Training: The Finale
610 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I apologize for the very late chapter. I've been lacking inspiration for this book. But at least I did not delete it! (I'm looking at you,  Myrane66)

(Grants pov, 1st person)

YES!! It's almost time for the evaluation! I could barely hold my excitement, but thanks to centuries on "the job" I could hide it. In the time between the creation of the super-soldier divisions and now I noticed some mistakes I made earlier. They were going to be the elite of the elite, so they had to be experts in everything.

But, I liked the idea of having them specialize in certain departments, so I edited it so that all the sub-divisions received training in everything. But mainly focused on the training I had selected for them previously. This cost a bit more, but I managed to scrape enough resources together to accomplish it.

I hoped that the combined forces of the super-soldiers and my other armed forces would be enough to destroy this rebellion. I really wanted to start the colonization of the rest of the planets in the system...


(Zesshi's pov, 1st person)

I was nervously pacing back and forth in my moms basement. Tomorrow I had to do the 'test,' or 'evaluation,' whatever it was called! I prepared myself, I trained and worked hard, my dads memory as my motivation. I just hoped it was enough. Earlier, I received the coordinates for where I was going to take the aforementioned test. Which was on a military base on the capitol.

 It wouldn't take too long to get there, but I was worried about my mom. I probably wouldn't be able to see her for a long time, and that would break both of our hearts. I just wish that I'll be able to stay in contact with her...


(Shawn's pov, 1st person)

I was at the edge of the forest. The leaves waving in the morning breeze. I wanted to test my strength before the evaluation, not by testing how much weight I can carry, but by how hard I can punch. After all, this was a military program. Walking up to a tree, I raised my fists and bounced back and forth like a boxer.

Covering my hand was a gauntlet of sorts, meant to protect my hand from accidentally breaking.

The tree was a little old, its trunk had about medium thickness, a good tree to start with. Focusing on my right hand, the one with the gauntlet, I put everything I had into one punch. As soon as my hand connected with the tree, it splintered under the power of my blow. Gooey red sap slowly dripping from the injured tree.

I have to be honest with you, I am a peaceful man, so I was surprised with the power from my punch. And since I am, mostly, a peaceful man, I wasn't used to the pain. My face wrinkled from the pain. The gauntlet was meant to protect my hand from breaking, NOT from the pain of the punch.

But pain is just a warning, something to tell you to stop, that is all it is. Instead of crying like a baby, my face returned to normal. Looking down at my armored hand, I flexed my fingers, my bones popping lightly. With a light 'humph' I decided that maybe something a little more... Proper, would be better than making the surrounding trees an eyesore.

I turned away from the splintered tree and headed back to my home. Once inside, I peeled the gauntlet off my hand and placed it next to the sink to be washed later. Thankfully, I hadn't experienced that dream lately, it would likely distract me from whatever I was doing over at the military.

I felt my pad buzz in my pocket. Pulling out my pad, I saw that it was a call. This surprised me, as I often didn't get calls. Upon closer inspection, it turns out it was from the military. I answered.

"Hello, this is an automated message, please do not reply." Said an obvious AI. "This call is to remind you of the evaluation. We know we gave you a short time to prepare, but it was needed to ensure the safety of the Empire." The call cut off there, brief like I had expected from the military.

I was about to put the pad back in my pocket, but I got another call. I raised my pad back to my face. The call was from an anonymous individual, so I thought it was a virus or something similar. So I declined the call, only for it to answer anyways.

"OThE cOuΝter." The callers voice sounded corrupted, impure, yet clear enough for me to understand. The call ended there, three words and three words alone. I shut off my pad and laid it on the kitchen desktop, I think i'm going to need a new pad. I had no idea who called me, or why they said what they said. 

"On the counter." I repeated the mysterious callers dialogue. I thought about the choice of words; What they meant. My eyes drifted onto the kitchen counter. There was something on it, something that made my pupils shrink to pinpricks. On the counter was a single, .50 caliber bullet in brass casing...


(Bork's pov, 1st person.)

It has been around a month after the murder of Derp. The investigation was long, and bore little fruit, but enough to keep the flames burning, with some help from Derp's family. Once Derps murder became known to the public, panic enveloped the streets. The authorities thought that I might be next on the assassins list, so they put me in a safe house until the murderer was caught.

How the hell did my life end up like this?


Later, at one of the evaluation sites...

There was a surprising amount of people at the base. Thousands upon thousands, crowded in it's courtyard. When the neurosurgeons responsible for the memory wiping process became aware of the number, 4,507 to be exact, they were all shaking from the fear of how much work was ahead of them. Grant was at the site, eager to see the people who would one day become his victory over the Glass rebellion.

There were multiple tests to evaluate the skills and abilities of each individual, to see which sub-division they are best-suited to join. Weight lifting, Martial Arts tournaments, Parkour races, etc. But before all of that, Grant had to give a speech to his possible future Super-Soldiers.

(Grants pov, 1st person.)

"Hello, my citizens. You are here today to become one of the finest and strongest division of the Armed Forces of this Starlight Empire." I called out to the people in front of me. I scanned the line, which was silent as a mouse. "You may be wondering, 'Why us? Why, out of your entire military, would you choose us for this?' The answer is simple, and will be revealed to you if you become one of the few 150 to pass."

The crowd remained silent. "If you decide that you do not wish to do this, to quit at the last second, and just carry on with a normal life, then head to the neurosurgeons at the left of the courtyard, they will erase your memory of this entire operation. If you choose to do this, then I understand..."

There were some unsure faces in the crowd, and after a long silence around 25% of the people at the base made their way to the neurosurgeons. 4,507 people may seem like a lot to some individuals, but in actuality it was very little. And now that around 25% left, even more so.

With a barely audible sigh, I gave the signal to begin the evaluation....


Announcement
Again, I'm sorry for the short chapter, even when it's been weeks since I last posted a chapter. But one of my friends gave me some good advice, and it was to 'fill in what is needed, don't tire yourself out and lose even more motivation trying to make all the chapters super long.' I expect for some of you to be angry at me for this, I don't blame you. It's okay to insult me and criticize me all you want in the comments section or reviews, I will not defend myself.
6