Chapter 36.2
2.4k 12 121
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo, it's the second part of the chapter. Kind felt bad because, again, I released the entire chapter on other sites instead of here first.

Only had my phone yesterday and most of today and it was a pain to post on mobile.

Anyways, I'm convinced I can't get my fic above 4.5, it's forbidden! For almost two months I didn't get even a single 1 star review, then my fic got to 4.6 and I get a new one, I do it again and it happens AGAIN, seriously, this is the third time my fic gets to 4.6 and, not even two days later, I get a 1 star review to pull it down.

 

So, chapter 36 turned out to be a little Slice of Life chapter, I think it turned out well, and I hope you guys enjoyed it a lot, I really liked writing it, and I had been looking foward to use "Evil Starfire" for a long time, she is the most devious of villains! Really, she spent a few hours practicing in the mirror. 

After another hour of chatting, both Danette and Kara left the Garrick house satisfied. Danette was acting far happier than before and had even dropped the hesitation in her steps.

"So, you used to have a crush on him, huh."

Danette stumbled, her face flushing as she glared at Kara. "Jay was a friend, a dear friend and nothing more."

"Riiight," Kara smirked at her companion with a knowing look. "Don't worry. I can see he used to be very handsome, there's nothing to be ashamed of."

"Fuck you," Danette pouted, cursing for the first time since they had met, but also having the first genuine smile of happiness.

"I'm glad you're finally getting your life in order."

"Yeah, Jay promised to get the old group together later this month," she confessed. "I think I'm gonna be meeting Red Tornado after that. It should give me enough time to think about your invitation."

"Don't worry about it. I would love to have you on the team, but I don't want to pressure you Danette."

"Call me Danny," the gynoid gave Kara a hug as another taxi approached to drive her away. "I'm glad you came with me, Kara."

"I see," Kara eyed her and decided to try. "So… would you be opposed to letting me install a second Morrow elemental core as thanks?"

"What?"

"Well, I wasn’t gonna ask with you feeling down, but you seem to be better, and I think I figured out how to make a copy of Mister Twister’s wind generator. It not as strong as Red Tornado’s but, with some training, you could definitely improve your flames if you can feed them oxygen."

“Kara…”

“What? Even if you don’t want to be a hero, it can only make you safer,” Kara lifted both eyebrows at her friend. “Come on, more firepower is always the right choice! Get it? You’d even be able to fly.”

“… That was terrible, it was terrible and you should be ashamed, but fine, I guess I’m not doing anything tomorrow,” Danny sighed, but that didn’t fool Kara, she had gotten her with the flight offer.

“Great,” checking the clock on her phone, Kara waved Danny goodbye and left for her own compromise.

Using the nearest Zeta-Tube, Kara appeared inside Mount Justice. Her own security took a second to make sure she was allowed here before deactivating, finally showing her the real room and causing the turrets to retreat back into the walls.

With a hiss, the lock she had installed on the Zeta-Tube opened and let her into the cavernous ‘foyer’ of the base. A second of concentration and Kara heard the Titans training in the main room.

“Muahahahahahahaahah! I laugh at your pain! Ending your existence is most amusing!” Kori yelled as she blasted at Robin with a starbolt from her eyes while squeezing the life out of Kon with a sleeper hold. Suddenly, she caught sight of Kara entering the room and briefly paused. “Oh, hello Supergirl!”

Robin took advantage of her distraction to throw a batrang at her eye, but Kori was fast enough to catch it. The device still exploded in her face, sending her flying back and allowing Kon to escape the grapple she had on him.

Before Kori could recover, Kon fell to the ground, rolled and grabbed a cardboard bomb, throwing it towards Robin. That done, the both of them ran away in separate directions, moving further into the mountain and disappearing around the corners.

Shaking her head, Kori floated away from the floor where she had fallen, cheerfully waved at Kara and then took in the room. Only Captain Marvel was still here, eagerly eating from a snack pack as he enjoyed the show.

Quickly checking her drones, Kori nodded when they were still able to track him. Taking a deep breath, she hummed twice and then ignited her hands and eyes, causing them to shine with green light as she flew down the hallway after the pipsqueak yelling with a villainous voice. “ROOOOOOOOOOOBIIIIIIIIIN! You can not escape me! I will chase you until the ends of the GALAXY!”

“What the? I thought they were supposed to be training?” Kara lifted an eyebrow at the Captain.

“Well, yeah, but Flash kept complaining that things were too serious, and Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow and I kind of agree with him. There was no reason they couldn’t have a little fun, at least sometimes,” Marvel shrugged and offered her the snack pack, Kara gracefully accepted. “So they get one fun exercise in the middle of the day before lunch and after their morning trainer leaves.”

“I see… I take it Kori is playing the villain today?”

“Yep, she’s kind of the strongest anyway, and she gets all the tech equipment you provided to use against the team,” pulling his arm back, Marvel checked to see Kara had stolen almost all his snacks and pouted. “She gets really into it sometimes, and she’s a good villain. Now that I think about it, she probably copies the laugh from you.”

Avoiding Kara’s withering glare, Marvel turned back to the wall and caused it to turn into a monitor. Together they watched Kori follow after Robin. She caught up to him and lifted him by his clothes before trying to get her cardboard bomb back. Unfortunately, it didn’t come off his hand.

Kara focused on the image and frowned. Wait, did Robin have breasts? They were really small, but she was sure there was a little bulge on his chest.

Immediately after, Kori threw Robin away as hard as she could and shot a starbolt after him, but the Boy Wonder actually floated in the air and dodged the shot.

Standing in the air, the two of them faced off, Robin quickly growing several arms and getting them all into fighting positions. For a few seconds, nothing happened, then several shields materialized all around him and locked him in place before starting to squeeze.

Ignoring the captured hero as Miss Martian lost control and returned to her actual form squeezed between the drones, Kori rushed back, but Captain Marvel pressed a button. “Robin has had enough uninterrupted time, the bomb has been disarmed. Good job Titans.”

Stepping out from a side-room on the same hallway he had run through, Robin threw the cardboard bomb up and down in his hand and strutted into the room, quickly followed by Kid Flash.

“Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about!” Kid Flash shouted and the both of them high-fived.

Soon after, the rest of the Titans started converging on the room. Aqualad seemed a little worse for wear, but they all were tired and sweating.

“Good job, you guys overcame a stronger, more skilled and better prepared opponent,” Marvel complimented. “Aqualad’s sacrifice was so cool and, according to the exercise, both he and Kid Flash even survived their encounter so, it’s actually great!”

“I… huff… I did not realize how much you held back… huff… in our spars,” Aqualad complimented, collapsing to the floor. “But, did you have to keep the death trap active the whole time?”

“It was indeed necessary for my villainous plot, Friend Kaldur,” Kori nodded with a disarming smile on her face. “It should have pressured the Titans and diverted their attention from the main objective. I did not think the Titans would delay your rescue as they did. Alas, my machinations were defeated, most impressive stratagem, Friend Robin, when did you change places?”

“Hey, we trusted Kaldur to hang on!” Robin protested. “Anyway, I traded places with Megan as soon as I ran out of the room, while you were still recovering from the explosion.”

“Congratulations, Friend M’gann! Your transformation is getting much better; I did not realize the ruse until the very end!” Kori complimented, getting out from her armor and shaking her hair free from the ponytail.

“Ah, thanks Kori, doing boys is still hard, but Uncle is training me to overcome that.”

“Man, I did not realize how hot girl villains could be.” Kid Flash just had to say, causing Kara to narrow her eyes dangerously. “The majority of the rogues are men, but boy is she…”

“Hello Titans, Kid Flash,” Kara interrupted, causing them all to turn towards her. “Say, are you, perhaps, wearing the suit I made?”

“Ah, hi Supergirl,” Kid Flash gulped and scratched the back of his head. “Yeah, thanks a lot by the way, the material is great, and it’s very comfortable to run with, plus, it doesn’t even get dirty. I really love it… why?”

“Oh, nothing, don’t worry about it,” Kara answered with her most innocent smile.

From his side, Robin discretely hit his friend with an elbow and whispered. “Self-destruction, man, self-destruction sequences everywhere.”

Kara’s smile only got wider when she heard it, making sure to keep staring at the boy for an uncomfortable amount of time.

“Stop teasing him already,” Kon finally interrupted, walking closer and attempting to hug her, Kara put a hand on his chest.

“What do you think you’re doing?” she lifted an eyebrow.

“What, you’re the one always insisting on hugs,” Kon glanced aside; a little embarrassed to talk about it.

“Not without a shower I don’t,” Kara shook her head. “Come on, you were probably fighting Kori for the last 10 minutes, you’re soaked.”

Kon pulled on his Superman shirt, seeing it absolutely soaked with his sweat, even if he wasn’t feeling all that tired. With a devious smile, he looked back at Kara. “Well, now I really want a hug, no, actually, I insist.”

“Get away from me!” Kara dodged back and used a hand to push Kon away from her, but he only took a single step before turning back and opening his arms. “Ugh, if this was how it was gonna turn out. I’d prefer it if you kept being angry.”

“Come on cousin, where’s my hug?”

Kara dodged another lunge and quickly hid behind an amused Captain Marvel, she could have easily floated away, but she was actually really happy Kon was being playful, and flying would be unfair.

She was just getting ready to dodge another lunge when Kori grabbed her from behind almost causing her to stumble. Kara actually smiled as she felt Kori’s soaked shirt, the Tamaranean’s breast pressed tightly against her back in a most tantalizing manner.

Kon’s own sweaty chest on the other hand… not so much. Kori’s glomp had delayed her movement enough for Kon to grab her and squeeze tightly. “Eww, ewwww! Bath! Bath right now!”

Laughing, all the Titans went to wash themselves, Kara included since she now had to change her shirt. Together with Captain Marvel, they ate lunch at the mountain and waited until John Stewart showed up for their evening training.

Seeing Kara talking with the rest of the Titans, the man nodded her way and Kara approached him. “Supergirl, good to meet you. Good job upgrading the Mountain’s security.”

“Thanks, I’m not finished yet, but it will do for now,” Kara shook his offered hand, getting a strange feeling as her arm came into contact with the green light surrounding him. “Anyways, I take it the League approved of the treatment?”

“Yes, Superboy’s parents signed the release, and the League has looked over the data,” GL frowned for a second, but didn’t seem to recognize the feeling and dismissed it from his mind. “Thankfully, he’s quite advanced in his lessons, so he’ll not miss much.”

“What’re you teaching them today?”

“Recently it’s been how to locate and disarm bombs. Today we’re going over mines, including those of alien origin,” The man answered while glancing at his ring. Looking up, he gave Kara an amused smile. “Usually, Batman would be the one teaching them, but he’s been busy this last week, and the ring allows me to replicate several working devices without the risk of them going off.”

“Hmmm, I know Robin wouldn’t really need this class, but Kon is advanced in it?” Kara asked, returning his smile.

“He’s really talented with any mechanical device.”

“I see,” feeling some pride in her chest, Kara waved Kon over.

“What?” The boy asked, approaching them and giving a respectful nod to the GL.

“Hey, remember the treatment we talked about yesterday? The League gave the green-light,” Kara explained, smiling at him.

“Is that really necessary?”

“Necessary? Probably not,” She answered truthfully. “Your Kryptonian DNA allows you to wait without much risk until we’ve developed a better treatment, or even a permanent solution, but it could unlock more of your powers.”

Kon glanced back at the rest of the Titans, at Kara and then at his own hand. Slowly, he closed it into a fist. “Alright, when do we leave?”

 

If you enjoy my work take a look at my other fics: Dungeon Delving is Damn HARD  (SFW) / Reincarnated into a H World (VERY NSFW).

Also, think about giving me a tip if you have some spare change by supporting me on patreon, ko-fi with the buttons bellow the chapter, or just a one time donation directly to PayPal.  All my content is free and you can support me for a single dollar.

Thanks for my patrons : Xhaustedhero, AkumaSmaG, Iori Daemona Angel, AlliterativeArts (Eric Faust), Icewing, Comics, DERMONIAN, Davvy chappie, Banh Bao, Ian Michael, WanderingDaemon, Travis cox, Rootbeerguy, High Priest of Torga, James Williams, Michael Neal, Felrook, RavenCore, kenzie, GrumpyJustGrumpy and NotableRonin for supporting my work!

121