Contact
868 18 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Shoutout to Zesshi for help with the names x2!

Back on the Assassin....

Captain Floyd was almost done with his report, after scouting out the solar system he found 12 planets, 3 asteroid fields, a couple dwarf planets here and there, hell he even found a failed star, this system was a goldmine! out of all the objects in the system these are the most interesting, 1 lava planet that would be good for mining, 4 habitable planets one of which is outside of the habitable zone, obviously the failed star, 1 asteroid field that has an abundance in both uranium and plutonium, and a gas giant that would be good for harvesting gases.

Typing in the last paragraph, Floyd selected the complete button, and with a yawn he sent out the order to prepare for a planetary jump back to Orion, eager to get some sleep. Looking out the reinforced glass he watched as the ship aligned with the speck  that was Orion, once it was completely alighted with the planet he hit the jump drive and saw the far-away stars warp and shift before they all became long lines of light as he entered light speed.


Arken was amazed at what she saw, their were strange creatures that had hair on their heads and wore clothing all over their body's that were made of the hide of a beast she did not know of, they had great stone birds that soared across the sky and carried them and supplies to unknown lands, fields of food grow before them like deity's, how did she know that it was food? She saw them eat it after having foraged it.

All she knew was that these people were like gods, and she hoped that they would accept her people, as it currently the mating season for the novid the beasts are far more aggressive, even known to completely wipe out entire tribes, she cursed herself for forgetting that as she would of been able to save the suffering of warriors that were injured by the beast. They also wanted to stay for other reasons, they have always been under the roof of the jungle that blocked out the sun and sky from view, so when they saw morning sky in it's full glory they were amazed, and the light!

At first it took little while for their eyes to adjust to it, but when they did everything was so much clearer, here the sun revealed so much of the world while in the jungle the great towering trees blocked out the revealing truth that is the sun, and lastly these god-like people, the tribe knew that they held knowledge a million times greater than the Krotar, maybe even billions. Although she was uncertain about what these deity's would do to them, she decided to send 2 unarmed warriors to contact and make peace with them, if the deity's want to make peace with the tribe she would ask her tribe if they want to 'become one' with the godly people, (more facts about the Krotar! sometimes when another tribe is strong and benevolent enough the tribe leader would consult with their people if they want to 'become one' with the other tribe, the only reason why all the tribes weren't united was because sometimes when some warriors want to form their own tribe they would break off of their current one and create another tribe) if these deity's want blood then her people would sneak away and find a new home that was safe and was blessed with the sun.

Turning to face her tribe she announced to her people albeit quiet enough so the godly ones wouldn't hear her, "I have come up with a plan on how to approach these people, 2 volunteers will go to the entrance unarmed and try to talk with them to see if they are good or evil, if they are good I will see if we can 'become one' with them, if they are evil then the rest of the tribe will sneak away and find a new land to live on, one that is blessed by the sky and sun."once she finished her announcement she saw almost half of her people step forward, the deity's looked peaceful and full of knowledge so the volunteers thought that they would be fine, even some of the injured volunteered hoping to be healed of their injuries, everyone else thought that there was already enough volunteers, didn't want to volunteer, or thought that the deity's might be evil.

She chose one healthy male warrior and an injured female warrior, hoping that the sight of the injured one would make the deity's sympathetic. With that done she sent  them off to the entrance of the colony, nervous about what would happen...


Dekar was a normal warrior, he was traveling with the tribe in the jungles for as long as he could remember, but today he has seen the beauty of the sky and sun, and now there were these god-like people? He wanted to learn more about them, he wanted them to teach him and his people, he wanted no... needed to become like them. So when Arken asked for volunteers he almost immediately stepped forward so he could make first contact, his wish was granted when he and an injured female were picked to talk with them. He knew the risk, but also the reward, so when he was picked he could barely contain his excitement.

Arken then sent them off to the entrance, holding up the injured female, Dekar walked up to a looming gate that was assumed to be the entrance, due to it opening and letting deity’s and their stone beasts through. When he was a few feet from the gate and called out to the deity’s, hoping that they would answer his call...


BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!! The alarm knocked Catherine off her chair, surprised at the alarm for waking her from her nap. Catherine got up with a yawn as she went to check the the security cameras. Earlier Catherine decided to volunteer for security, as her current job was only giving her passive pay and the colony has yet to start construction on an entertainment facility, she thought that it would be better to volunteer for another job. As she checked the security cameras what she found shocked her to the core, on the gate security camera there were 2 aliens, 1 injured, their only peace of clothing was a groin cloth, they had digitigrade legs and medium green skin that blended in with the grass.

Recovering from the shock, she got the microphone and set it to the emergency frequency, “WARNING! Colony Eden has made contact with sentient aliens! They appear to be in the Stone Age and have an injured! Send paramedics, diplomats, and soldiers immediately to the front gate! I repeat!” After repeating the warning into the microphone, she grabbed her phone, slid it into her pocket, and rushed out the door.

This was literally the first time humanity has made contact with a living sentient alien, there has been ruins on planets in the Milky Way, but no living sentient aliens have been found. As she sprinted through the door she saw people panicking out of excitement, there were some of the colony’s diplomats rushing towards the exit, eager to do their job. Running outside, she could see an ambulance driving towards the front gate along with troop transports, some of the worker’s sprinted towards the gate out of curiosity and excitement, hoping to see this historic moment for themselves. For herself, she hoped that this wouldn’t end badly.


I wasn’t really sure what to do, things can get boring when you have to wait for your colonies to develop. There was something in the back of my head telling me I forgot something, racking my brain for what I forgot, I realized that I haven’t set what tech to develop next. Opening the tech screen I debated with myself what tech I should get next until, “WARNING! Colony Eden has made contact with sentient aliens! They appear to be in the Stone Age and have an injured! Send paramedics, diplomats, and soldiers immediately to the front gate! I repeat! Colony Eden has made contact with sentient aliens!” The alarm was heard throughout the ship, shocking many people onboard including myself. What the!? We made contact already! I knew that there was a high chance that there were sentient aliens here, but I didn’t expect to make contact so soon!

Going to the Empire tab I looked at the status of Eden, it currently was having an emergency, which was contact. When looking at the data I saw that there was a tab on it, selecting it the data screen changed from displaying the data of Eden to a ‘sub-focus’ tab, I liked what I was seeing, looking through it I saw that I could change the secondary focus of the colony, and due to recent events I chose diplomacy. There was another tab like this one so I decided to check it out, opening the second tab for the colony it was like a fucking quest system, now I was even more curious, I saw that currently there was a quest called ‘contact’. Me being a smart guy knew it was about the aliens and selected it, I was met with this.

 

The colony of Eden has discovered an alien race! It seems that they are in the Stone Age and want to talk, send diplomats to open diplomatic relations!

Reward: the aliens will be integrated into your empire and provide the benefits of their race!

Cost of failure: the aliens will lose interest in joining you and go away.

 

 

HOLD UP!! They already want to join me!? I thought that it would require some shows of power or ‘magical miracles’ to get them to join my empire! But I wasn’t complaining, I accepted the mission and went back to the colonies, I gave them the order to send diplomats and scientists to Eden, scientists because I want to know wether chocolate is a sweet treat or cyanide to them, if you know what I mean.

I set the orders for the scientists to only take willing volunteers from them, I don’t want the scientists to kidnap an alien and dissect him, I’m not that kind of guy. I also want the scientists to research them so we can start producing tools, food, clothing, and weapons for them, I’m not going to take in slackers. I’m also giving orders to the diplomats to give them the same basic rights as a human while there’s no racism going around.

Satisfied, I went back to the tech trees and selected the next batch of technologies, which are diplomatic recruitment lvl.2, military vehicles lvl.2, ion propulsion lvl.2, education lvl.2, mining laser lvl.2, building design lvl.2, reusable energy lvl.3, genetic engineering lvl.2, gaming systems lvl.2, atmospheric transportation lvl.2, and economic training lvl.2. Satisfied, I got a call from Jeff that the Assassin is coming back and ready to report their findings, I thanked him and saw the mentioned ship coming out of a jump through the window, I got a message from Floyd, most likely his report. I opened it and saw a recorded message, “hello admiral, I have finished scouting out the rest of the solar system and have downloaded the data to your ships computer, prepare yourself as we’ve landed on a goldmine, Floyd out.” I was happy when he said ‘goldmine’, as it meant I was gonna get some cool shit.

Going to navigation I saw that all of the planets were now colored in, but I dare not look and ruin the surprise, so I went from closest to farthest from the sun. I also used an objects of interest list that Floyd gave me during his report, using this I selected the data for the 2nd planet from the sun, it was a lava world that would be great for mining, but has one problem, due to it being so close to the sun and having a super-greenhouse gas in it’s atmosphere it gets so hot that sometimes it literally rains lava, I was a little disappointed at the extreme temperature but I could just research heat-resistant equipment to deal with it, it has no moons, and from its hellish environment I decided to name it Hades. Moving on to the 4th planet from the sun, It was an ocean world that only had some archipelagos, islands, and North and South Pole for landmass, from what intel Floyd gathered it has an extremely diverse biosphere that’s only lacking on land which was pretty obvious, it looked like a planet that would be good for tourism and possibly the harvesting of underwater natural resources, it has 2 moons, since it was almost completely covered with water I decided to name it Njord(Njord was the name for the Norse god of the sea). Next was the 6th planet from the sun, it was a desert world like mars, but unlike mars it has a breathable atmosphere and has some oasis’s scattered across the surface, the rest of the oxygen came from microscopic organisms, it’s also emitting the same strange radiation like that one continent on Orion, it also has 2 moons, since it was basically a giant desert I decided to name it Ares. The next planet was the 7th from the sun, and the strangest, due to it having the same super-greenhouse gases in its atmosphere like Hades, this planet was able to trap enough heat for life to survive even though it’s outside of the habitable zone, but due to it being so far away from the sun that if you were on the surface it looks like an eternal nighttime, it also has a slight ring and damaged moon making it look even more badass, since it has life outside of the habitable zone, a slight ring, and damaged moon I called it Mysterium(Danish for mystery). The next one was the 8th planet from the sun, and by far the most badass planet, excuse me did I say planet I meant to say FAILED STAR! It had a slight glow on its surface and 2 rings, along with a whopping 41 moons, due to it being a freaking failed star! I named it Ra. The last one was the 9th planet from the sun, it was a gas giant and actually has a pretty calm atmosphere, except for the 2 ginormous storm’s raging on it, it has 10 moons and one vertical ring, since it was a gas giant I named it Aurora(Roman goddess of the sky, and press F to pay respects for the ship Aurora?). Once I was done naming the other planets I gave the order to send me down to Eden, I would like to see them aliens myself...

13