Chapter 24 – Mei Yi Wen is critically ill
6.4k 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later, the Hua and Ying Families began to get busy with the preparations for the wedding.  Matchmaker Liu’s loud voice could almost be heard at least once a day in the Ying Mansion.  From the dowry to the wedding trousseau, to the wedding ceremony, her voice had never once ceased.

However, Hua Ming Zi’s health was still weaker than ordinary people and Ying Yan Long did not want her to be stressed.  So he only allowed her half a sichen every morning, afternoon and evening to handle her work.  Naturally, Matchmaker Liu was not allowed to disturb her. 

What Hua Ming Zi hates the most is that he controlled her like a child.  The people around her seemed to be like they were poisoned by Ying Yan Long.  Every time when the half a sichen is up, Cui Yu would fuss over her and urged her to take a rest.  Regardless of what she was doing at that time, Hua Ming Zi would be interrupted immediately.

She had tried to protest several times and as a result, she was invited to Ying Yan Long’s study where she was directly bundled up to sit on Ying Yan Long’s lap and forced to take a rest.  This way of forcing her to rest was so shameful that she did not know how to fight back.  In the end, she could only sulk and showed her anger to Cui Yu and the maids saying that they know only to eat within and crawl outside* and at the same time, she would also scold Ying Yan Long a few words for being so overbearing.

(Eat within and crawl outside describes the act of living or working with someone and secretly helping outsiders to obtain gains.)

Cui Yu had followed Hua Dangjia for so long, so can she not see her true feelings?  Moreover, when no one was around, Ying Dangjia would always hold Hua Dangjia’s hand making her scowl fiercely.  Her face and ears would turn red and she would have a powerless and pampered look and this look would always make Cui Yu and the maids feel very happy for her.

Their Dangjia had finally met someone who has shoulders, someone who can share the burden of responsibility with her.

As for Ying Xue Wen, after he had a private talk with his Elder Brother about the matter of Hua Ming Zi consuming the ‘Double Autumn’ Pill and that both of them were to be married soon, he locked himself in his courtyard.  For a few days, he did not say a word until his Mother made him invite Hua Dangjia’s god-sister, Qian Ying Ying to their Ying Mansion as a guest.  Only then did he regain some of his original appearance. 

Qian Ying Ying was impressed with the handsome Ying Xue Wen and in addition, Hua Ming Zi had the intention to match them up.  Actually, Qian Ying Ying had always been curious about the matters in the martial arts world and Ying Xue Wen also had knowledge in martial arts, so after a few meetings, as long as Qian Ying Ying was to take a step into Hua Ming Zi’s courtyard, a smiling Ying Xue Wen would appear. 

In Hua Ming Zi’s mind, she really thinks both of them are a suitable match.  After she is married to Ying Yan Long, she plans to train Ying Xue Wen to follow her and at the same time, she wants to ask Ying Xue Wen why he is always looking at her with sympathy in his eyes.

Why should he sympathize with her?  Although she is unable to bear children, she is going to be married and the person she is marrying is Ying Yan Long.

He is the person who can make her feel reassure and no one can be more reassuring than him.

Holding the warm hand stove and looking out of the window, the moment when she thought of Ying Yan Long, the corners of her lips rose slightly.  Then she immediately wrinkled her eyebrows and took a deep breath to suppress the inexplicable uneasiness in her heart.

Perhaps, it was because she was not accustomed to living such an easy life.  These few days, there seemed to be a feeling of restlessness in her heart.

She looked towards the door and thought of calling for Cui Yu to inform Steward You who was in charge of the Hua Ji Restaurants and Steward Wu who was in charge of the Hua Mansion to come over.  She planned to go over the matters regarding the Restaurants and the Mansion with them.

“Cui........”

“Elder Sister!”  Before Hua Ming Zi could finish her words, Qian Ying Ying who was fully adorned with pearls and emeralds had already entered the door and Cui Yu was following behind her.

“What’s the matter?”  Hua Ming Zi quickly sat up straight and then wrinkled her eyebrows when the wounds on her body caused her discomfort.

“Elder Sister, did you hear the news regarding Young Master Mei of Qingcheng Mountain Villa?”  Immediately, Qian Ying Ying sat down beside her and asked while panting breathlessly.

“What happened to Brother Mei?”  Hua Ming Zi seized Qing Ying Ying’s arm and asked urgently.

“Young Master Mei is critically ill and is at death’s door.”  Qian Ying Ying bit her lip and said.

“How do you know?”  Hua Ming Zi turned and wanted to get down from the couch.

“The Ying Family’s Second Young Master told me.  This morning, Ying Dangjia rushed up urgently to Qingcheng Mountain Villa with several doctors.

“Damn!  Why didn’t anyone tell me!”  Her heart tugged and she placed her hand over the white jade bracelet that Brother Mei had given her as a gift when she said she had regarded him as a Brother the last time she saw Mei Yi Wen in Qingchen Mountain Villa.

“Maybe they didn’t know about your friendship with Young Master Mei.”

Hua Ming Zi’s eyebrows knotted together.  Ying Yan Long knew about their friendship.  Is he afraid that she will be worried and so he did not mention anything to her?

But she really hated this kind of feeling, this feeling of having everything decided by others.  She understands her own body, will she make herself suffer?

“Cui Yu, help me change my clothes.”  Hua Ming Zi ordered.  “Tell the servants to get a carriage ready.  I am going to Qingcheng Mountain Villa.”

Dangjia, this cannot be done!  The road to Qingcheng Mountain Villa is a mountain road and in case your wound.......”  Cui Yu desperately shook her head.  Then she turned to Qian Ying Ying and begged her.  “Lady, please help to persuade Dangjia, ah.......”

“Elder Sister, if anything happens to you on the way there, Ying Dangjia will surely kill me!  I beg you to stay home and rest!  I will get the Second Young Master to come over and let you know immediately if there is any news.  Will this be alright?”  Qian Ying Ying stood in front of Hua Ming Zi and refused to let her get down from the couch.

“No.......I want to go and see Brother Mei.”  Hua Ming Zi pushed Qian Ying Ying away and made a move to get down from the couch.

“See who?”  Ying Yan Long walked into the chamber.  As soon as he saw her trying to get down from the couch, he tightened his lips and walked up immediately to stop her.

“Fortunately, you are here.  Otherwise, my Elder Sister will rush out of the door.”  Qian Ying Ying breathed a sigh of relief and retreated to the side.

“Let me ask you.......how is Qingcheng Mountain Villa’s Young Master Mei’s health?”  Hua Ming Zi looked steadily at Ying Yan Long and asked.

Ying Yan Long turned his eyes on Qian Ying Ying and immediately she became silent.

“I’m going out to take a breather.”  Qian Ying Ying’s scalp felt numb.  She turned around and slipped out taking Cui Yu along with her. 

“What happened to Brother Mei?”  Hua Ming Zi tugged Ying Yan Long’s sleeve.

Ying Yan Long looked down at her.  Knowing Mei Yi Wen is in a critical condition, it is human nature for her to be worried but when he thinks of their unusual friendship and Mei Yi Wen likes her, he still felt a little unhappy in his heart.  This selfish thought surprised him and he quickly calmed his mind.  Using his most steady tone, he said. 

“When we reached the place, Mei Yi Wen was already in a coma.  The doctor said that he is breathing out more than he is breathing in.  The doctor is afraid he will not survive this night.”

Instantly, Hua Ming Zi’s eyes turned red.  With one hand over her wound, she twisted her body to get down from the couch.  “I have to go and see him.  I can’t let him be alone........”

“He is not alone.  He is accompanied by a close relative.”

“Who?  Brother Mei has no relatives.”  She looked at him suspiciously.

He pressed his lips together because the name of the person could not be mentioned. If she knew too much, it would not be good for her.

“The identity of that person is not important.   What is important is that the road leading to Qingcheng Mountain Villa is now temporarily closed and no one is allowed to enter.”  He said.

“Why is the Villa sealed?  Who gave the order?  Brother Mei is so seriously ill, what can he do?”  Hua Ming Zi blinked her red eyes and looked at him without understanding.

“There is a reason why the Villa is sealed.  If Young Master Mei is just an ordinary man, why do I have to personally lead the doctors up to Qingcheng Mountain Villa?”  

Ying Yan Long gripped her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes.  “This is all I can tell you.”

“It was because of Mei Gongzi’s help that Hua Ji Restaurant was able to introduce its first wave of menu drawing praises and approvals.  I won’t accept that I can’t even see my benefactor for the last time.  Even if the Villa is sealed, I will still make a trip there.”  She said with determination.

11