#8 Russian… Transfer Student?
10.4k 28 186
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Erica was my assistant, the stand-in figurehead for the business empire that I own.

Yes, she's a capable, loyal assistant that I'm proud of... except for a few flaws that has given me headaches on more than one occasion... There are times when she needs to get things out of her system, considering the fact that she's shouldering the responsibilities of acting director I've imposed on her. But sometimes her surprises can really take my heart out on a spin.

What are you playing at this time? I gave that woman an eye gesture, and knowing that I was good at reading body language, she returned with one of her own.

Ehhh... she's playing dumb?

Is that how it is?

Tsk. Erica is probably the only one I can't read through in this world. One of the rare few in fact. From that aspect of being able to manipulate her body language alone shows how capable she is on the negotiation table.

Erica is undoubtedly one of the few I entrust my business empire with while I'm away.

Still.

I'd been wondering why I haven't been in touch with her since she'd sent me that text message yesterday.

Erica: I'll see you soon ♥

Along with that selfie of her in a not so family-friendly 'summer battle attire' that she captioned...

And the worst part about it is, the image was covered in mosaic. God, damnit!

This is voyeurism, Erica-sensei. I'm holding you to court.

...Haaah, I'm holding back the retorts but.

To think Erica would come to Japan herself. Was there a change in plans, or was this yet another one of her whimsical whims?

If I remember correctly from a report from my subordinates, a big Russian official is flying to attend a meeting with our company today, and Erica who acted as my stand-in was supposed to be welcoming her right about now.

Tehe.

...Why are you giving me that smile as if it's none of your business? You know I do at least take out some of my personal time every night to stay updated on the company's activities? Keeping up relations with Russia, one of the few countries that deals with the 'dirty work' for my business is extremely invaluable!

Ugh. I didn't think Erica was the type that skimped on work like this. She's always had that troubling personality for the longest time I've known her, but this was the first time Erica had actually caused trouble for me. 

...Should I go receive the VIP myself? Right now, a private jet would take about...

As if sensing my impatience, my smartwatch beeped.

Meguri: Please do not worry Kyou-sama. Representative Director Erica has revised the itinerary last night. The hospitality for our Russian diplomat will be properly attended to.

...Huhhh? A revision in the itinerary last night?

I hurriedly opened up the folder containing the schedule of today's meeting.

Just then, the sound outside the windows caught my attention. Car engines?

The bespectacled girl one seat in front of me stood up and looked outside.

The silent "eh?" that showed from her facial expression told me that she was seeing something unbelievable.

"What's this?" "Woahh, that's a lot of cars."

Someone chipped in.

"Wait a minute, aren't those really expensive cars?" "Ahh, you're right!" "Is an important person coming to our school?"

Following her, I realized that many more of my classmates had begun to join in on the commotion. 

I glanced briefly at Erica, who remained smiling at me, looking as if she had no plans on stopping the rowdiness of the class.

I've got a bad feeling... whenever she's like this, it'd be the times when she'd succeeded in her prank.

And connecting everything together... Please don't make my cupid plans any more complicated than this...

Holding back my headache, I looked outside the window.

"Ah."  I was right. Russian car brands. If I remember correctly they were the latest Maglev models that weren't released to the public yet. Not many in this world could afford something like this. Much less over twenty of them.

Togayama Ruika who was sitting to the right side of my desk looked up curiously at first, but she eventually couldn't scratch off that itch and joined in. 

"Uoahh... someone is coming out of that shiny black car! ( : ౦ ‸ ౦ :)" Togayama exclaimed excitedly. Her tanned body leaned in from beside me, C-cups just barely touching my shoulders.

Why did she not inform me of this change? Does she expect me to play house with their daughter? Even when I'm busy with cupid activities?

"Uwahhh! A cute girl! A bishoujo! Her skin is so white like a doll! o(≧▽≦)o"

Erica... just what were you thinking?

"Eh? She's looking over here! She's looking over here! Hey, hey! Yahallo~ (o´▽`o)ノ"

...  ...Look, I get it. You're an airhead but. Could you have some self-awareness as a girl at the very least? For the record, I am still a guy.

 

 

...

"Apologies for being late, everyone." The butler-looking gentleman beside the girl spoke. He must be the translator.

"She is Anastasia Aurora, a foreign exchange student from Russia. For the rest of this semester, Anastasia-sama will be attending class with everyone as part of a cultural exchange program."

"Aaah, she's just like an angel! She's just the darndest' cutest thing ever, right?" Fake gyaru called out to me in a small whisper.

Why are you asking me. Well yeah, she's quite beautiful. 

9i1fip1.png

A petite-looking girl with unblemished, snow white skin, as expected of an albino. Her bright red eyes seemed apathetic to her onlookers, yet they exude some sort of ethereal charm like a pair of rubies. She wasn't that tall, sitting at about 160, but the way she poised herself with heeled shoes along with her custom-fit school outfit made her seem much more imposing than she actually is.

Hmm, I think I've seen a face like hers before. Eh, Russian girls must all have really gorgeous faces huh.

Like a mix of gothic lolita, and a bona fide princess. A mafia princess? Mm, my interest as a collector is sparkling.

Anastasia glanced up and surveyed the class with a small nod. Her eyes seemed to linger around my seat, particularly Togayama-san for some reason. Although her facial expression remained unchanged, I thought I saw her click her tongue once.

...Wait a minute... maybe I could include her in the list of candidates?

No... she's way too high level for the guys here. There are way too many variables that I cannot account for. Even if I managed to couple her with a protagonist candidate, the aftermath with the Anastasia family, who's known to have connections with the mafia is going to be a trouble to deal with.

...But the charm of romancing a Russian beauty, much less a kuudere ojou-sama? Isn't there a certain... thrill, a moe gap to it when she eventually succumbs to the harem protagonist? It's like opening the Iron Maiden, and finding that one smile that makes it all worth it.

If I pulled this off... no, only I can pull this off!

That's it, I've convinced myself.

I'm not sure what Erica is thinking, getting the daughter of our Russian diplomat to attend this school but...

Thinking about it positively, this is also another opportunity for me to improve my skills as a cupid and as a coordinator.

I'll get the details from her later, but in the meantime, seems like things have gotten a little bit more interesting.

"Best regards." Anastasia replied with a cold voice.

...So she can speak Japanese, albeit a little broken.

A brief silence followed, which was broken by a second bout of commotion in the class. This time, seemingly a bit louder than before.

Announcement
Because of the virus pandemic, I will no longer be writing on this planet. As migrating and colonizing the Moon may take some time, please expect the next chapter in a few more years. Thanks for waiting :)
186