Law, Order, and Super Soldiers
642 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; Separated from law and justice, he is the worst."          -Aristotle

It's been centuries since humanity met with the Krotar. Some thought it would go horribly, some thought it would go great. Thankfully, though, it did go great. The Krotar were accepted by humanity.

With the empires hunger for manpower, the humans scoured the jungle for more tribes, most joined, some rejected the offer, and a few of them retaliated, the resistance was effortlessly put down. With Orion gaining tremendous amounts of resources almost everyday, along with more manpower, the once scattered colonies turned into great cities.

In fact, if the planet was governed by the U.P.E. (United Planets of Earth) Orion would be considered a well developed world. That's not including the somehow-still undiscovered alien ruins.

With the most of the Krotar integrated into the starlight empire, they formed their own colony. Where they were able to develop an advanced culture. Which, unsurprisingly, was about honor and a warriors life.

And, yes, Grant's still alive, apparently having been through a… procedure, that most high ranking staff and civilians go through. Undergoing powerful and expensive genetic modifications they gain near immortality. Everything seemed to be great, seemed. With the first colony rising into city-hood, so did the crime-rates.

When the empire was just a bunch of colonies scattered around Orion, everyone needed to play their part to survive and they knew it. But when yours and everyones survival wasn't on the edge, well… You get the point. The Forge was so unprepared for the increased crime rates that they had to call in the military to keep order while they built up a police force.

In fact, it was so bad that one city, Glass, was completely overrun by rebells. The motive for the rebellions existence? Well, most rebellions are created because of bad leadership. This, rebellion however, was created when the biggest gangs joined forces to create a city of chaos. There isn't even one single law left in the now rule-free metropolis. Theft was common, rape was common, murder was common, every single evil-deed was common.

After the rest of the worlds police-power was powerful enough to enforce law and order, the military moved in on Glass. Unfortunately for the armed forces, Glass's new militia were surprisingly organized, having pushed out the military multiple times. But law will be seen again on Glass… In the form of badass super-soldiers.


My eyes shot open, full of anger, excitement, and the feeling of victory. Today was the day, after glass fell to crime I focused almost all of my research on the military. This not only gave me the ability to put super soldiers into my armed forces, but also gave me unexpected pieces of military hardware.

For example, when two technologies reached a high enough level. I was able to preform a 'tech merge'. It basically creates a new kind of technology based off of two others when they reach a certain level. Obviously super soldiers was one of them, genetic engineering + military training. But there were others, like 'hybrid' weaponry, which was kinetic weaponry + energy weaponry.

Hybrid weapons were OP to say the least. They deal the same amount of physical damage as a kinetic gun, and the same amount of energy damage as an energy gun, a double-whammy. I also got battle-energy-shields(B.S), battle-droids, and battle-exoskeletons. I felt fully prepared to put down the rebells.

I threw the sheets off my bed, already dressed for the occasion. I speed-walked down the halls of the Spartan, eager to put down this rebellion once and for all. I entered the bridge, the crew saluted me, but I was already at my chair when I let them resume their work. Once the display popped up I selected 'Armed Forces'. It replaced the 'Fleet' option that I started out with a while back.

The 'Armed Forces' tab had a holographic tree in the middle, one branch for each armed force. Each branch had their own insignia at the end, except one. I selected the blank one. The image of the tree zoomed in to focus on the soon-to-be new branch of my military. But before I could do anything, I had to design the insignia and its name.

I started with the name first, I didn't want the spartan division, that would be copyright. So, I decided to name them the S.F.S.S (Special Forces Super Soldier). After typing it in I moved on to the insignia. I used a fist, with stars spread in an arc over it with a golden stripe connecting the stars together. It wasn't much, I'd probably change it later.

Confirming that this is what I wanted, it disappeared leaving me to create my super soldiers. Apparently, the little 'branches' that branched off of the main 'branch' were the different classes I could create. Basically lesser divisions. Selecting one, my eyes widened a little at the cost. It was so damn expensive!!

Looking at my budget. I calculated that, currently, I only had enough for 3 lesser divisions, with 50 super soldiers for each. I was a little disappointed, but the soldiers quality might make up for their numbers. Selecting the option to create my first lesser division, I contemplated on what to make it.

An idea popped into my head, assassins. THAT is what my first L-division will be! There was the required option to name the L-division. I couldn't help myself, I typed and entered the name 'Creed' into the slot. The Creed division. I now had the option to select what kind of training they would have, I entered in advanced stealth and martial arts training, along with light-weaponry training.

Now, on to their equipment! They would have camouflaged light armor and a light-exoskeleton, with an enemy-tagger built-into their helmets. Along with a portable invisibility device. Their standard load out, hmmm, their primary be a silenced SMG or sniper rifle, their secondary weapon will be a silenced pistole and retractable blades that attach to their wrists and are easily concealed. :D

Genetic and implant modifications next! They'll have some modifications to their joints, to stop them from popping. Their eyes will have a binocular implant, allowing them to scout out enemy positions with a little less weight on them. They'll also have increased speed, reflexes, and senses.

With all that done, I moved on to the next super soldier class. This one will be my heavies, typing in the slot, I entered the name 'berserker' into the slot. The Berserker Division. Their training will be advanced breach and clear, strength, and heavy-weapons. Their equipment will be camouflaged heavy armor and a heavy-exoskeleton, with a (Not mental illness inducing) rage drug injector built-into it.

Their modifications will be increased muscle density, and an implant at their nape that numbs pain when in battle. They'll also have thicker skin, stronger and denser bones, faster regeneration, and improved internal organs to support their new body. I was about to move on to the next class, but then remembered that I forgot to give them weapons!

I gave them the choice of either a LMG(light machine gun) or a rocket launcher for their primary, and a hand-cannon for their secondary. Just one more! This one will be the all-rounder, built for survival and adaptability. Typing into the slot, I entered 'Ranger'. The Ranger Division. Yeah, I'm soooo original.

There training will be advanced survival, medium-weaponry, and advanced battle-tactics. Their equipment will be medium armor and a medium-exoskeleton, along with a built in infantry-radar. Their primary weapons will be either an assault rifle or battle rifle, and their secondary will be a handgun.

AUGMENTATIONS!! They would have augmented tendons, allowing them to take less 'fall' damage. They'll also have some nano machines in them, for better all round performance.

Now I was done with defining the super-soldier classes. All that was left to do was to begin the recruitment! Looking around, I found the option to give the order to start recruitment. Selecting the option, I was presented with how many super soldiers were to be recruited. Since I did not have an infinite amount of credits and resources, I entered 50 soldiers per L division.

And with that done, I entered the command to start the recruitment process. I wonder if I'll get someone like the Master Chief from Halo, but I doubted it.


1 week later... In someone else's pov......

*beep* bop* boop* The microwave started to heat up some spaghetti and meatballs. I let out a deep sigh, my life was just getting good, then mediocre, then bad, then worse. I waited for the spaghetti to finish warming up, to which I was met with a *ding!*. Opening the microwave door, I pulled out the spaghetti.

Grabbing a fork, I made my way to the couch, robe and all, I fell and sank into the comfy cushions. Grabbing the remote, I turned on some old T.V show, an 'anime', called Girls und Panzer. It was... pretty interesting. Halfway through episode 7 another ad interrupted the show, it annoyed me a lot but, it was something that interested me greatly.

"Is your life down the drain? Do you have crippling depression? Or do you want to become a soldier and fight for justice? Then come on down to the nearest recruitment office today! Sign up for the special event and shape your destiny!"

The ad was like one of those old, cheesy ads from, like, the 1990's. Finishing my spaghetti, I finished the episode and rushed to put on some clothes. Walking up the basement stairs, I told my grandma that I was heading out and gave her a kiss. "Don't forget the groceries!" She yelled as I was almost out the door. I replied with an "Ok mom!" and headed out.

Walking down the sidewalk of the futuristic suburbs, I wondered what the special event was. But my thoughts were interrupted as I reached the train station, the train itself was white and sleek, it hovered slightly above the rails. In front and behind the train were two walls that gave way to a very long tube that reached the city.

My breath was caught in my throat. MY PAD!! I forgot my pad! How am I supposed to buy a seat now! In all my stress, I didn't notice the sound of someone walking up behind me. A feminine, human hand found its way onto my shoulder. Startled, I jumped forward and turned around to see the person who scared me. I was met with a women with brunette hair and a beautiful face and green eyes wearing casual clothing.

"It seems like your having a bad day." She said with a smile. "Here, I'll get you a ticket. That is what you're so stressed out about hmm?" I was shocked, she just offered to get me a train ticket out of her own pad! I wanted to get my life back on track, the ad was my only hope, and I didn't want to miss it. "uuuhhh, ok, sure, thanks!" I said awkwardly.

With a smile, she threw her pad at me. My reflexes kicked in, I kept on clumsily launching the damned thing in the air before finally catching it. When I looked at the strange woman to thank her she was, gone. I swung my head from side to side, trying to find out where she went. But I couldn't find her. With a shrug, I walked away to pay for my ride. Stepping into the hovering train, the alarm signaling that the train was leaving went off, the wall on the other side of the train started to wrap itself over the train before it was in the tube.

I could hear the air being sucked out of the space between the tube and the train before their was barely any left. The walls in front of the train opened, allowing it to zoom off to the city. I had no idea what was in store for me, but at least my life will get better once I'm in the military.


"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUCK!!!!" A dovah was running for his life, the explosions of fire spells all around him. This was a war, a war between him, and the paparazzi. No, seriously, the fucking paparazzi are after him! He was, obviously, very famous for his fans to actually hunt him. The reason for why he was so famous?

He was a philosopher, and a damn good one too! He was the first to suggest that there was life out there on other planets. At first he was seen as crazy, but then as people thought about it, it was a very popular belief. And it made him so famous! too famous. In fact, the people hunting him were almost entirely fangirls, nope all fangirls. They seriously injured the last dude.

Everything hurt, his lungs, his legs. Everything. Turning the corner, he looked as if he had seen god himself has come to rescue him. He saw riot police marching down the street. Relief flooded through him like a broken dam. Sprinting as if his life depended on it, he made it past the line. Looking back, he saw all the girls who were chasing him have their faces frozen in shock, then fear. They all ran away.

Dusting himself off, he dropped onto his knees, panting like there was no tomorrow. Looking up he saw a man in a black business suit, looking closer it turned out to be an elf. "Ah, so you must be Bork Worfenstien. A pleasure to meet you." the elf held his hand out, both to help him up and for a handshake. Of which, Bork did both. "So, might I ask what you're doing here?" Asked Bork Worfenstein. "Well, I'm here to invite you to the grand opening of the first space observatory!" Bork Worfenstein was so shocked he couldn't bork-ah mean speak.

"Well! Come on then!" Bork, whose shock had faded, turned to follow the elf into a limousine that he didn't notice earlier. "Oh, we've never been properly introduced! My name is Bork Worfington." Said the doge-I mean Bork. "Ah, thank you for reminding me, my name is Derp Derpington of the fourth house of the Derps, it's a pleasure."

Shaking hands, they both entered the limo. Unaware of how much fun it was for the author to make up their names....

8