24- Love finds a way
136 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...Odrunn turned around to look at Z, he had the look of helplessness in his eyes, he trusted Z's intuition but with Sergeant Scarlett holding onto him he could only resign to fate and follow orders.

Just as Z outstretched his hands in an attempt to ask them to stop, a deafening blast resounded where they stood. Odrunn, David, Scarlett and Wallas were sent flying to the side away from Z. It was sheer luck that Odrunn and David stood at the front dampening the somewhat fatal blow for Wallas. The four of them landed on the dirt-covered ground. The force of the blow immediately knocked Wallas and Odrunn out cold as David and Scarlett began to find their footing.

"Come over here!" Scarlett shouted to Z, "It's safer to be in a group!"

'Boom!' Right as her voice resounded out David was sent flying through the air. He did not even activate his manifest before he was attacked. It was as if they have encountered an invisible enemy and with no detection artefacts on them they were just sitting ducks.

Z was aware of the chaos happening around him but he just couldn't move, he felt a searing pain on the side of his cheeks one of intense pain, which made him feel as if his soul was on fire.

"Tch" Scarlett seeing Z in a daze ran over towards him immediately and took a defensive stance. Z's eyes were blank as if they had no soul left in them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ooh, so many handsome and pretty young recruits. Do you want this sister to give you a kiss?" A womanly figure with D cup breasts and overly applied thick makeup spoke, her Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he/she articulated word by word.

"I am mistress Juliana and I am here to break you. HAHAHAH, you might all think that you are hot shots from where you came from but you will all break, eventually. When you do, you will rebuild your mental fortress stronger than ever. But the Incubator has no need for strong minds, we need people who have minds that are immune to mental attacks and illusions. There might be a chance you will fall into insanity, but that's a price I'm willing to pay. If you do go insane, then you can stay here and be my playthings."

Mistress Juliana spoke, her voice, seemingly high pitched, was a voice that was forced out by squeezing her vocal cords. It was akin to those scratchy whiteboard sounds or forks on a plate. She smiled at the recruits as she continued her speech.

"I have a problem, I have always had a problem. Ever since I first discovered my manifest, I have had the ability to manipulate people. My father was a goody two shoes that didn't make a peep even when my mother hit him. My mother was a pathetic alcoholic who would always abuse me and even my father. So one day, I did something that I couldn't do myself. I made my Father kill my mother, given him the peace of mind to go through with it and finally gave him release. Of course, I made him go to jail but he deserved it! who watches their kid getting beaten up and not do anything about it. But let me tell you, ooh... It's such a rush, being just a small boy, telling the police that I know nothing, watching the confusion on my father's face and knowing the police couldn't fault me for anything, it was the perfect murder the perfect setup.

Eventually, I started to use my abilities more and more often, planting illusions, manipulating people playing by my own rules. People started following me, making me their gang leader and eventually a boss of the syndicate. Then I met him, this facility's headmaster.

I'm sure you met Bartholomew, your spine tingles when you look at his handsome face, the blood that man bathed in turned me on. He eliminated my entire syndicate with no effort at all, and when I tried to manipulate him, his insatiable bloodlust was such an attraction. I couldn't control him at all, neither would my illusions, it's so hard to find someone with such mental fortitude. He let me live, he beat me up real bad, but he let me live. I knew he wanted me, I would be a woman for him the perfect woman. I am so in love~ He's the only man I love~ so now I will do good, by breaking all of you making you strong soldiers of the incubator HAHHAHAHA"

Some of the recruits couldn't stomach the story and started to feel their stomachs churning, the acid rising up through their oesophagus.

"You two? Are you friends?" Juliana turned her heads towards a boy and a girl standing next to each other.

"Yes, we know each other…" the boy replied meekly.

"Are you lovers?" Juliana questioned further.

The boy and the girls face immediately turned red, as they both looked on the floor.

"You must be! How sweet, but to be talking sweet nothings in my training, you deserve to be punished." Juliana laughed as she spoke.

She threw a knife on the floor, the girl picked up the knife and turned to the boy.

The girl, as if under a spell lashed out, holding her blade rushing towards the boy. The boy unwilling to hurt her retreated and tried to block the knife with his hands. Fingers were sent flying as the knife cut through his hands like butter. The boy tripped and fell backwards, as the girl sat on his body stabbing his heart multiple times. "Puchi, puchi, puchi, crack" the sound of the knife entering and exiting the body as the blood flowed from the blade. The boy was dead, with multiple stab wounds, lying in his own blood. He questioned why did his girl betray him, why was it that the girl he loved with all his heart had stabbed him to death.

Mistress Juliana turned towards the rest of the recruits standing there gobsmacked looking at the horrific scene in front of them.

3