Chapter 33 – Peter – Excited Nsak
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week quickly passed. During these days, Peter and his small squad didn’t go to their guild base. At mornings, they would meet in the small warehouse which Peter rented and review the information and the maps. Excepts for the first day when Peter contacted Kevin for weapon customization, they have entirely lost contact with the base. In the evenings, they would go around and buy ammunition and various supplies. They or especially Peter spent a fortune in this because he was afraid that they would run out of ammunition in the middle. He was very cautious since they would even have to face government forces if things headed to the worst.

This morning, Peter is practicing several sword moves in the warehouse while waiting for Ronald and Allen who haven’t arrived yet. Ben is checking the maps with his phone in the corner. Glenn is reviewing the victims’ photos. Mark is doing push-ups on the floor. They have been like that for nearly an hour because Ronald and Allen went to the guild base to take their guns from their gunsmith Kevin. After these guys watched Astartes movie, they agreed with Peter’s thoughts about changing their fighting style. Now, their mainstream automatic rifle has become bigger one which use 12.7mm anti-material bullets. And Ronald’s sniper uses 50mm rounds. So, they had to run around to hoard these ammunition. Previous special ammunition they bought from Nsak became ammo for specially crafted long barrelled pistols. At least, they are not entirely useless.

Nearly thirty minutes passed, finally the shutter door was opened and Ronald walked in. Soon, Allen also came in. Peter took back the sword into the space ring. The other people also stopped doing their things and gathered together. Peter asked Allen to pull down the roller shutter first so the latter had to go and pulled down the shutter.

Ronald took out the guns from his space bag one by one and put them on the table. The crowd couldn’t wait to take their shares and check them out. Because these guns were aimed to be useful under the condition of them wearing big metal gloves, they became bigger and heavier. A normal person might not be able to use their specially crafted long barrelled pistol. It has 30cm barrel, body weight of nearly 10kg due to specially alloy Kevin used, and its specially crafted magazine can be loaded with 20 rounds of bullets. Each pistol came with four magazines. Moreover, that long barrelled pistol which was named as Kevin Type one pistol by Kevin is fully automatic pistol.

Kevin Type one automatic rifle has barrel length of 40cm and its ammo is 12.7mm bullets. The gun body is three times bigger than normal rifle and it weighs over 50kg. Each rifle came with five 50-rounds drum magazines. This rectangular shaped automatic rifle which almost exactly looks like the one in Astartes movie has very good recoil. Most people will not be able to lift it. However, it is not a big problem for Peter and his people who have already stepped into transcendence path because even the weakest guy of the guild has single arm strength of over 300kg. And their measurement is different from highest hit of gym nuts as they mainly measure with constant training and stamina of one hour period. Their weight bearing suit is around 1 ton weigh in total and they’ve been wearing it almost all the time. Moreover, they are still in the first phase; total blood exchange. But they’ve already become several times stronger than normal human beings.

Sniper rifle for Ronald is just normal looking anti-material rifle which mainly uses 20mm bullets as ammo. Its size is two times bigger than original one although the barrel is only slightly longer than original one. But unlike original one, Kevin gave it ability to equip with silencer. It came with specially made four 20-rounds magazines. Ronald also tested the firepower in the base and the result was amazing and satisfying. The anti-material 20mm bullet easily penetrated 2 inches thick tank armor plate. However, Ronald felt regretful because anti-material bullets were not that easy to buy. They walked around for entire week and he only got 300 rounds of anti-material type 20mm bullets.

After the crowd allocated the things and put them into their storage bags, they drove towards Origin Church in two unremarkable old pickups. When they walked into the church, Jenny and Tina were already waiting at the outside. They knew that Peter would directly leave for the long journey after picking up those armors today. Jenny coldly led them to the underground market all the way without talking a word. She is really feeling complicated towards Peter these days.

When they entered the store, Nsak was sitting in front of a big TV and watching movie. Since he got inspiration from that set of armor, Nsak decided to take a good look at the creative ideas of mortals. Although mortals can only imagine and may not be able to bring them into reality, Nsak is still confident in himself that he might be able to create those strange items with his alchemy and knowledge of runes.

Nsak took out the already finished armors from his space ring and placed them on the floor, he paused the movie and said, “7 sets of completely sealed whole body armors. My finest and proudest works.”

Then, he controlled one to let it float in the air, turn around slowly and he said, “I removed useless power backup. Fully enclosed headgear with three runes systems; reinforced physical defense, reinforced energy defense, and element filter. With this, you will never lose your head in the battle, you will not get under mental attack, and you can survive in harsh environment with toxic gases. Its sights are made with very strong Julius glass, yes, they have the same thickness as the helmet armor of 3cm. Their defense is the strongest in the entire body armor. Moreover, they also provide clear sight all the time so you don’t even need to wipe it clean in various situations like being underwater or in mists. Well, you might need to wipe the blood and dirt on them tho. Anyways.”

“The rest of the body armor all have the same thickness of 3cm except 5cm outer chest plate and 5cm outer shoulder guards. And yes, specially made gauntlets are only 1cm thick but they are created with a trace of luminous metal so you don’t need to worry about losing your fingers. These parts all have the same three runes systems on them. The first one is still reinforced physical defense, then reinforced energy defense and finally agility boost. In normal state, it can completely ignore attacks under 100DP of Tier two. Yes, you might not know what DP is. It’s our destructive power measurement. Under 1000 DP, one DP is equal to probably around one ton force. For you, you can at least cause two tons force in normal empty-handed attacks. With sharp weapon like the sword I gave you, you can deal at least 1-9 tons force depending on your moves. That is around 9DP. A normal fireball from formal tier one mage has at least 20DP damage. Strongest spell attack can be around 80-90 DP damage. Moreover, attacks from Tier two mage are slightly stronger than of Tier one. Normal Tier two transcendence has lowest attack power of around 100DP. Yea, basically, even his normal looking small fireball can cause at least 100DP damage. So, with these armors, you can basically run around as long as you don’t meet Tier two powerhouse.”

Then, looking at somewhat confused men beside excited Peter, Nsak rubbed his beard and said, “Let’s talk about this in the way you familiar with. Any part of this armor can withstand attacks from 20mm vulcan machine gun.”

When Nsak saw the guys who seemed to become realization, he felt satisfied. But then, he thought of something and said annoyingly, “When you entered the runes boosting state, it can provide you with higher defense power and better agility. Depending on the energy you are using, its performance can be higher than normal state from 50% to 300%. However, since this is just Tier one magic item, its effects are greatly limited. First, due to low quality materials, runes boosting state can only last around 10 minutes if you’re using it continuously. After that, you cannot enter runes boosting state again during three hours. Of course, you can switch it on and off as you want so you can have longer using time. Moreover, to use runes boosting state, you need this energy crystal.”

Nsak took out a finger size small crystal in spherical shape from his space ring and put in on his palm to show it to the crowd. It is a small pure white crystal sphere which is glowing faintly. It sank into the thick armor as Nsak pushed it against the small sun in the center of chest plate. Nsak proudly said to the armor, “Enter the runes mode.”

Small lines and runes on the whole armor started to glow, Nsak turned to looked at the crowd and said, “It has voice command system.”

Then, he embarrassingly said with a red face, “Cough, although it can only recognized two sentences, enter the runes mode and quit the runes mode, it can show that my alchemy has improved a lot. Well, yes, I am already researching that thing in the movie, eh, yes, that thing called AI system. Sooner or later, you can buy fully functional armors from me.”

Jenny who was acting cold looking couldn’t stand against his uncle Nsak anymore so she hurriedly interrupted him, “Stop it right there. We are here to take the things we ordered. Now, you only need to tell us several things which we should pay attention to.”

0