22- Taking too long
112 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

... but it seemed like Odrunn could only understand Artefacts and nothing else.

After walking for the tens of minutes, team 15A finally arrived en location. Arriving at the spot, Lieutenant Raff gave a final brief before sending the two scouts on their way.

The fat Private Warfield smiled towards Kipp as they both sped off forward. The uneven terrain wasn't the best for Private Warfield who was more suited for a flat terrain, but with his experience in the military, he was able to skillfully dash past the trees with no hesitation at all taking the lead. Kipp was easily gliding along using the wind, at times he would even help Private Warfield eliminate wind resistance making him even more efficient.

The rest of the group started moving as well with Sergeant Scarlett's group taking a 10 minute lead ahead of them they made sure to keep in a close enough proximity so they can still keep in contact.

After moving for an hour, Wallas sent out a telepathic message to everyone in the team.

"Ahead, Private Warfield has encountered tracks of some Wolf beasts. They have stopped and are waiting for us ahead, let's rendezvous with them there."

Private Warfield touched the paw print on the ground as he surveyed the surroundings.

"Kipp, to be a scout you always have to be aware. These paw prints weren't made by a single wolf beast, wolf beasts always hunt in packs and they are pretty intelligent so we can't just go and clash with them head on.

They are moving in single file so they aren't near their den and they are out hunting. These are their droppings, seeing as how they are still soft they couldn't have left here for more than 10 hours."

Kipp nodded, the amount of information that Private Warfield had provided him was massive. It was evident that he was someone who had been in the forest for a long period of time.

The rest of team 15A caught up after awhile. As they met, they started to formulate a plan while following the tracks. After walking through the forest ahead of them Lieutenant Raff immediately raised his good hand and asked them all to stop.

"Something isn't right, the branches to the side of us has been broken. Stay alert, prepare for combat."

The instant he said that, Z, Odrunn and David immediately used their shields to form a barrier. Vero activated his multisize and stood beside the attackers.

Howling sounds resounded from the forest, as wolves started running out from the forest. The wolf beasts all reached sizes of 3 meters and above. As they dashed forward, they began swinging their huge claws trying to slice open the barrier made by the military shield artefact trio.

"Step back together! Let's move against the rock face, don't let them surround us, let the Vanguards defend in a single direction."

Lieutenant Raff shouted. Everyone took large strides as they backed themselves towards a rock face. David shifted from the back to the front fortifying the shield even more. Team 15A faced down a pack of 20 wolves, waiting to take chunks out of them.

" Phalanx formation! Offence team move to the front! Behind the shield formation the remaining vanguards! Defend the offence team and the rest with your lives. Let's kill some dogs."

Lieutenant Raff shouted as he readied his prosthetic limb.

Z, Odrunn and David steadied their shield barriers, Lieutenant Raff prepared to give the signal.

"Ready? 1, 2 Knock them back!"

The trio immediately lowered down their barriers from their shield Artefacts and immediately cranking it to the max knocking the wolves in the front row back.

"Offence team! Let's go!"

After the wolves were knocked back slightly the shields open to release the offence team that was hiding behind them. Soli and Arlene took a step forward and blasted away the wolves using psychokinesis and her impaled them using icicles. For those stray wolves that were still running, Ashli dashed out hitting them hard and smashing them against the ground.

Ashli, even after going on the offensive and killing plenty of wolves, still suffered wounds on her body and legs, from the claws of the wolves. Lieutenant Raff shouted out towards Ashli asking her to retreat. Immediately the trio lowered the shields and allowed the offence team to step inside. Immediately entering the shields, Private Tristan moved swiftly to the side of Ashli and immediately healed her wounds, instantly making Ashli who was panting and out of breath feel a whole lot better. The onslaught of wolves turned from 20 to 30 to 40 as they constantly bashed into the shields and they repeated using the Phalanx multiple times.

Lieutenant Raff who still had his cigar in his mouth shook his head.

"All of you need more training! You're taking way too long to kill these pests."

After the back and forth of the recruits running in and out trying to take out the pack of wolves, it seemed like Lieutenant Raff was tired of waiting and decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Scarlett, come with me." Lieutenant Raff hollered as he stepped forward. Sergeant Scarlett immediately moved to the side of Lieutenant Raff as they both stepped out of the shield that was barely being held up by the Trio.

Immediately after Lieutenant Raff and Sergeant Scarlett stepped out of the shield, they were flanked by the wolves coming at them left and right. Scarlett raised her shield as she repelled the wolves in front of them sending them flying away before using her ability to bind them once they were trapped, Lieutenant Raff would walk up to them and smash them to a pulp using his prosthetic limb.

His manifest allowed him to absorb some of the kinetic energy that is being thrown at him, but that required him to be in close contact of the object or person in question. Just how terrifying is this ability? being able to absorb just some of the kinetic energy, means any sort of blow that would have been lethal would be less effective on him, making him a perfect close combat specialist.

With the kinetic energy he absorbed, he could transfer it to an object and use the kinetic energy to return it back full force. However, although it is effective in defending against blunt force blows, it is unfortunate that with regards to being impaled or sliced, it is still ineffective. Which was one of the key reasons why he lost his arm.

"Lieutenant Raff! look out!" David shouted as he spotted a wolf coming from his blindspot directly attacking Lieutenant Raff, The huge wolf opened it's mouth and bit down towards Lieutenant Raff.

3