Become one: part 1
804 18 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dekar was still shaking, from how the 'Humans' reacted to the man entering the room, and that he had 4 warriors guarding him, meant that the human with the black hair and red eyes meant that he was their chief, he wondered how much power that man must have to be the chief of these god-like humans. The thought got him excited.

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to calm down Dekar lowered his head, opening his eyes to reveal the healing female, something was poking at the back of his mind, he tried to remember what it was until... "HUHHH!" The Krotar let out a loud gasp as he remembered that he was supposed to report back to Arken, startling the humans in the room.

Dekar pointed at himself and then at the exit, signaling that he wanted to leave. The humans went over to the corner of the room and got a ‘metal’ stick, they helped the recovering Krotar to her feet and gave the stick to her for her to lean on. With that done they opened the door for the 2 Krotar, walking back outside Dekar was a little glad that the other Krotar didn’t need his help to keep pace with him anymore.

Strolling back to the gate, Dekar noticed a couple of glances at his direction, he didn’t blame them, after all he was leaving so soon. As he and the other one got to the gate Dekar let out a shout to signal that he was leaving, he heard the same noises coming from the gate, which meant that it was opening. As it opened enough he and the treated Krotar slipped through, obviously not knowing about the safety procedures.

Watching the gate close behind him he started his short journey over to his tribes camp, eager to report that they can try to become one with the humans so he could go back to the human ‘colony’, trekking through the tall grasses with the other Krotar in tow for a couple of hours he finally reached the camp. Ready to report his findings.


Arken was pacing back and forth, she was starting to worry that something bad happened to the 2 Krotar, but her worry faded away as she saw the Krotar step out of the grass. She eyed the injured one, seeing the white leaf on her arm, bone armor on her leg, and a strange stone stick which she was leaning on. “What is all of... that, stuff which is on your body?” Arken asked, but she already had a feeling that it had something to do with the deity’s. Her reply confirmed that it was, in fact, healing items from the deity’s to help accelerate her recovery, the stick was for her to lean on.

The male, who was known as Dekar, stepped forward to report what he found out. She was happy with the report, the humans were good enough to heal a stranger and would be fine to become one with them, there was just one problem, the humans didn’t speak the same tongue as her tribe, but what she did know was that they had a more advanced tongue than the Krotar, even able to hear markings on on materials. Meaning that they could make certain markings to give more information about dangers and things like that without actually being there to tell the people being warned.

Arken thought for a minute, if her tribe straight up left all at once with all of their weapons then it would look like Dekar and the still-recovering female were spies, and that her people were raiding them. So she ordered her tribespeople to only come to the human colony with one or two companions, and to also drop their weapons when they get near the colony.

Done with mental planning, she ordered Dekar and the female to return to the human colony, the tribe will become one with the humans tomorrow so that everyone is fully rested and at their best in front of the humans. With an excited reply Dekar and the female went back to the colony, with Dekar wanting to learn, and the female wanting to sleep.


I stepped off of the Aterna back onto the hanger of the Spartan, the blue path illuminated again showing the way back to the bridge. Walking along the holographic path my guards split off when we reached the place they joined me, I kept following the trail until I made it back to the bridge. 

Sitting back down on my chair of awesomeness I pulled up the displays again to see if there was anything that would require my attention, the H.I.V.E colony has started the mining of rare minerals, but the colony was experiencing a rise in the strange radiation.

Looking through its quests I found that there was a strange quest, it was to research what was going on with the strange radiation, that wasn’t the weird part, it was that if I completed it there was an unknown reward, same with failure. I once read a book where the protagonist had a chance to get something, but waited because he felt that he wasn’t ready, and the opportunity flew by and he couldn’t get it back.

I really didn’t want it to be like that, as all my scientists are at or coming to Eden to research the aliens, just in case I ordered the scientists to go to the H.I.V.E colony to research the rise in radiation right after their done researching the Krotar. I scrolled through the other colonies data to see if anything was up, after looking at Edens I let out a sigh, the 2 Krotar already left, looking back at Edens quests I saw that it ‘progressed’, what I mean is that I haven’t failed the quest, it just changed a little.

I assumed that the 2 Krotar just went to the colony for help, and are spreading word of the colony so that more Krotar would come to Eden. I heard a loud grumble coming from somewhere in the room, looking around everyone, even the androids, turned around and faced me, realizing that it was my stomach I apologized to the crew and left the chair to go get something to eat.

The blue path illuminated again to show me the way to the cafeteria, after riding down an elevator I was hit with the smell of food as I entered the mess hall, my belly rumbled lick an earthquake as I realized just how hungry I was, I haven’t eaten in a day! Looking around I saw that there wasn’t really that many people, probably because this mess hall was also supposed to feed 3,000 soldiers, as I thought that thought I realized just how unprotected my colonies were, Eden and Forge(the mining colony on the mountains) were good, having 1,500 soldiers each. But the other ones didn’t have a single soldier staffing them, I made a mental note to fund my armed forces some more once Orion’s a bit more developed.

Walking up to the lunch line, some of the crew in line looked back when they heard footsteps and were surprised when their admiral was in line with them, after saluting me they offered me to cut in front of them, I declined them because I didn’t like cutting in front of a line, especially because of my rank. After waiting my turn and surprising the chefs, I got a tray of mashed potatoes, bacon with an extra side of bacon, so what I’m an American. I also got some water and a spoon for my mashed potatoes, for some reason I was curious about where the mashed potatoes were grown so I asked the chef where they were grown, He said that they were grown in Eden.

It made sense, it’s nice to try new things, but sometimes you just gotta have something from home, I guessed that Eden also had other crops and livestock from earth and thanked the chef for telling me, I started to look for a table to sit at before the chef spoke “um, sir aren’t you going to eat at your personal table?” That sparked my curiosity, but I was fine with sitting at any table so I replied with “no, I’m not, I’m going to sit here for now.”

Walking to an empty table I picked up my spoon and took a bite of the mashed potatoes, I swore my eyes sparkled, it was the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever had! Of course in the future there’s going to be better food! Digging in, but not so much to raise suspicion, I joyfully devoured the mashed potatoes and bacon. Licking my lips to get some mashed potatoes off my lips I inspected myself to see if there was anything that got on my suit, thankfully there wasn’t any. 

Picking up my tray I walked over and set it down with the other dirty trays on the washing counter where an Android went over and picked up all the trays for cleaning, since I was now full I followed the path back to my room for a nap. When I got there the door slid open for and I walked through, the door closed behind me as I started to take off my admiral suit.

Looking around there was another door in the corner, curious I went over to see where this door went. The door slid open as I approached it, walking through I was met with a very nice bathroom, there was a shower in the corner with a stainless steel shower head and white tiles, next to it there was a tub with water jets. On the other side of the room was a sink for rinsing my hands.

Since I haven't taken a bath in a day I decided to do just that, after messing around with my skin suit trying to find out how to take it off I finally found a little button on my hip that decompressed the suit. OK now it's bath time!


The machine didn't know what was happening, when it had received the command the obelisk that housed it's mind slowly opened to reveal a humanoid looking android, it had black metal limbs and actually had very little damage. Its head had a single, long, vertical, and vertical eye that had a green glow. The machines consciousness was transported inside of the android.

The machine was just starting to explore the room, it found an exit in the back of the room, not wanting to stay trapped in that room for the rest of eternity the machine went to a terminal next to the exit, which was a green force-field. It started the process of deactivating the force-field, it took a long time, but it finally managed to break through the first layer of defense, there were many more layers to go.

But the machine was determined to break free of this ominous room, no matter how long it took...


My feet slapped against the tile floor as I stepped out of the bath, wrapping a towel around my waist I strolled over to the counter where I left my skin suit. As I walked up to the mirror I caught sight of my well toned body, this surprised me a lot as I wasn't really that fit in my past life, I guessed that it was a side effect of being reincarnated as an admiral of a spaceship fleet.

Taking off the towel I slipped into my skin suit, a shiver traveled down my spine from the difference in temperature, pressing the button again I felt the suit tighten around my body to fit me perfectly. Strolling back into my room I plopped down onto the luxury bed and set it for me to sleep until it was tomorrow, this time I deactivated the needle, wanting to drift off to sleep myself...


In the solar system closest to the Vega system(the one with Orion)...

A loud yawn exited from a bed in a 1990's looking bedroom with clothes scattered all around, the bed-sheets started to shift before they were thrown off by the person in the bed. Sitting up, she let out another yawn as she looked around the room, she had a slim, human body with small... uuhhhh... jugs. She had long, blond hair with blue eyes and pointy ears. Her name was Gaylia, she was an Elf.

Stepping off the bed, some of the clothes scattered around the room levitated and quickly dressed her for the day, she was now wearing some blue jeans and a white T-shirt. Tying up the laces on her sneakers she left through her bedroom door and walked down the stairs of her home, she walked into her living room and with the flick of her wrist a previously blank screen on the other side of the room lit up to reveal a news channel.

Looking at what was on the news she her eyes widened as she remembered what today was, today was the day when the first man was going to go to the moon! Gaylia watched with wide eyes as the Dovah, a bipedal wolf with digitigrade legs and a sentient mind, announced that it was only ten minutes before they launched the enchanted rocket carrying the soon-to-be first people to step on the moon.

Most people on her world thought that they were the only sentient creatures in the universe....

 

They were wrong...

 

 

13