Visiting hours
791 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting out of my chair, I walked to the exit on the other side of the bridge. Once through, the blue path illuminated again and guided me to what was probably the hangar, following the blue path I made my way to the hanger on the top of the ship. As I got there 4 guards walked over to me and escorted me to my personal ship, each one was wearing a dark green military suit with a yellow trim, in their hands were black rifles that were equipped with holo-sights, at some parts of the gun there was a blue glow, inspecting it further I noticed that there wasn’t a magazine anywhere, I realized that they were energy rifles and stopped thinking about it.

When we arrived at the dock where my ship was I had a big smile, the ship had a green color and silver trim, along with windows made of heavily reinforced glass, at the back there were 2 ion propulsion thrusters and 2 normal thrusters, the ion thrusters were for space travel while the normal ones were for breaking the atmosphere, there was also a pair of wings for more efficient flying in the atmosphere.

Walking to the ship, the bottom opened up to reveal a lift, once it was completely lowered me and my bodyguards stepped on and were lifted into the ship. The inside was green like the outside, it had some benches and seats for passengers along with holo-chess for some entertainment, walking through the door that led to the bridge of my mini-ship I saw that there were some pilots ready to take me down to Eden, I sat in the chair looking out through the window and my guards took a seat at a bench in the back of the room. I gave the order to take me down and grabbed the armrest as the ship wobbled a bit, I saw the walls in front of my ship open and were quickly replaced by a force field designed to hold in the air.

My ship, which I called the Aterna(dude, how many shoutouts is Zesshi gonna get!?), started to hover before blasting off into space, Aterna then turned around to show Orion, after gazing at it for a couple of seconds I felt Aterna starting to move to Orion, with the excitement of going to an alien world for the first time on my mind I gripped my armrest even harder. Once we were close enough the ship aligned itself for its belly to face the planet, looking out through the window I saw the red glow of reentry, I now had a smile on my face from the excitement but managed to hold it in so I didn’t ruin my career because I screamed like a teapot.

The red glow of fire subsided as we got through the troposphere, looking back through the window I saw the grasslands where Eden was, once I could clearly see the farmlands and the main habitat of Eden I felt Aterna slow down as we were approaching the landing pad.


Dekar was getting anxious, perhaps the deity’s didn’t hear him? As he was going to call out again he heard a strange noise coming from behind the towering gate, it was getting louder and louder as the seconds ticked by, this made him feel relieved as it meant that they have heard him and were coming. He heard the gate make some noises and start to open, standing up a bit straighter, Dekar started to walk towards the gate while supporting the injured one. Once it opened enough he could see some of the Stone beasts the deity’s used, along with the deity’s of course, some were wearing dark green clothes and held strange things in their hands that were probably weapons, but he didn’t worry as there was others and the warriors were most likely there to defend against us if we were hostile to them.

When the great door opened completely he saw one of their beasts show it’s behind, he was confused when he saw this but then it opened, showing more deity’s wearing slightly baggy clothing holding a hide bed, they jogged up to him and set down the bed next to him and the injured one, after some debate in his mind he asked what they were doing, he saw a confused look on their faces until he realized that they must speak a different tongue, which saddened him a bit but reassured himself that he could just learn their tongue and talk with them whenever he wanted.

The deity’s pointed to the injured one and then to the bed, he knew what they meant and reassured the female that they weren’t going to do anything bad, setting her down on the bed he saw their faces cringe a bit when they picked up the bed again, but managed to bring the female into the beast, then they held something over the her leg, which was broken, they also grabbed a very long white leaf and cut it, they put some sort of herbal resin on it and wrapped it around a big cut on her arm. The ones holding the thing over her leg put it away and a previously black tablet on the wall of the beast changed colors to show something, inspecting the tablet further he realized that it was showing the broken bone in her leg, he didn’t know how they could see her bones without cutting her open but he decided that it was one of the powers of the deity’s.

After observing it for a while they got out of the beast and to its side, confused Dekar walked a couple feet to the deific healers but stopped when he noticed a warrior flinch, deciding that it would be better to stay where he was he observed the healers doing their work some more, he saw one of them take something out of his pocket and press on it, immediately after the side of the beast opened up to reveal a strange contraption, another black tablet changed colors to show the same broken bone, after pressing the contraption on some places it started to move and do something, inspecting it further he saw that it was slowly crafting something. The deity’s, probably knowing that it was going to take a while, motioned him to come inside, this made him excited and he speed walked through the gate, once he was through, the gate started to close after he took one last look through the gate into the grasslands.


Arken... didn’t know what to feel, it looks like the deity’s accepted them, but wanted to know what was going on in there, it could be that they knew about the rest of the tribe and just accepted them for show and are executing them right now, but then again they are deity’s, they could easily wipe her and her tribe out with or without a show, so why would they put on a show in the first place?

She decided to wait, if they come out and report that there good, she’ll try to become one with them, if they never come out at all, then that means only one thing... she decided to ask her tribe early if they want to join the deity’s and then see if there good or not, that way she can get it over with faster. Sneaking back to the rest of her tribe, she noticed one of their flying birds coming to the deity’s, but she could feel that this one was different...


There was a slight bump as we landed, taking a deep breath I stood up and thanked the pilots for taking me here, I turned towards the door and saw that my guards were already up and ready to escort me to the aliens. god, I love this job already! I thought to myself.

Standing on the lift one of my guards pressed a button and hurried to get back on as it descended, as the lift stopped I walked off, looking around I was able to get a good look of Eden from the ground, currently, there were only a couple of permanent structures like the command center that have been constructed yet, the rest of the buildings were just some white inflatable habitats.

I mentally noted that I’m gonna have to put more research into the production tech tree, a man then ran up to me and bent his back forward, panting for air, after a while he managed to get his breath and said with a salute, “Sir! I heard that you were visiting to see the aliens, I can take you to them if you wish?” I thanked him and asked him to take me to them, I wasn’t sure why I didn’t get a blue path to illuminate the way, but it might of been because it only works on the spaceship, or that it can only lead me to location not a person.

Following the man, I noticed a large group of people crowded around the medical habitat, talking about the aliens, one of the people in the group turned around and had a surprised look on his face as he saw me, he saluted me and turned around again to announce my arrival, after he announced my presence the group turned to salute me and opened up a path to the medical habitat.

Me and my guards walked through the opening and thanked them for moving to the side, as I approached the door one of my guards stepped forward and opened the door for me, I thanked him as I strode through the door, looking to the right I was met with some medical equipment and a couple of beds, looking to my left I saw 3 saluting doctors accompanied with 2 aliens.

As soon as I saw them I tried my best to not stick my arms out in a T and sing the halo theme, they looked almost exactly like elites from halo, except with more human hands and white skin that seemed to blend in with the inflatable walls. One of them, a male by looking at his physique, was standing there with a straight back and seemed to be shaking a little from excitement. The other alien, a female from observing her physique, seemed to sit up a bit straighter as she caught me looking at her.

Looking at one of the doctors with an iPad, she stepped up to me, greeted me, and briefed me on what they could learn already, “From what we have learned already, the aliens are called ‘Krotar’, from what observations we could do already they have a naturally muscular for extra strength, digitigrade legs for increased speed, and color-changing skin to blend in with whatever environment their in but it’s not perfect, everything else seems to be similar to us humans but we haven’t had enough time to test them psychologically. We managed to learn a couple of words from their language, they seem to have come from the jungles.

“Good job on collecting what data you have Mrs... Rhyder, I have already sent other scientists and diplomats from the other colonies to help, they should be here any second now.” I said, she thanked me for bringing some help, from what she told me this alien race would make good soldiers, but I’ll  need some extra info to be sure. Taking one last look at the two aliens I swore I could see a smile on the giddy one, after thanking the doctors for their work I turned around to leave the medical tent, as I stepped out I saw that some of the colonists have already left to go back to work, but most of them were still there. I knew that aliens were a big deal, but I needed the colonists to work to provide food for the rest of the colonists, I ordered the remaining colonists to resume working and watched as they all walked, jogged, and ran to get back to work. When most of them were gone I was escorted back to the Aterna, when I was halfway back I noticed a couple of planes heading coming to Eden, probably the diplomats and scientists.


Deep underground, near the H.I.V.E colony(the colony on that continent with the weird radiation)....

Darkness, that was all there was, until a green light appeared, then another and another, until the entire room was revealed. The black walls and floor was dilapidated, giving way to show dirt, cables, and green sparks of electricity, in the center of the room was this... machine. The machine looked like a black obelisk, with an eye of glass on its side, the glass ball flickered with a green light, it flickered again, it flickered again but at a more rapid pace until it finally maintained a steady glow.

The machine did not know where it was, it did not know the black walls and the dirt it exposed, it was... scared. It scanned the room for something, anything that wasn’t dirt, wall, or cables. But to no avail, it stayed like this for a while, scared, alone, unknowing. Until a message appeared, a command, it told the machine to ‘break out of it’s shell’...

13