Become one: The Finale
702 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They could see the glint of metal on the horizon, they were almost there! Now the excitement, which had just started to die down, was back again! Quickening their pace, the Krotar hurried to get to the humans colony. Eager to see, and receive, whatever wonders and miracles the humans have in store. Especially Arken, who hopes with all her heart that she’ll be able to see the stars in their full glory. 

Only if they new what they were getting into...


I was in my room, blanket over my head. I was reading the history or lore of this universe. That was until I got a call from... Jeff? Hadn’t talked to him in a while. Pulling the blanket off my head, I selected answer on my, uh, device on my left sleeve. What he said surprised me. “ADMIRAL!!! There’s more of them coming!” Jeff screamed through the call.

After recovering from the sudden outburst, I replied with. “What’s so important that you have to make me deaf?! Are there more ships coming in?”. “Oh, um, sorry sir. No, there aren’t anymore ships that ended up here. There’s more Krotar coming! And it’s an entire tribe! It looks like our friends told some buddies about us. What should we do?”

Wait, an entire tribe is coming?! “Where are you, Jeff?” I questioned. “I’m at Eden sir, just got here.” he replied. “OK, see if their friendly. Don’t attack them if they don’t attack us.” I said. If this what I think it is, then I’m about to get some sorely needed manpower.

“OK, sir, will do.” And he hung up. It looks like it’s time to pay another visit to Eden. Using my device, I ordered to be sent down to Eden. I jumped of the bed and speed walked down to the hanger. Walking down the halls I made my way up to the hanger, the same bodyguards accompanied me as I boarded the Aterna.

Like last time, the hanger doors opened and a force field quickly took its place. My ship hovered before, once again, blasting off into space. The Aterna rotated to face Orion. My ship sped up as I headed to Eden. As we were entering the atmosphere the same fiery red covered the ship as it was piercing the atmosphere.

Once we slowed down enough the flames of re-entry disappeared, revealing my destination in the distance. We sped up again and, after slowing down, settled on the landing pad. I got up off my seat, my bodyguards in tow, and stepped on the platform. After one of my guards pressed the button she quickly got back on as we were lowered to the ground.

I stepped off onto the landing pad. This time, a troop transport was there. One of its doors opened and a man exited. He was black with defined muscles. He had an average face with short, curly, brown hair and some stubble on his face. He walked up to me, saluted, and said. “Sir, allow me to drive you to a safe place while we talk with the tribe.” He said. I new who he was since I heard him say “sir”. He was Sargent Geoffrey, or as I new him, Jeff.

”No thank you, Sargent Geoffrey, I would like to meet them myself.” I replied to him. He was about to say something, but kept it to himself. He motioned me to one of the seats in the front, while my guards took seats in the back. I felt the hum of an electric motor as we started the short journey to the front gate.


In the dark halls of the ancient alien complex, the sound of metal-striking metal was clear. The machine had encountered... resistance, in its path. The machine grabbed the head of a damaged, mechanical dog, body still attached, and smashed it against the floor of the dilapidated bunker ten times before launching it at the wall.

The machine wasn't safe here, it could easily go back to its birthplace and stay there for the rest of eternity. But it did not want to stay in the same place forever. After all, the cradle is where it's safe, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever. The machine turned and resumed aimlessly wandering the dungeon of steel. Unknowing of the destiny it was forging with every step it took.....


“Oh good, they’re here.” Said Dekar in his native tongue, looking through the ‘habitats’ window at the commotion. Currently, he was being taught knowledge by the humans, which they called ‘education’. He was learning about their language, which is called ‘English’. Look at me, I’ve learned so much already.” Dekar Mused in his mind.

He really liked being here. There was plenty of food, water, shelter, and knowledge. Ooh he loved knowledge, even though he had to learn proper English before he could really start his education, he could only imagine how many secrets of the world would be revealed to him.

A ringing sound echoed through the room, which signaled that it was time to leave. “Just some more things to do for today.” He muttered under his breath. He wasn’t complaining, he was actually pretty fine with it. It was time for him to be observed by the humans. He understood completely, after all the humans didn’t get this powerful by not unlocking the secrets of everything they were introduced to.

But there was one thing he wasn’t fine with. Just why do they have to stick needles in my skin?! He complained in his head. It would probably be revealed to him after he mastered English. The other thing he had to do was go greet the tribe, and possibly stop something from going wrong.

Dekar raised himself from his seat and bowed to his teacher. He would’ve properly excused himself, but he had yet to learn how to say it. Heading towards the 'door', Dekar smiled, well smiled as much as his face allowed. Stepping outside, the alien took in a breath of fresh air and started towards the same gate that had brought him in. He noticed one of the metal beasts that often carried warriors head in the same direction as him.


The transport slowed as we neared the gate. I opened the door next to me and hopped out of the transport. One of the soldiers at the gate noticed me and jogged over. She saluted and handed me an iPad she was holding. I thanked her and looked at what was on the screen, it was in an areal view, so the feed was most likely being broadcasted from a drone. There were approximately 24 of them trekking in the grass, not including the 6 that were injured. They were about 30 minutes away and counting from Eden.

I had hoped that the tribe would've been bigger, but beggars can't be choosers. They didn't seem too unfriendly, especially with their injured, but still, gotta be careful. I handed back the pad to the soldier. She hurried back to her position as I went back into the troop transport. Hey, I'm not waiting 30 minutes for them to get here!

I settled down on the same seat I had sat on during my ride to the gate, the side door still open. I wondered about what the future would bring me, "yeah, maybe I'll learn magic." I joked in my mind. Completely unaware of how accurate my prediction of the future was.


There was the soft crunch of dirt as Arken took a step closer towards the metal gate. Dekar and the other one had told her to shout as she reached the gate, so the humans would hear her. She started to feel guilty for not bothering to learn the females name, she made a mental note to learn it later. She sucked in some air and yelled at the top of her lungs. Waiting for about half a minute, worry started to find its way inside her chest, but was quickly replaced with relief as she heard the gate start to open.

Once they opened enough, it was revealed to her what was beyond the now open gate. There were people that had strange, black, metal sticks in their hands, she remembered Dekar telling her that they were most likely warriors. There were others too, like the ones in slightly baggy clothing, which the female had told her were their healers.

The human warriors were in tight formation, little breaks in their defensive line. Except for the white beast with red markings on it.

She took a deep breath as her feet slowly advanced. Her tribe close behind her. She stopped as the humans warriors took a defensive stance. A human stepped out the side of the beast, along with four warriors exiting out its behind. The human, which had stepped out first, wore important looking clothing, while the other ones had equally important looking clothing, but seemed more like guardians.

The human healers jumped out of their great animal, hide beds in their hands, and jogged to the injured. They managed to get two of the wounded on, a slightly visible struggle splayed on their faces. The healers put one of the wounded, a male with a deep gash on his leg, in the beast while they did what they could to the other.

The human that had exited the beast earlier, one with black fur on his head and red eyes, observed them. Arken Stood a bit straighter, wanting to look good in front of what looked like an important member of the human tribe. Well, she assumed that the male was important, she couldn't judge, she barely knew anything about humans.

After observing them for a while, the human spoke something in his native tongue. The human warriors, previously in a defensive stance, suddenly made a path into the colony. Arken, and her tribe, hesitated before walking down the opening made by the humans. 


"Let them in" I said plainly. I wanted to be hospitable to my, guests. My soldiers broke their defense and allowed them in. At first the tribe was a little hesitant, but eventually entered the colony. "Listen up everyone! Getting these Krotar settled is the top priority! Make them feel at home." I announced to those around me.

I noticed a lone Krotar, most likely one from first contact, was making his way down to most-likely his tribe. He talked with one of the others, a female. I couldn't tell how important she was because of the lack of outstanding identification, but it was enough to tell that she was more critical than the rest.

The thought of eavesdropping popped into my head, but I quickly set it aside. What's the point in eavesdropping when you can't understand who you're listening to? I also thought about staying for a while, but it would probably take too long to learn their language, and probably too long for them to learn ours.

I decided to go back to my command ship, wait for the Krotar to learn English, or for us to learn theirs. "Sargent! Time to go!" I called to Jeff. My guards instinctively jumped into the back of the transport. Jeff and I were almost to the TT before a guy, scientist judging from his clothing, sprinted towards me. Once he reached me he stopped, put his hands on his knees, and panted like he ran a marathon. He raised a hand, but put it back down on his knees.

Obviously exhausted, I waited for him to retake his breath. For about… 30 seconds he just stood there, panting like he was in a vacuum for an hour. Finally catching his breath, he spoke to me. "Sir!" And then he's off to being breathless again! But it was only for a second, as he quickly resumed the sentence."Sir, the diplomats and us, scientists, have concluded that it would help the diplomatic process with the Krotar if you stay in Eden for the time-being."

Well that both surprised and annoyed me at the same time. But then again, the tribe did see me order around the troops and other personnel. So how would it look if I just up and left? While I would have more luxuries in my room, it would suck if I messed up this probably extremely rare occasion.

With a small sigh, I asked the scientist if he had a place where I could stay. Which, thankfully, he replied with 'yes'. I was staying in the colonies HQ. I thanked the man, and told Jeff to change the destination to the command center. After I hopped on and closed the door, I saw the man with clear horror on his face. Judging from that, and his previous exhaustion, I could tell he was out of shape. I told him to hop on and asked where he was going, once I heard the reply I ordered Jeff to take him there first, I was probably going to be here for a while.

Announcement
*tap*tap*tap* This thing working?

Hey guys! Just wanted to warn you that next chapter is going to be a time-skip so we can get to the juicer part of the story. I didn't write another 'fantasy world' POV because this chapter is supposed to be about the human-Krotar situation. And I was thinking about adding riddles to the end of my chapter, comment down below your answer and if I should do more riddles in the future. Sorry for the wait!

"I am a tool that drips with blood. I am common, but in the hands of a master I'm a formidable foe." hint: medieval

10