Chapter 33 – Ruyi Baojiu (End)
7.3k 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the medicine had slowly melted in her mouth, Hua Ming Zi felt the air that seemed to be blocked in her throat and chest gradually cleared and she could slowly begin to breathe easier again.  However, she felt so weak that she did not even have the strength to return Ying Yan Long’s hold on her hand.

Ying Xue Wen’s expression had turned solemn and after he helped his Mother and Wife to return to their seats, he noticed a golden medicinal pill beside the broken pieces of the white jade bracelet on the floor.   

“Elder Brother, it looks like a medicinal pill had dropped out of the white jade bracelet!”  Ying Xue Wen exclaimed.

“Quick!  Bring it to me!”  Instantly, Ying Yan Long stood up and looked at the floor.

Ying Xue Wen hastily picked up the pill and strode towards his elder brother.

When Ying Yan Long looked at the golden medicinal pill, immediately he burst into tears.

“Elder Brother......”  Ying Xue Wen and everyone present could see Ying Yan Long’s tears.

Ying Yan Long stared at the golden medicinal pill and recalled the several times when he studied the white jade bracelet.  Finally, he knew why he was unable to understand the Emperor’s meaning when he told Hua Ming Zi that by giving her the white jade bracelet, Mei Yi Wen was giving his life away..........

It was because the gold and silver carvings on the white jade bracelet hid the precious medicine......... ‘Ruyi Baojiu’.

“Ruyi Baoji’ is the second lifeline of the Emperor.  If this ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ is consumed, even those on the brink of death will still be able to live for another year.  However, this ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ pill needed 50 years to produce.  The next ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ would take another ten more years before it could materialize.  The reason is that the snow mountain ‘Luo Shen’ flower in the ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ will only bloom once every ten years and only one flower will bloom at any one time.  This ‘Luo Shen’ flower must be continuously added every five years to achieve the best result.

Ying Yan Long knew the Emperor would not appear at this time to request for the return of this ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ but he still looked towards the door with unease.

“Quick, swallow this!”  Ying Yan Long hurriedly sent the pill to her lips as his fingers trembled.

Hua Ming Zi obediently swallowed the pill, closed her eyes as she breathed and was totally unaware of the happenings around her.

“Send for people to come with the soft couch and carry her back to the bedchamber.  Give the order for Cui Yu to stew ginseng soup and to let her drink the soup continuously for forty-nine days.  At the same time, get someone to tidy up the medical-treatment bath chamber and set up the bath with herb bags for detoxification of poisons.  I want to help her with detoxification.” 

Ying Yan Long turned to face his brother and instructed him.  “Over the next few days, she will vomit.  After she had returned to the bedchamber, instruct Cui Xuan and the maids to wait on her.”

Without asking for reasons, Ying Xue Wen nodded and immediately went out to do as instructed.

Originally, Hua Ming Zi who had difficulty breathing had now gradually resumed her normal breathing and her white lips had slowly regained some color.  On seeing the changes, Ying Yan Long felt relived and as he caressed her hair, he said softly. 

“You can be at ease.  Now that you have taken the ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ that Mei Yi Wen left for you, it can keep you safe for a year.  A year later, the ‘Phoenix’ Pill will be ready.”

“What is ‘Ruyi Baojiu’?”  Hua Ming Zi asked while she held his still trembling hands.

Ying Yan Long lifted his head to look at his family and saw everyone including Ying Xue Wen who had already returned, looking at him with curiosity.

“‘Ruyi Baojiu’ is a hundred-year-old medicine prescription left by a traveling foreign doctor many years ago.  Producing this medicine is not easy, so this doctor could only produce one in his lifetime.  Before this doctor passed away, he gave the prescription of ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ to his only disciple, Doctor Qu.”

Later, Doctor Qu became a close friend of Ying Yan Long’s father.  At that time, the previous Emperor was in critical condition and he presented the medicine ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ to the Emperor and successfully extended the Emperor’s life for a year.  Since then, Doctor Qu was summoned into the palace as an imperial doctor and the Ying Family’s Medical Hall became the royal advisor.  ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ was produced once again and it was the pill that Hua Ming Zi had just consumed. 

“How come I have never heard you and your Father ever talked about this before?”  Song Qing Lian asked.

“Father told me that if one person less knows about this, it will be safer for one.”  Ying Yan Long lowered his head and a slight smile appeared on his lips as he stroked Hua Ming Zi’s hair.  “In addition, there is only one pill of this ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ and it does not even belong to the Ying Family.  Even if I mention this, it will only make everyone sigh helplessly, so why bother?”

“Your Father was a person who would shoulder everything by himself and you are of the same virtue.  It was already so hard on you when your Father left.  Then when you were imprisoned, it scared everyone out of their wits........”  Song Qing Lian could not help but nag her son.

“It is right of Mother to lecture me.  But now haven’t I shared out all my responsibilities and handed over matters to others?”  Ying Yan Long said. 

“Mother, fortunately, I am like you.”  Ying Xue Wen said in a serious tone.

Everyone present burst into laughter.

“Thanks to the Emperor for bestowing the reward and thanks for God’s blessing.......”  Song Qing Lian placed the palms of her hands together in prayer and repeatedly bowed her head.

Hua Ming Zi smiled at everyone and wanted to speak.  But the moment she opened her mouth, black colored blood spurted out and dampened the front of her clothes.

Everyone exclaimed with shock and only Ying Yan Long’s face had a pleased expression.  He used a handkerchief to wipe off the blood at the corners of her mouth and tears were glistening in his eyes. 

“After consuming ‘Ruyi Baojiu’, you will vomit black colored blood which means that your body’s vessels are clearing up.  After this, every time a major meridian of your body breaks through, you will vomit once until all twelve major meridians are cleared.  Your internal organs will then naturally become better.”  When Ying Yan Long spoke up to here, he was so excited that his face had turned red.

Hua Ming Zi lifted the corner of her lips and looked at Ying Yan Long foolishly. 

Now she can stay with him for another one more year.........

Ying Yan Long also looked at Hua Ming Zi foolishly and a mix of feelings surged up in his heart making it impossible for him to speak. 

Just now, if the white jade bracelet had not accidentally fallen and broken into two.........maybe now they would have been separated by yin and yang*...........

(The meaning separated by yin and yang means one person is dead and the other person is alive, living in two different ‘worlds’.)

“You......”  The moment Ying Yan Long opened his mouth to speak, his tears rolled down.

When everyone saw what was happening, their eyes turned red. 

Although it is said that life and death are inevitable.......but regret is even more heartbreaking.

Ignoring the presence of the family members Ying Yan Long buried his head in the curve of her neck while hugging her tightly.

Hua Ming Zi also leaned on him and involuntarily, her body started to tremble.

She thought she would not have any regrets in this life but if she dies, he would be left all alone to carry on living for decades and in actual fact, she was reluctant to do so.  At this time, she finally understood the Emperor’s thoughts when he gave the ‘Ruyi Baojiu’ to Mei Yi Wen.  She understood why the Emperor did not ask for the return of the precious pill and also understood his sadness.  It was because the Emperor was not willing to live alone in the world where Mei Yi Wen did not exist.

When Hua Ming Zi realized this, she could not help but sigh.

“Don’t be sad.  If Mei Yi Wen in Heaven knows this is the end result, he will be very happy.”  Ying Yan Long spoke into her ear.

Hua Ming Zi smiled and knew that she could not get the better of Ying Yan Long.

“All this must be due to the Ying Family Medical Hall’s accumulation of merits for being charitable, so Elder Sister-in-law is blessed with good fortune and good life.”  Qian Ying Ying clapped her hands joyfully.

“Later, why don’t we change a few of the Hua Ji Restaurants to vegetarian restaurants so fewer lives would be killed.  It can also be a way of helping Elder Sister-in-law to pray for blessings and accumulate merits.”  Ying Xue Wen said.

“Alright, make the changes as you have suggested.”  Ying Yan Long looked up at his younger brother to give him a smile and nodded.

Ying Xue Wen’s smile deepened and the confidence on his face shone brilliantly.

Hua Ming Zi swept her eyes over everyone and finally, her gaze settled back on Ying Yan Long’s face.

She gave him a resplendent smile and gripped his hands.  She was moved when she found she had regained some strength to hold his hands. 

Now she is able to walk together with him a little more down the path of life........

 

~~~ End ~~~

 

*There is an Epilogue after this chapter.

8