Chapter 35 – Peter – Laredo City Part II
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The young female waiter gave a note to the youngest of the team Allen, who just turned to 23 this year. And she ran back while blushing. Allen smiled and put the note into his jacket pocket. Ronald whistled and other regular customers in the store also started to tease the girl. For a while, the store became very lively. From them, the crowd knew her name and her background briefly. She is called Emma and daughter of the store owner. The grill house is a family business opened by Emma’s family. Emma is just 17 years old girl who is still going to high school. When she saw Allen today, she felt that her heart was beating fast and she realized the thing called first sight love. So, Emma decided to hold the opportunity which came on its own to her. Soon, burly looking bald man walked into the dining hall from the kitchen. When Emma saw him, she walked over and said, “Dad, why are you coming out?”

He replied, “I just wanna take a look at who took my girl’s love and I just wanna talk to him.”

The man is around 190cm tall and Emma tagging behind him has almost one head difference with him since her height is only around 170. The store went slowly quiet and decided to watch the show. Burly bald man glanced at the familiar male customer who was sitting together with his family and the latter winked at a direction of where Peter and his men were sitting and eating. Bald dad nodded in gratitude and walked towards Peter’s squad. Even if he saw the group of men who looked really burly and huge, he still tried to keep his momentum. Peter and his men also noticed the burly and bald man with apron still on him walking to them with that young waitress Emma. They slowed down their eating speed and leaned back on the chair comfortably with the mentality of waiting for a good show.

“New faces? I am Hugo Goldshire and this is my daughter Emma Goldshire. Welcome from Whisperers grill house.”, said the bald man.

Peter stretched out his hand, shook hands with Hugo and he introduced, “Peter. We came from a small city called San Christobal in southern Mexico.”

Then, the men shook hands with Hugo one by one and introduced themselves. Hugo felt the hard palms and fingers so he asked simply, “I can feel that none of you are simple. From the government or gang? I hope that you can forget about my daughter. She is still young and has little knowledge about the society. This is a request from a man who is a dad.”

Looking at guys with smirks, Peter gave a wry smile and he said, “We used to be from government but now we are just mercenaries. Of course, you don’t have to worry about your daughter because we just stopped by to eat something. We are leaving here tomorrow.”

Hugo felt satisfied, laughed and said before leaving, “You’re welcome to stop by again next time. Free beer for you tonight.”

Emma gave an embarrassing smile and walked to the counter where her mother was sitting. At there, she simply started to report about her father’s bad things to her mother while the latter smiled and listened to her daughter.

Mark, Ben and Dale continued having their meals at a table against the floor to ceiling glass wall while Peter, Ronald, Allen and Glenn were at the next table. They chose that place because they could see the outside easily. It would provide them with good situation awareness. At that time, Ronald was teasing Allen who was sitting beside him. Glenn was silently minding his own business as usual. Looking at bickering Ronald and Allen, Peter suddenly missed his lost youth. Too bad, he’s already married now. When Peter thought about his ridiculous story after being cursed amusingly and looked at the outside, he noticed that a gang of bikers stopped in the parking just under his sight. He slightly tapped the plate with the knife and attracted the attention of his buddies. Without any words, they looked at the outside at the direction in line of Peter’s sight. When they saw the group of bikers who looked strong and tough with tattoos on the exposed flesh and tactical gun belts with weapons on them, they silently took out modified Tokarev pistols from their storage bags and put them into their jacket pockets. These modified Tokarev pistols use 7.62mm bullets and their size is slightly bigger than normal original one. It was another work done by their master gunsmith Kevin and was prepared for sudden situations in public sights. After all, they still need guns in normal fights without runes armors on them.

However, they were worrying too much. When the bikers entered the store, they greeted the two women behind the counter familiarly and even handed over some gifts they brought. Nearly two dozens bikers took the seats at free tables and even greeted the nearby familiar folks they knew. Looking at the lively situation, Peter speechlessly gestured his men to not care about these bikers anymore. After all, no matter how they observed, these people all looked like the same family. But it seems that Hugo is not that simple man who runs the grill house.

No accident happened. When Peter and his men checked out, Emma suddenly asked, “Can I know where you usually live?”

Allen said under the stares of Peter and others, “No. We are just strangers who will never meet again after this.”

Nevertheless, Ronald had a different idea so he simply said, “We live in a ranch at the west of San Christobal. Ten miles along the No.3 highway to the west and enter into Nature land of Amish. Just drive along that dirt road for about six to seven minutes till you reached a special ranch with name board ‘Guardian Spirits’. That’s our home.”

Emma wrote down the road direction and address fast and started to calculate the bill. In the end, she crossed the bill for beer and said, “Free beer and that’s gonna be eighty five dollars.”

Peter nodded, handed over a hundred dollar bill with Franklin head on it, and said, “The rest is your tip. Girl, Allen is not that good as you think. Your father is right about one thing and he is a good dad for you.”

Emma pouted and walked towards the counter while muttering something. How could you understand my life with a gang boss dad?

Peter motioned his men to go and he also stood up. But they first went to restroom to clean up their personal hygiene before they walked out of the store. They were simply going to find a nice motel and rest in the city tonight. As for the visit to Peter’s dead colleague, they would just make it at the next morning. After all, visiting the graveyard at night sounded weird nonetheless.

At the next morning, Peter paid a visit to his dead coworker who was buried in the graveyard of a small Catholic Church which came out from the mainline of influential Bright Church in Aryan Empire. Looking at the small tombstone with the name ‘Robin Witherwood’, Peter sighed and put down the white rose he bought on the way. Good people are often wronged in this gray society. So, we must be tough enough deter all darkness on the way. Peter suddenly felt that road ahead was so clear unlike before. He took one last look at the tombstone with a white rose in front of it and said, “Let’s go. We have no time to waste.”

The squad of seven people first spent nearly an hour in drive-through to get burgers, fried chicken, french fries and pizzas enough for them as breakfast. They ordered twenty servings for each item and they had to wait to get them. They need to eat more since they are huge and their bodies are developing. Like that, they successfully wasted another one hour for the foods like they did usual on the previous journey before that.

The driver roles changed again today as Ronald and Glenn became drivers of respective pickups. Peter played with his smartphone while eating french fries slowly. Suddenly, he got notification that the founder of Sacred Heart school posted an announcement and a quest in the channel of school’s affiliated forces. The announcement was about them having a daughter named Abigail Steller with a group photo of them. It is a beautiful little girl with a sweet smile and soft golden hairs under the sunshine. She is being hugged by a handsome but burly young man while a beautiful young woman beside him is embracing a cute black cat and two colorful parrots standing on her shoulder. This might be the first time, the members of the affiliated forces saw their leaders. They immediately printed the photocopies and gave these photos to their members.

If the first announcement caused a small earthquake, the quest behind it caused a bigger earthquake. Because the rewards are so simply rich and attractive. The quest is very simple. It is to eliminate secret predators who are killing the young children and the rewards varies from one hundred gold coins to one divine crystal. The region is all over the whole United States of America Federation and number is unlimited with no countdown. But the leader reminded that they should only take action after detail investigation. There is also a simple ceremony and a short prayer coming along so he can know the merits to give out the rewards through it.

0