Doors closed. While the man on watch is sitting outside. What were the chances?

But what other options do you have?

You...
  • Try to flee as silently as you can
  • Say that you want to pee and then flee
  • Try to rape watchman making sure no one wakes up
  • Kill the watchman and then escape
  • Kill everyone
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Oct 14, 2019 11:40 AM.
10