Chapter 22 – Willing to marry
6.7k 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Look at you.......   What are you talking about, child?”  Song Qing Lian held the hands of Hua Ming Zi and she was smiling so much that she could not even close her lips. 

She really likes this Hua Ming Zi.  Although she is shrewd, she still possesses innocence and natural feelings. This Hua Ming Zi has the intelligence of her eldest son and the liveliness of her younger son and if such a woman is married into the Ying Family, it is a blessing for the Family.

But it is unknown who will have this blessing.......

“Today, did my two children come to disturb you?”  Song Qing Lian asked.

“If you put it this way, I feel embarrassed because it is I, who is troubling the Ying Family.”

“Soon you will be a part of the Family.  It is not necessary to differentiate between the Ying Family and the Hua Family.”   Song Qing Lian looked at her and tried to probe further.

Hua Ming Zi did not know what to reply and just gently shook her head.  In her mind, involuntarily, the image of Ying Yan Long appeared. 

After that day, the two of them had not seen each other again.  No.......it is she who had not seen him but he had seen her.  According to Cui Yu, he had always come at ungodly hours of the night and he forbade the maid to wake her up.  He only came to just look at her before he was willing to leave.

If someone is to see him come to her bedchamber in the middle of the night, then will she be able to live?!

It was just that he was always busy with refining medicine and there was not even enough time for him to take a rest.  However, he had never missed a day to come and see her, so how can she not be moved?  But every time when she ponders over the relationship between her and him, and he had forbidden her to seek out Luo Ji Cai to settle scores with him, her heart would unconsciously be filled with complex feelings.

Song Qing Lian looked on as Hua Ming Zi’s smile gradually disappeared.  With a serious expression, Song Qing Lian asked her. 

“You know that I really hope you will marry into our Ying Family.  I want to ask you a private question.......you.......who would you like to marry?  Yan Long or Xue Wen?”

Hua Ming Zi gazed at the Old Madam’s kind face and she bit her lip lightly.

It is not that she does not understand the reason why Ying Xue Wen visits her every day.  She is the same age as him and she only regards him as her younger brother.......

“During the time when you were injured, I noticed the way my Family’s Yan Long treats you which is out of the ordinary.  The few days when you were seriously injured, his concern was written on his face.  If he does not like you then what does that mean?”  Song Qing Lian said.

“What Ying Dangjia needs is a woman who is educated and cultured, a woman who understands the Three Obedience and Four Virtues.  Because of my Hua Family, I have to show my face in public* to run my business.”  Hua Ming Zi began to feel a pain tugging in her heart.  

(Showing face in public means to work away from home i.e. in public.  In ancient times, this is taboo for the females in respectable families.  It is expected for women to stay at home away from the public eye and women who work in public are usually looked down upon by others.)

“I know this is because you have to take care of so many people in the Hua Family and you have used all your effort.  However, now your health is not like before and somehow you will have to let go.”  Song Qing Lian held Hua Ming Zi’s hands tightly.

“Such a good girl like you.......both Yan Long and Xue Wen like you.......and it is expected.  I am just afraid that for you to match up with Xue Wen.........with your intelligence, it is a grievance to you.” 

“He saved my life and I am indebted to him.”  Moreover, if she marries this person, she can still continue to manage the Hua Ji Restaurants, but.......

“It was Xue Wen’s wish to save you.  So it is not right to expect you to look after him for the rest of his life.”

“You.......want me to marry Ying Dangjia?  But I........”  Hua Ming Zi frowned and bit her lip.

“Unable to bear children?”

“Yes.......”  She forced herself to look at Song Qing Lian.

“If I say I don’t hope to hold a candy to tease my grandchildren* then it is definitely a lie.”  Song Qing Lian looked at the painful expression on Hua Ming Zi’s face.  Song Qing Lian stroked her head and said.  “It is only a matter of grandchildren, can this be forced?  During Yan Long’s previous marriage, he always quarreled with his wife.  I didn’t even dare to request for a grandchild.  Later, the two of them separated and then his ex-wife passed away.  Although their feelings for each other were not good, they were still husband and wife for a year.  He was very unhappy, so all this time, I never dared to urge him to remarry.  But now I can see Yan Long likes you, so I will not ask for anything else.  He is very busy with work and he works too hard.  If there is someone who can stay beside him, I can feel at ease and I won’t ask for anything more.  This is the heart of parents in the world*.” 

(Holding candy to tease grandchildren describes the joy of an elder playing with his grandchildren in his old age.)

(Heart of parents in the world means the feelings of love and care of all parents in the world for their children.)

When Hua Ming Zi heard Song Qing Lian’s soft words, her eyes brimmed with tears.

Song Qing Lian took out her handkerchief to help wipe her tears.  Then she added.  “In addition, if a child is born with virtue, it doesn’t matter who gave birth to the child.  If the child does not have virtue, so what if the child is related by blood?  Wouldn’t it be better to adopt one and educate the child?  It would indeed be a blessing for the Ying Family.”

Hua Ming Zi was so shocked that she was rendered speechless.  She could only look at the Old Madam and after a long time, she said. 

“You......are truly amazing.  Which prestigious family is not intent on leaving their wealth and power to their own descendants?”

“In fact, all these words were spoken by Ying Yan Long to me.  I find it was reasonable and so I remembered.  He had made so much preparation which shows his determination in marrying you.  So, are you willing to marry him?”  Song Qing Lian leaned forward and asked.

When Hua Ming Zi heard this, her nose started to feel sour.

Ying Yan Long is not a person who knew how to say nice words and he had also desperately prevented her from retaliating against Luo Ji Cai which made her eyes blazed with anger.  But he did not forget to continue to work on their marriage in between his busy schedules. 

According to the conditions he had previously put forth to her, he wanted to marry a woman who can assist her husband and educate her children, but now he had made such a big change just for her.......his intention was very obvious.  But if he really felt pity for her, why did he let Luo Ji Cai go unpunished?

Song Qing Lian looked at Hua Ming Zi’s expression as she struggled with her feelings and Song Qing Lian did not pressure nor force her.  Although both children were born by her and if she was Hua Ming Zi, she would have chosen Yan Long. 

After all, Yan Long and Hua Ming Zi, both of them have feelings for each other.

“I am only worried if you and Yan Long are together, Xue Wen will feel sad.”  Song Qing Lian sighed lightly.

“I and Second Young Master had only met for a short while.  I believe he is not strongly attached to me.”

“At this time, if we can introduce someone to Xue Wen to divert his attention, it will be so much better.”

In Hua Ming Zi’s mind, the image of Qian Ying Ying flashed through.  These two people, Qian Ying Ying and Ying Xue Wen are fond of liveliness and from young both of them had lived pampered lives.  Moreover, Ying Yue Wen has a good complexion which happens to be the kind that Qian Ying Ying likes.  In addition, with Ying Yan Long’s background and her pleasant words, Qian Dangjia should be acceptable to Ying Xue Wen.

“Madam, I will be very happy to introduce my good sister to Xue Wen, just that.......”

“Whatever you want to say, just tell me since I regard you as my future daughter-in-law.”  Song Qing Lian’s eyes lit up as she held Hua Ming Zi’s hands.

“The other family is very wealthy and runs a big business.  Except for a son and a daughter who are married, they only have this daughter who is still not married.  Therefore, they may want to see the Second Young Master with some achievements in his career.”

Ai.......this child is not interested in the matters of the Medical Hall.  Earlier on, I asked him to check on some medicinal herbs and he put up a face as if he was going to the guillotine.”  Song Qing Lian said with a bitter expression.

“I noticed Second Young Master has a lot of ideas about the matters concerning the restaurants.  Or else I can have a talk with Ying Dangjia and perhaps he might agree to allow his younger brother to follow me in the restaurant business.” 

If Xue Wen can take over some business matters from her, then it will also be a blessing for her.

“If you are willing, of course, it will be excellent!”  When Song Qing Lian said this, her smile became more brilliant.  “Then the marriage between you and Yan Long must be done with haste so that it is justifiable for you to keep your little brother-in-law by your side to teach him.”

In Hua Ming Zi’s life, there were not many times she had blushed but this time, her blush had spread up to her ears. 

Why is it that when the Old Madam said this, it seems as if she, Hua Ming Zi, cannot wait to be married into the family? 

She only wanted to find a way for Ying Xue Wen to retreat and make him stop being so attached to her.  Then she can.......

Marry Ying Yan Long without any worries!

Oh, God!  The more Hua Ming Zi thought, her face became redder.  Obviously, it was just a suggestion that was blurted out.  However, due to her calculative personality and her usual habit of planning ahead before she acts, so it all turned out that.......she........she had long harbored the thought of marrying Ying Yan Long in her heart.

“Hua Dangjia!   Hua Dangjia!”

Hua Ming Zi heard Ying Xue Wen shouting from the outside and raised her head to look at the door.

“This rash child, if you were resting and he is so noisy, is he not afraid he will disturb you?!”  Before Song Qing Lian had finished her words, Ying Xue Wen had burst into the bedchamber panting breathlessly.

10