Chapter 004 – Training Starts
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note:

Greetings our dear readers! We have opened up a Patreon page. If you like our work and want to see more of it, check it out. The link is below and also in the novel synopsis. Enjoy!

Your authors,

Rhaxtyx and Etherioux

 

Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/etherioux

-------------------------------------------

After agreeing to the Principal's terms, he led them towards a special training arena. There were quite a lot of these arenas around the campus but this one was only accessible by the Principal himself. It was below the main building after all. On the way he told the story so far to Katsuki and he had stars for eyes now whenever he looked at Ryuuya. He was still marveling at the fact that his best friend was not powerless after all!

Even the Principal had enough of it. Of course he did not mention the fact that he was Evil God and he chose Ryuuya as his successor to Katsuki. That was a secret that even his successor knowing was putting him in enough danger.

The arena was huge, almost the size of a football field. The walls were white and there was nothing inside other than them right now. When they reached the middle of the field Principal stopped and looked at them. Shiro and Ryuuya was looking at him and Katsuki was looking around curiously. Principal clapped once to gather his attention and started speaking.

"All right. I mentioned hellish training before but that won't be possible without understanding your powers. So I'll explain them to my best ability as I don't know everything. First of all, what do you know about Pandemonium?"

"I'm bad with history and am not interested in mythology."

"I have no idea!"

"Then don't speak dumbass. What about you Shiro?"

"I seem to remember that it was capital of Hell."

"Hmm. Not true unfortunately. That place is called something else. The Pandemonium that I'm talking about is a force akin to God in your terms. Its purpose is to bring balance to everything. Chaos and order, life and death, everything has a place there. If you want to understand your powers you have to understand the concept of Pandemonium. Let's say that…"

Evil God kept on talking and the vigorous looks on the trios faces faded not long after the speech became a monologue that spanned an hour. Ryuuya was fighting the urge to just sleep and Katsuki just forfeited that fight and was sleeping on the ground. Even the serious Shiro was yawning softly as if to hide the fact that she was bored and was sleepy. Her lady like behavior even in a situation such as this piqued the interest of Ryuuya. But he didn't give it much thought considering her arrogant behavior before. She was like a noble through and through. As he turned his head around and looked at Evil God, he was looking at them with a somewhat angry look.

"And here I've committed to put this knowledge into one! You guys are not listening at all!"

"Sorry sir Principal but it was truly too long."

"For once I agree with her. There were too much useless things mixed up. Why would I care about the time that an idiot tried to absorb it? If we are talking about a God-like being-"

"A place actually. Like a realm."

"Whatever, it is obvious that you will not succeed in taking that power for yourself."

"Haah, you are right. That's why I don't teach. Okay, here's the short version; it brings balance to everything. It periodically opens to worlds that are ready to evolve and gives power to those worlds. Sometimes, it gets corrupted but there are always 2 children that are born at the time of that. They get stronger and fight the corruption. Those two always bear the mark of Pandemonium on them in the form of their power. This time it is you two.

Shiro has the balancing power. She nullifies every kind of ability and magic that is targeting her, called 'Dispell'. And yours is the control over arcane, which is pure magic power. You have absolute control over it, well you're supposed to. But because of the corruption, it got mutated that even I don't know to what heights."

"What about me sir!?"

"Everyone knows yours Akagi, it is fire manipulation. I'm surprised you even asked me that, it is your power after all."

"I expected something epic like them."

"Don't get your hopes up I suggest. Anyway. We don't have much time to train this time as you guys have been born too late. My theory is that the True Dragon residing here created some complications in the normal process. And while it was defending itself, the balance was tipped and one of the wills got corrupted as well. You guys were born because of that tipped balance. That's what I think."

"This is a lot to take in."

"Yes. And? Why should we stick together, sir Principal?"

"Because Amano's mutation is to destroy everything if I remember correctly. You almost destroyed your neighborhood when you were younger. Aah. Pleasant memories."

"People dying is not that pleasant though?"

"But don't worry, with Shiro here, we don't have to worry about you going berserk. With a touch from her, poof! All your power is gone."

"I see."

"But that has its own complications as well. You can't control your nullifying effect sometimes am I correct?"

"Yes, sometimes it takes too long for the power to return to the user and sometimes there is an area around me that nullifies every power, like right now."

"Really? I didn't feel anything though?"

"You hardly do Katsuki. You only feel how many single hotties are in your area."

"Oi! Don't spill my secrets man c'mon."

"Alright that's enough. We should start now. Akagi, I believe a common problem with your power is the control of temperature and the duration of your control right?"

"That is so sir. I have problem making hot flames and keeping them for a longer duration."

"I understand."

After he said that, Evil God took out a lump of metal and threw him in front of Katsuki. It was the size of a baseball and had a texture of black and white lines like a zebra. It looked so light and it wasn't that big as well but when it hit the ground, it created a crater after a loud thud.

"I want you to melt that. Do whatever takes to achieve but you will only use your flames."

"What the hell is this?!"

"It is called a 'Purified Steel' I had a chance to trade for it when a representative came from the Purged. It is quite hard to forge with. It's denseness it top notch as you can see. It will be hard for you so you better start soon."

"Y-yes."

"Shiro."

Evil God waved his hand towards Shiro and a black gate opened not too far from where they were. Around it were some devices on the ground surrounding it.

"I want you to close that gate. It will expand in time so be careful. What you see surrounding it is called a 'Detector Mine'. It explodes if it detects something other than what is specified at the moment of deployment."

"I… see. But isn't it a bit excessive, sir?"

"Hmm… I don't think so. I did so they will explode if they feel the presence of a power. That includes yours as well, as you cancel the movements of mana."

"What? Sir you want to kill me?"

"I would do it if I wanted you dead. So? What are you waiting for? I don't want this place destroyed because of your incompetence."

After letting out a sigh, Shiro had no choice but to go and do as the Principal said. She started to focus on cancelling the gate. The gate was truly expanding slowly. The mines were pretty spread out so with its pace, the closest mine would explode if she did nothing for a whole 24 hours. Her white eyes were filled with determination as she tied her snow white hair.

On the other side was Katsuki. He was currently holding his hands towards the lump of 'Purified Steel' and was launching fire towards it. The flames he used were bright red and their heat could be felt from where Ryuuya and evil God were standing. But after a minute or so, his flames slowed to a crawl and finally stopped. The moment they stopped, Katsuki held his hands and blew on them. It looked like he burned them a little. Unfortunately, there was not a single dent of the steel ball.

"Good. Now that everyone started. Amano, come over here will you?"

"O…kay?"

Evil God led Ryuuya towards one of the walls, away from the others. He stopped after walking for 5 minutes straight and looked at Ryuuya without saying anything. Ryuuya was waiting for him to say something but they stood like that for another minute or so and Ryuuya's patience was nearing its end. Right as he was about to speak up, Evil God came up to him. He thought that he was about to say something but he was shocked when he smacked the back of his head really hard.

"OW! With utmost respect sir but what the hell!"

Without saying anything Evil God hit again.

"Sssss. Sir, it would be nice if you explained why!"

And again.

"I don't know what I did but please stop this at once."

But he wouldn't stop. Evil God kept on hitting Ryuuya without saying anything. At long last, Katsuki was unable to keep his focus on his work and looked at them. When he saw that Ryuuya was getting beat up, he walked towards them with a concerned look.

"Umm…. Sir? I don't know what he did but-"

"Did I tell you to stop?"

The look that Evil God gave at Katsuki was chilling to say the least. He was stopped dead in his tracks and his knees were getting weak because of fear. But still he couldn't sit still when his best friend was getting punished for no reason.

"S-s-sir, don't you- don't you think it is w-wrong to punish him without reason?"

"Go back and do what I told you to. This is my last warning."

Then he turned to Ryuuya and kept on hitting his head. Katsuki was nearing his limit as well. He couldn't go back when he saw this scene. Even Shiro was looking towards them with concerned eyes. Even though she did not like Ryuuya as they didn't know each other that well, she didn't think that he was a bad person.

Just as they think this was going too far, a red splatter made its way to the ground. That last slap was heavier that the rest and after consecutive hits, it was reasonable for this to happen. Everybody was shocked. Ryuuya wiped the blood from its lips and looked at Evil God with rage. Shiro's eyes went wide and Katsuki was unable to stop anymore as he charged at Evil God while screaming. Evil God saw this and without batting an eye, lifted his hand and lifted Katsuki along. After he looked at Ryuuya for a moment, he forcefully brought his hand down. A crack was heard and Katsuki lay on the ground without moving.

Ryuuya's eyes were wide with shock as he couldn't believe what he saw. The Principal beating him for no reason? He can tolerate it to an extent but seeing his friend end up like that because he tried to help him? Now that was the last drop of water. The mana around him started to go berserk as his vision blurred. Wind was picking up speed and cracks appeared around him. His vision started turning grey. All the sound disappeared for him and there was only grey in his vision. After a short while, he lost his vision completely.

When his vision returned, he was lying on the floor, completely exhausted. He didn't even have an ounce of strength in him. He was still in the arena and Katsuki's face was unnaturally close to him. He had a different kind of determination in his face from usual. While he was thinking about it…

"Wake up you idiot! How long do you plan sleeping for!?"        

 

2