Become one: part 2
734 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was on road, a dirt road. I didn’t know how the hell I got here, but it was very different than my bed, that was obvious. Looking around I saw extremely tall trees that looked like they belonged in a fucking fantasy novel. I could hear the birds chirping and other sounds that belonged in a forest. Turning my gaze downwards I saw... nothing, this didn’t affect me at all. I didn’t know why.

I tried to move, but couldn’t. I slapped myself in the face as I remembered that I didn’t have legs, I almost slapped myself again as I remembered that I didn’t have a hand to slap myself in the first place.

Thinking of ways I could move without legs, I willed myself to move forward, I must of willed too much because I went to the Mach 13 in 2.5 seconds (Mach 13= 9,895.1 mph). As I watched the blurred surroundings I was fucking scared as hell, who wouldn’t be when they literally just went 13 times the speed of sound. I willed myself to stop like a guy who was about to run over a bunch of kids going to school with a monster truck. And boy I was in for a surprise, all around me was a city that looked to be from 30 years ago, when compared to modern earth.

This surprised me, but not as much as the sight of the people who inhabited said city. Again, it was like a freaking fantasy novel, there were Elves, Beast-Kin, and other fantasy races... there was even Orcs! The only ones missing were humans. They were all staring at a GINORMOUS TV, like the ones you could find in New York City.

For some reason I could tell that there was actually very little technological components in the giant TV, I put 2 and 2 together and, you guessed it, it was powered by magic. First I was reincarnated, second as an admiral of a star fleet, now magic actually exists?! My “afterlife” was just getting crazier and crazier.

Watching what was on the magical TV it seemed that they were about to land the first man on their moon, which would’ve been an impressive achievement if earth hadn’t done it before, along with the fact that I could literally go to another world many times farther away than the moon just like that. I wanted to check out what else this place had to offer, so I willed myself ever-so-slightly to move forward, I didn’t go as fast as before, but I still went about a trillion times faster than sonic the hedgehog.

This time, I was in what I assumed to be mission control for the launch. Based on the fact that there were magical computers everywhere, and a big window facing the the most-likely enchanted rocket. Inspecting the room a little more there were some Elves, some Beast-Kin, a couple of Dwarfs and... furies.... mother-fucking furies. That’s what I called the bipedal wolves, cats, and lizards, fuck it there was even a dragon.

Wherever the hell I was it’s a full on fantasy world, minus the medieval technology. I saw someone in the corner of my... um... sight, turning to face him-or-her I was met with a busty, blond, ‘young’, Elf. She had a beautiful face and blue eyes, she wore a green dress meant for business, no not that kind of business, business-business.

And she was staring straight at me, I unconsciously moved to the left. As I realized what I just did I felt relieved, if I moved like I still had a body then I moved at normal speeds, I moved to the right, still looking at me, I moved left again, she still saw me. I heard her mutter some words under her breath and then...


My eyes shot open, the ringing of the wake-up alarm that awoke me from my slumber fresh in my ears. Sitting up, I felt the softness of my bed cushioning me, looking around I was still in my room. I let out a light sigh as I realized that it was just a dream. I tossed my bed sheets off my body, Turning to my right I leapt off my bed feet first, my feet giving a small slap as they hit the ground.

Standing up straight I headed to my closet to get my suit, when I was a couple feet away the closet opened. Revealing my admiral outfit, but something was different. On the left sleeve was a note with red ink, curious, I ripped it off my suit I read it.


Hey! Sorry about not giving you this earlier, totally forgot! You can put it on after you put on your suit. Oh! And also since your doing well enough I’ve upgraded your suit! You can find it on the left sleeve where I put the note. Hope you like it!”

Signed: you really want to know my name, don’t you?


Welp she’s a troll, I thought. I new it was that woman since I saw the note stuck to my suit, since she wouldn’t give me her name I thought of one for her instead, no not that one. not Bihena either, not mysterious enough. Don’t tell me that I’ll have to use the first one... I didn’t want to name her this, but unfortunately, it was the only one I could think of. From now on I’m gonna call her the mother-fucking Illuminati! Minus the mother-fucking.

Looking at my suit again I saw that there was something on my left sleeve that was hidden behind the note. Putting on the suit I lifted my left arm to inspect the upgrade further, it appeared to be a screen for a mobile device, but made out of a flexible material that allowed me to twist it and turn it.

Tapping on it, a hologram shot up displaying all the data I have. Stuff like the amount of resources I have, the happiness of my colonists, the time, and other things. I still had to go to my chair to make changes, but this was still useful. I messed around with it a little more and found out how long I was an admiral for, which was a week. I let that sink in for a moment before a confused and surprised expression appeared over my face.

I was an admiral for a week already! This surprised me, but I was also confused, it didn’t seem like that much time has passed since I was reincarnated, but then again how did my colonies already develop this far? But I guessed that I let time fly by me for a couple of days.

Remembering that there was something else Luna, which is at least her name cut short, gave me. Returning my attention back to the closet I found a golden medal with the shape of a star with a blue and white ribbon attached to it hanging on a rack that wasn’t there before. I knew that I would’ve gotten a medal eventually! I extended my arm to grab the medal and fastened it to my suit.

Once it was secured to my clothing the back of the closet transformed back into a mirror like before, unlike before there was a freaking medal tutorial that listed the uses of medals. I decided to read it, after all knowledge is power. Apparently, having medals are actually just for show.

Well that was disappointing, I was hoping that it would give me a boost or something. But I kept it on anyway, might as well right? I turned around and headed towards the door, time for a hard days work.


Akasha didn’t know how that spirit got into the control room, the entire building had defenses built to stop spirits from messing with the controls. Spirits are ghosts from the past, and are often mischievous, but they can sometimes help people out. But command wasn’t risking spirits sabotaging the operation.

Calling out to Kane, one of the Lizi, a muscular, albino, bipedal-lizard in the corner of the room stood up from his command post and strolled over to her. Albeit a bit annoyed. “You need something, Akasha? It’s almost time to launch.” Said Kane, eager to get back to his post so he doesn’t get fired. “Tell command we’re gonna have to delay the launch, a spirit got in.”

That made Kane a little wide-eyed from surprise, although the structure was heavily reinforced against spirits, he didn’t fought Akasha’s ability to sense spirits. “I’ll get right on it” said Kane with a hurried speech, rushing back to his post to tell the bad news. Akasha sighed, it looked like it was going to be another day until someone walks on the moon.


Everyone woke up with excitement spread across their faces, it was time to become one with the humans. Storytellers told stories that the humans would ascend them to a higher plane of existence to awe-struck children, warriors talked to each other about what weapons they would soon get their hands on with an almost childish glee. And the elders wondered about what this meant for their kind.

Arken was just happy enough that many hardships of her people would probably come to pass very soon, she was even happier at what she would be able to do once her tribe becomes one with the human people. She had seen their metal birds and how they could fly higher than the clouds. Before, she could only imagine what the stars looked like in their full glory, now though, there was hope that she could see it with her own eyes.

She and her tribe waited until the sun was at its highest, so they could be easily seen and not be mistaken as raiders trying to get some loot. But as she remembered that strategy, she realized it would take some time before that happened, so she pushed herself off the ground and strolled over to some warriors discussing an interesting topic, wishing to join the conversation.


Just one more, thought the machine. It was almost done breaking down the last firewall for the green force field, then it could finally be free from the room of its birth. Its mechanical head twitched as it brought down the last cybernetic defense of the force field. Sending a command through the wire that connected both its head and mind to the terminal, the ancient force field flickered before finally shutting down.

The machine felt a new emotion in its mechanical heart, it didn’t know what it was, but it liked it. The machine decided to call it “hope”. The machine pulled out the wire that connected it to the terminal, and with a light zip it slid back into the machines head.  It walked to where the ancient barrier had once been and stared into the long black corridor, with damaged lights that flickered every so often.

There was another emotion in its metal chest now, one it already new. “Fear”, it named the emotion, fear was not an emotion the machine enjoyed experiencing. It made its metal chassis feel tighter, its dark fingers shake, fear made the machine feel like something in the darkness was hunting it.

Although fear wasn’t a pleasant experience, the machine understood why fear was with it. Fear made it more observant, fear made it careful, fear... existed so it could exist. After staring into the dark corridor for over a minute, the machine finally stepped forward, ready to face what was beyond the now deactivated barrier of energy...


I sat down in my chair of commanding, ready to start another day of work. Popping up the displays I flexed my fingers to start doing things until... until what? I didn’t know what to do. I could check up on my colonies, put some new stuff up to research, but that was it. I couldn’t think of anything else to do. I leaned back in my chair as I realized just how long I was going to have to wait until Orion is ready to start colonizing Ares and Njord.

So I decided to do some missions. Looking through the missions I currently had I found a couple of scouting missions, some research on local flora and fauna, and a logistics mission here and there. I selected a logistics mission, research missions required scientists, which were busy. Scouting missions required soldiers, but they were already spread thin.

 Logistics missions required engineers, of which I had plenty. This logistics mission in particular was to survey the mineral output of the Forge colony, the reward for completing the mission was a 10 day boost for mining speed for the colony. I hit confirm and went back to the tech trees, thinking on what I should research next. I selected kinetic weapons lvl.2, energy weapons lvl.2, robotics lvl.2, aquatic transportation lvl.3, and some other things.

I selected confirm. I noticed a rather small button on my suit, where the built-in device was. My eyebrow twitched from the annoyance of not noticing it before. Pressing the button, my eyes went wide from excitement as I realized what kind of information it displayed. “LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!” I screamed inside my head with a smile.

Lore was something that almost every gamer loved! And it gave me something to do! With that thought in my head I quickly got out of my chair of supreme ruling and rushed back into my room, eager to find out what was going on.


Later at noon...

The sun was at its highest, so it was time to journey to the colony. Everyone was shaking from the excitement, including Arken. She was pacing back and forth trying to get some of the extra energy out of her system. After failing to do so, again, Arken ordered her tribe to begin the hour long journey to the human colony.

Children just ran there with excitement on their faces, while the experienced warriors laughed at the children who were wasting their energy. That was how the journey started off, they didn’t know exactly what joining the humans meant for their kind, but they did know that it was either going to be extremely good, or horribly wrong...

15