19- Old Friends
130 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyzil said quietly as he sat alone in the corner, not wanting to agitate Vero further.

Everyone in the group started talking amongst themselves. David was especially chatty, he started to ask Vero to find out more about the story of Lieutenant Raff, it was as if he had gained an adoration for the strong silent man.

Z sat to the side leaning against a tree he started to rest his eyes. Odrunn was sitting next to him looking on the ground playing with the grass and rocks nearby. Cali sat beside Odrunn slowly as she started to speak softly.

"Hello... I'm Cali... "

Whispered the girl softly, she was blushing ever so slightly as she introduced herself to Odrunn.

"I'm... My... family told me that I should make friends... the rest look so scary... will you be my friend?"

Odrunn turned to her and scratched his head,

"I suppose so, but if you're my friend you're my boss' friend too."

He pointed at Z who had his eyes closed, they walked towards Z as Odrunn tried to wake him up. As his hands approached Z's shoulder, his eyes snapped open as he grabbed the wrist of Odrunn hard, startling Odrunn and making the huge boy jump.

"Boss! it's me!" he shouted loudly in fright.

Z released his hand and pat him on the shoulder apologising to him. What he did wasn't intentional, it was built up from years of training. Outside in the jungle, he would never let himself fully rest, he was alert most of the time.

Odrunn introduced Z to the tiny Cali, Zero just nodded and casually said hi, immediately reaching for his bag and started to munch on yet another nutrition bar. At this point, Odrunn was stunned by the constant eating of Z, he seemed to never run out of nutrition bars.

Cali put her hand behind her head as she bowed and started to speak to Z

"My family says... it's not too good to have too much nutrition bars... please have some water..." She said as she extended a flask of water towards Z.

Z smiled with gratitude as he drank a sip of water and thanked the little Cali. Cali blushed as she retreated back a few steps and sat down quietly at the side.

'Vroom' the next batch of transport artefacts have arrived, the group of recruits exited the vehicle with pride, they held no weapons, but it was evident with their shoes that they were from the scout classification.

Immediately splitting to their groups, Z and everyone else were greeted by 1 new scout that showed up. Being a scout was hard and there were only a very limited few whose manifest would make the cut for being a scout. This was one of them,

"Greetings everyone, I'm Kipp Newman, you can just call me Kipp, I'm from the scout classification and I look forward to running ahead for all of you."

Kipp smiled brightly, his boots, artefacts that were golden and shiny shone as bright as his teeth.

"Kipp, it's good to see you again."

Vero said with a deep voice. Both Vero and Kyzil came forward to greet Kipp.

"Hahahaha and here I thought I'd be the most dazzling one here, looks like I have my work cut out for me. It's great to see the both of you here. The last time we met like this was in the holy capital?"

Kipp gave them both a hug as he continued to smile.

While they were having that exchange, the last batch of vehicles arrived as the offence classifications exited the vehicles, some had glove artefacts on, some had menacingly huge weapon artefacts, attackers truly were diverse in the artefacts they carry.

Odrunn who was beside Z exclaimed in excitement.
"Boss! Look at those artefacts! That's the new heatsword! It generates a high temperature as you cut through anything. That's the vibration sabre! It uses vibration and it's teeth on the blade to ensure every slash causes massive bleeding and that!..."

Z was gobsmacked, he knew Odrunn was a geek for artefacts, but he didn't know he was this much a geek, he practically could identify every new top of the line artefact that had been produced.

A group of three girls approached their team. It was Soli Aquos, she confidently stroked her blue hair as she walked towards Vero, Kyzil and Kipp behind her was the girl with the ponytail in the hall previously and another girl with a short Bob that looked exactly like her. Needless to say, they were twin sisters.

"Oh, it's you three, are you going to be my team then?"

Soli said in a cold voice not bothering if it would offend anyone.

"Hahaha! Soli! You're always so cold. It's a gathering amongst old friends! You should be happy."

Vero gave a chortle as he talked to Soli.

"It seems like the ancient's thought of global warming isn't true, since we still have an ice berg here after so long. What's more you seem to have brought along twiddle dee and twiddle dum"

Kyzil spoke next, unable to resist the urge to take a jab at Soli. The pig haired girl peeked over and stuck her tongue out at Kyzil.

"Hey hey hey, don't bully Arlene and Ashli." Kipp immediately rushed forward holding the bobbed haired Ashli's hand, making her blush.

'btoom' a ball of compressed air flew past his face as he dodged it easily.

"There there Arlene, why are you so jealous of your sister. I'll hold your hand later."

"Enough! Can we begin soon? I don't want to spend any more time with these idiots."

Soli spoke with a chill in her voice, no one knows if she meant it, but with the authority in her voice, they could only believe it.

Lieutenant Raff and his team stepped forward as he looked at the young recruits.

" Sigh, what was the superiors thinking, sending me a bunch of weaklings. What a waste of Serums. Hand them out! "

He waved his hand signalling his subordinates to give out the Serums.

"This is as good as it gets! This is the only freebie you will be getting. Don't use it for now, it will take sometime to absorb into your body." Lieutenant Raff warned them in all seriousness.

3